It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howsabout this one:

My link

What size is 52 though? Would that be a Medium, Large, or XL?

I think the jersey is legit considering the inside tags, but I am not sure of the customization.

Also, a size 52 is around an XL.

Alright. I learned something new today. Sorry about the mistake.

Howsabout this one:

My link

What size is 52 though? Would that be a Medium, Large, or XL?

that jersey is FAKE

I would think that is a legit replica?

That is a legit replica, but as Brilliant! stated, the customization is WAY OFF. You can find the early 90s Penguins road black replicas cheaper at SportsK. I think they are around $90 blank and adding customization makes it less than $175.

Howsabout this one here?

My link

I'm guessing that's a legit vintage replica right? When it comes to jersey inspectaion I'm learning as I go along here, so go easy on me.

Legit, but WAY overpriced.

Legit, but WAY overpriced.

But the logo, font, and numbers are right though...yes? I.E. that jersey has the "smaller Penguin logo with the not as modernized Penguin" on it like how the jerseys really were logo'ed back in the day.....and I assume that is the right style of numbers and correct style of font sewn on all nice nice on that particular jersey. Right?

If so, then what is roughly a worthwhile price for a legit vintage replica with everything correct (logo, team font, and numbers)all sewn on perfectly?

Edited by PenguinsFan88

that jersey is FAKE

What exactly gave it away? I'm trying to learn...and this one's tough for me.

rear ccm/nhl logo puts it as a ccm vintaage series(but no corresponding neck tag), also if it was ccm vintage line, the different colors(yellow meets black etc) were dyed into the fabric not sewn together, they were also airknit not polyester

rear ccm/nhl logo puts it as a ccm vintaage series(but no corresponding neck tag), also if it was ccm vintage line, the different colors(yellow meets black etc) were dyed into the fabric not sewn together, they were also airknit not polyester

Oh ok, that makes sense, thanks. What should the back have instead on the bottom, an iron on CCM?

Oh ok, that makes sense, thanks. What should the back have instead on the bottom, an iron on CCM?

no the back and neck actually look ok, its just that combined they send up the red flag to stay away, and with the sewn together panels...ccm never made these that way...

the black/white/black strips are sewn together not dyed and flat.

Wassamatter with the custom job? Other people said yay...not nay.

the "C" could be a little short but its a real Vintage series.

the "C" could be a little short but its a real Vintage series.

Hmmm anyway to check and see if the "C" is too short?

Other than that, are the real vintage series jerseys the way to go? I.E. was the font and sleeve numbering on the one I linked correct? And howabout the size of the crest and the penguin on it? Is it like the ones on the real '91-92 Pens away jersies? Or was it too oversized, like how the crests on alot of the CCM vintage Penguins replicas online seem to be nowadays?

Hmmm anyway to check and see if the "C" is too short?

Other than that, are the real vintage series jerseys the way to go? I.E. was the font and sleeve numbering on the one I linked correct? And howabout the size of the crest and the penguin on it? Is it like the ones on the real '91-92 Pens away jersies? Or was it too oversized, like how the crests on alot of the CCM vintage Penguins replicas online seem to be nowadays?

I mean the "C" MIGHT be not as tall or more stubby then the gamer version "C"

I own one myself of this version. if it was the real deal it would be well over $250-300+.

Only guys like us on this forum would ever be able to tell the difference.

I mean the "C" MIGHT be not as tall or more stubby then the gamer version "C"

I own one myself of this version. if it was the real deal it would be well over $250-300+.

Only guys like us on this forum would ever be able to tell the difference.

Oh ok cool. Since you own one of these how does the actual jersey look? I.E. is the "LEMIEUX" font on the back and sleeve numbering on this one I linked and that we've been discussing correct? I know that the "Heroes of Hockey" Lemieux CCM jersey (that already comes named and numbered) has the incorrect style of numbers on the sleeves (then what was actually used) and I believe that the style of font on the back and nameplate on the "Heroes of Hockey" Lemieux CCM jerseys were wrong as well.

That's not the case with this version though right? I mean if I am going to purchase it, I want everything to be as accurate and precise as possible. :) I never realized how much research there was to take into account if you want a nice jersey. :lol:

Does it fit nice?

Edited by PenguinsFan88

The Lemieux jersey is legit but it has a bad custom job

Is that jersey really legit? I always thought that seller's jerseys were fake. What got me was the way he positions the jerseys in the pictures. I guess I was mistaken. :mellow: