It is good or not?

lafountain

Feeling good about this one. Any Moose experts?

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120131/689r1/907788e_20.jpeg

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120131/689r1/5317n27_20.jpeg

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120131/689r1/8898cjd_20.jpeg

Man, all these sizings are real confusing. I'm a Reebok Premier S, so I should be an edge 46 and a 6100 48?

That carpet needs to be cleaned or replaced.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling good about this one. Any Moose experts?

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120131/689r1/907788e_20.jpeg

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120131/689r1/5317n27_20.jpeg

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120131/689r1/8898cjd_20.jpeg

Man, all these sizings are real confusing. I'm a Reebok Premier S, so I should be an edge 46 and a 6100 48?

You'd be a 46 in Edge as that is the smallest size available. I wear a M in Premier and 50 in Edge.

this jersey is legit but ive never seen any tagging like this

it's a first batch la kings edge with the tags of pre edge and the old nhl shield in place of the thick shield

any info on this?

weirdla.jpg

weird3.jpg

Boy, that is strange. Everything checks out though. That Reebok tag was used in their 6100's right after the lockout. The shield kinda looks like the patch ones that went on the 6100 hems too but slightly off at the same time. What does the rest of the jersey look like?

You'd be a 46 in Edge as that is the smallest size available. I wear a M in Premier and 50 in Edge.

Bender, a medium Premier and 50 Edge (1.0) fit me as well, but 6100's have arms that are significantly baggier than Premiers/Edges, so I don't go over 46 on those. If you wear a small Premier, I have a feeling a 48 6100 might be very big on you. And sorry if I'm confusing you even more, but Edge 46's seem to be significantly smaller in the 1.0's than in the 2.0's, so whether you can wear a 46 Edge may depend on which model it is.

Boy, that is strange. Everything checks out though. That Reebok tag was used in their 6100's right after the lockout. The shield kinda looks like the patch ones that went on the 6100 hems too but slightly off at the same time. What does the rest of the jersey look like?

yeah it is the same material and stitching as a 6100 hem tag but in the style of the edge shield

the rest of the jersey is exactly the same as retail edge 1.0 with the exception of whats shown

Edited by Digger

Are the size charts wrong? I double checked the chart I posted with the IJ size chart and a couple others online and they all have the same numbers.

I admit I only have a few Edges, and no Premiers, but I don't get how people say an Edge 50 with a 44" chest fits the same as a Medium Premier with a 49.5" chest.

Maybe it's just because I'm a fat arse, but the chest size of a jersey is the first thing I worry about, then sleeve length, then length of the jersey.

the rest of the jersey is exactly the same as retail edge 1.0 with the exception of whats shown

Post pictures of the rest of the jersey. I'm curious now too, never seen that before.

Post pictures of the rest of the jersey. I'm curious now too, never seen that before.

I didnt take pics of the rest for the reason that its the same as other edge 1.0 jerseys(xtrafil and everything) and dont have it with me until the 18th

It's being offered to me as a replacement for them messing up my other white kings jersey

I can either have this odd one or wait for a size 54 thats the same tagging as all other edge jerseys

honestly i spent almost 20 mins looking the whole thing over and trying it on

the only difference was the neck

Are the size charts wrong? I double checked the chart I posted with the IJ size chart and a couple others online and they all have the same numbers.

I admit I only have a few Edges, and no Premiers, but I don't get how people say an Edge 50 with a 44" chest fits the same as a Medium Premier with a 49.5" chest.

Matt, IMO the size charts can be somewhat misleading. For example, on the Premier Medium, the pit-to-pit measurement is only 24 3/4" if you measure from the part under the sleeve which flares out from the rest of the body. If you measure from mid-to-lower crest level, which I think is more representative of the true jersey width, it's more like 23". On the Edge 50 (1.0) the width measured in the same way is around 22 1/2 to 23", so the difference in size between the two is not as much as you might think. To prove it, here's a picture of one of my Edge 50's on top of a Premier Medium- they're almost a perfect match:

edge50_premierM.jpg

For Bender, who wanted to know how a Premier Small compared to a 6100 48, here's the same Edge 50 (similar to or slightly larger than a Premier Small) on top of a size 46 (!) 6100. Notice how baggy the 6100 sleeves are in comparison to the Edge. The difference would be even more noticeable between a Premier Small and a 6100 48...

edge50_6100-46.jpg

I don't see how a Premier Small could possibly compare to an Edge 54 or a 6100 48, but that's what you might be led to believe if you go just by the charts.

Matt, IMO the size charts can be somewhat misleading.

I don't see how a Premier Small could possibly compare to an Edge 54 or a 6100 48, but that's what you might be led to believe if you go just by the charts.

Awesome - this is exactly what I was wondering. Thank you for the examples.

Holy cow, that's like wearing a parachute. Thanks for the comparison!

Oh! Oh! I have one...Premier large...is it more like an Edge 52 or 54? I had my large on yesterday, and was thinking that the sleeve length was perfect, which is the same as a 52. The 54s are longer in the sleeves, too long to me, but then the chest difference is pretty large. Thanks in advance!

I've never understood why people try to compare replica cuts to the cut of an authentic. They just don't fit anything alike, especially the EDGE cuts compared to premier cuts. One is cut straight (premier) and the other (EDGE) has a taper and fits tighter. To me an XL replica and a 52 or 54 EDGE are two totally different things and one fits nothing like the other.

The same goes for all other jerseys IMO. Authentics are cut to be worn with pads, replicas are not. To me you just can't compare them.

I've never understood why people try to compare replica cuts to the cut of an authentic. They just don't fit anything alike, especially the EDGE cuts compared to premier cuts. One is cut straight (premier) and the other (EDGE) has a taper and fits tighter. To me an XL replica and a 52 or 54 EDGE are two totally different things and one fits nothing like the other.

I can't speak for everyone of course, but I don't think people are necessarily asking what size Edge fits exactly like a Premier M in every way. I imagine they simply want to know, if they are comfortable in a Premier M, then what size Edge would they be most comfortable in, and that would give the best overall fit for that type of jersey. Despite the differences in cut between replicas and authentics, the concepts of "too large" and "too small" still apply to both. So if you ask me, I don't think there's anything wrong with this type of comparison at all. Just my 2 cents. :)

I can't speak for everyone of course, but I don't think people are necessarily asking what size Edge fits exactly like a Premier M in every way. I imagine they simply want to know, if they are comfortable in a Premier M, then what size Edge would they be most comfortable in, and that would give the best overall fit for that type of jersey. Despite the differences in cut between replicas and authentics, the concepts of "too large" and "too small" still apply to both. So if you ask me, I don't think there's anything wrong with this type of comparison at all.

Yeah, but everyone is different. I personally can squeeze into a large premier jersey, which in theory means I should fit into a size 50 EDGE, but I don't. I've only tried them on, but I'm comfortable in a 52 1.0. I still prefer 54 because I like room in everything, which is why I'm still wearing 2X t-shirts even though I've lost so much weight that I should be wearing XL. I've always thought it would be much easier to suggest a size to someone if they give their height and weight, rather than what size replica they fit into.

Yeah, but everyone is different. I personally can squeeze into a large premier jersey, which in theory means I should fit into a size 50 EDGE, but I don't. I've only tried them on, but I'm comfortable in a 52 1.0. I still prefer 54 because I like room in everything, which is why I'm still wearing 2X t-shirts even though I've lost so much weight that I should be wearing XL. I've always thought it would be much easier to suggest a size to someone if they give their height and weight, rather than what size replica they fit into.

That's a smart idea. I'm 5'11" and about 190 lbs.

That's a smart idea. I'm 5'11" and about 190 lbs.

Ha, we're the same height and I'm about 8lbs heavier, but I still have a residual gut. Try a 50 or 52, you'll definitely be one of them. The only reason I'm not a 50 is because of the gut, but I'd still wear a size bigger anyway.

Ha, we're the same height and I'm about 8lbs heavier, but I still have a residual gut. Try a 50 or 52, you'll definitely be one of them. The only reason I'm not a 50 is because of the gut, but I'd still wear a size bigger anyway.

Thanks! And yeah, I have a bit of a gut too. And since my weight tends to fluctuate...it seems a 52 is prob the way to go. Funny thing, I'm a 54 in CCM - just because of the arm length. 52s barely cover my watch.

Thanks for the info!

You make a good point about giving one's height and weight, I agree, but I'm just curious about something. Why do you say that "in theory" you should fit in an Edge 50? If you saw the photo I posted earlier, the Premier M is very slightly roomier than the 50. If you have to squeeze into a L, then it would be perfectly logical that you wouldn't fit in a 50, and that you'd be comfortable in a 52 or 54, right? Or at least it seems that way to me.

You make a good point about giving one's height and weight, I agree, but I'm just curious about something. Why do you say that "in theory" you should fit in an Edge 50? If you saw the photo I posted earlier, the Premier M is very slightly roomier than the 50. If you have to squeeze into a L, then it would be perfectly logical that you wouldn't fit in a 50, and that you'd be comfortable in a 52 or 54, right? Or at least it seems that way to me.

Well when I say "squeeze", I mean that a large replica fits but it's not as roomy as I like. I can wear them and sit comfortably at a game, but I'd much rather have an XL. It also depends entirely on the manufacturer, and this really only applies to Reebok/Koho/CCM. Nike's large is pretty big on me. I can wear a 52 comfortably, but I like 54's better. I only said "in theory" because of the way Reebok lists them on their size charts, but that's not the case at all. I always laugh when I see a size chart for a jersey.

It's kind of the same thing with baseball jerseys. Majestic sizes their 48's as "XL", but to me that's just not right. A 48 to me is more like a large, with an XL replica being closer to a 50. I just started buying baseball jerseys in 48 because I'm between sizes, so I can wear 48 or 52 comfortably but 52's are long on me.

This helps a lot! Since, you and I are a similar build and both wear M in Premier and 50 in Edge 1.0, would you say a 46 is the best fit in the 6100? Also, do the CCM authentics from the early-mid 90s fit the same as the later 6100s?