It is good or not?

lafountain

Authentic Rangers Liberty jerseys were made by Starter, Pro Player, and KOHO, depending on the year. Replicas were made by Starter, Pro Player, and CCM.

Reebok also made authentics in the last 2 seasons of the Liberty jerseys. Koho made replicas as well.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I just purchase a Oilers Nike Jersey for $250 here is the listing

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120850647579&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:CA:1123#ht_500wt_1159

Did I jump the gun and ripped myself off?

http://www.ebay.ca/i...3#ht_500wt_1159

I saw that earlier, i sure hope not for your sake. I mean it is really cool looking. Never seen a fight strap look anything like that though. I do see double elbows however so that must be a good sign.

I saw that earlier, i sure hope not for your sake. I mean it is really cool looking. Never seen a fight strap look anything like that though. I do see double elbows however so that must be a good sign.

I know someone here has a Gretzky Nike jersey I wounder who it is?

Yep that letang is crap. The size is an immediate flag. There is no such thing as a 48 in a real EDGE.

Thanks all I will avoid it:)

That Coffey Nike looks 100% to me. Not an expert at all but nothing jumps out at me. Think it's a real beaut, personally.

That Coffey Nike looks 100% to me. Not an expert at all but nothing jumps out at me. Think it's a real beaut, personally.

Thanks! I did find a Replica Gretzky Nike jersey and everything matched I just want to know now did I pay the right price for it?

Thanks! I did find a Replica Gretzky Nike jersey and everything matched I just want to know now did I pay the right price for it?

I mean if it's legit, I imagine a jersey around that time period going for that, if not more. It also seems to be in good shape. I'm no expert on that era, but I dare say if it's legit, you got a decent deal.

Just wondering if a kings starter jersey 98-99 is supposed to have a fight strap or not?

Just wondering if a kings starter jersey 98-99 is supposed to have a fight strap or not?

I ha e a 97-98 with the Large Starter logo and no word mark and it has a fight strap.

If it's a legit authentic, it should have one (unless of course, it was cut off). If it's a replica, it won't have one.

If it's a legit authentic, it should have one (unless of course, it was cut off). If it's a replica, it won't have one.

Thanks was looking for one because i quite like the design, i managed to find this one does it look legit or should i just give it a miss?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290660464740?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#shId

i know it's only got 1 picture so i apologize for that

Edited by zigzak789

It's legit, but it's a replica so it wouldn't have the fight strap.

This is an authentic (actually it's a gamer):

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=56&lotid=680

Notice the numeric size (54), whereas replicas have letter sizes (S, M, L, XL etc), and the authentic has a Center Ice neck tag, while Starter replicas had only the single blue tag. Starter only made that model Kings jersey for one season, but you can also get later ones made by CCM and Koho.

Thanks for the liberty jerseys info guys. So while the color layering on the collar may be wrong, it's not "fake."

Pretty much. You'll only see Starter jerseys with the collar reversed. Pro Player and CCM got the replicas right. Starter made the on-ice white Liberty, and I've seen both their authentics and replicas with the wrong collar. I don't know why they screwed them up, but they did. I've never seen a fake Liberty, blue or white.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120850647579&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:CA:1123#ht_500wt_1159

That seller makes those jerseys.

He does an excellent job of it, however they are not made by Nike, they are made by him from scratch (hence the lack of a Nike size tag in the neck)

This is what you are missing. This is from my Nike Gretzky

th_IMG_0839.jpg th_IMG_0840.jpg

(Don't mind the hologram on the fight strap)

Fight strap is good, that is how Nike made them.....not like the velcro/snap combo CCM used

Now don't get me wrong, he does excellent work in recreating them, and he tries to be up to spec as possible in the material he uses, however just be aware the jersey he was selling was not manufactured by Nike, and an actual Nike jersey would cost you 2-3 times that (I'm sure our good friend mr. slim can give you insight as well since he has an actual Nike manufactured Coffey jersey)

If you are ok with this, then enjoy it.....I was actually going to buy a Gretzky jersey of the same style until I stumbled upon the one I did end up getting

When you get it and are not sure of something, feel free to let me know and I can take pics of whatever you need from mine.....

So I take it the red-gray-blue sequence is correct, going from player's neck out?

And thanks for the info Dropkick. Not quite sure how the multiquote function works. :blush:

ProPlayer (top) is correct, Starter (bottom) is incorrect. Starter, although they made the gamers, had a history of inaccuracies on some of their replica jerseys. But the materials and build quality was very good.

That seller makes those jerseys.

He does an excellent job of it, however they are not made by Nike, they are made by him from scratch (hence the lack of a Nike size tag in the neck)

This is what you are missing. This is from my Nike Gretzky

th_IMG_0839.jpg th_IMG_0840.jpg

(Don't mind the hologram on the fight strap)

Fight strap is good, that is how Nike made them.....not like the velcro/snap combo CCM used

Now don't get me wrong, he does excellent work in recreating them, and he tries to be up to spec as possible in the material he uses, however just be aware the jersey he was selling was not manufactured by Nike, and an actual Nike jersey would cost you 2-3 times that (I'm sure our good friend mr. slim can give you insight as well since he has an actual Nike manufactured Coffey jersey)

If you are ok with this, then enjoy it.....I was actually going to buy a Gretzky jersey of the same style until I stumbled upon the one I did end up getting

When you get it and are not sure of something, feel free to let me know and I can take pics of whatever you need from mine.....

Thanks for the reply and all the great information. I did notice that he did not have a Nike tag in the jersey but when I compared it to a real Coffey Nike jersey everything looked the same. I really wanted a Nike Oilers jersey and when I read his discretion I assumed that the jersey was blank and he just added the Coffey and the numbers to it but if the quality is the same as the really thing I think I'll keep it. God knows if I ever come across a Nike oilers jersey ever in my life that would be less then $1000. By the way if you don't mind me asking, how much did you get your Gretzky for?

had issues with a Whalers already (but was able to get rid of it) and want to be sure this isn't another scam.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARTFORD-WHALERS-5-PIERRE-LACROIC-HOCKEY-JERSEY-XXX-/330677809099?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4cfdeeefcb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400268270369?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

Is this legit? It looks exactly like the one in the Icejerseys pics. Seller has a ton of other jerseys that look legit to me.