It is good or not?

lafountain

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400268270369?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

Is this legit? It looks exactly like the one in the Icejerseys pics. Seller has a ton of other jerseys that look legit to me.

Yes definitely legit

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this look good to you guys, i checked NHL uniforms and it has starter as the brand who made the jerseys for that period of time!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boston-Bruins-Ice-Hockey-Jersey-/330679563995?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4cfe09b6db

Edited by zigzak789

Does this look good to you guys, i checked NHL uniforms and it has starter as the brand who made the jerseys for that period of time!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boston-Bruins-Ice-Hockey-Jersey-/330679563995?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4cfe09b6db

Starter was the brand when it first was introduced, but it lasted all the way until the RBK 6100 era if I recall correctly (2005-06) then it was dropped

So having a CCM would make it a 2000-2004 era jersey

Starter was the brand when it first was introduced, but it lasted all the way until the RBK 6100 era if I recall correctly (2005-06) then it was dropped

So having a CCM would make it a 2000-2004 era jersey

Ok cool, thanks for that :)

There's nothing wrong with that Bruins jersey. It's a CCM replica. CCM and Starter both made replicas for the NHL back then. Also, just for the record, when that 3rd was introduced in 1995-96, CCM was still the Bruins' supplier so there are CCM versions of that one out there.

Yup, that's a replica. You don't have to worry about replicas being fake, at least not yet.

I've seen that aswell, was gonna go for it but the numbers looked abit shiny so i was abit hesitant! if it's legit and you don't want it do you mind if i go for it?

I've seen that aswell, was gonna go for it but the numbers looked abit shiny so i was abit hesitant! if it's legit and you don't want it do you mind if i go for it?

All yours!

I've seen that aswell, was gonna go for it but the numbers looked abit shiny so i was abit hesitant!

Those numbers don't look bad to me - shiny isn't always bad, twill has a shine to it especially due flash on a camera. The fakes look shiny and bubbly/puffy.

Not 100% on that jersey from those pics, but nothing jumps out and screams fake. Luckily those 6100s weren't faked on the same level as the RBK Edge jerseys.

It looks good to me. The shield is embroidered as you can see in the front shot and the fight strap looks good too. I see double elbows and the proper KOHO tagging too. That looks like a score. Too bad it's not the year before's jersey.

Has anyone actually ever seen a fake KOHO jersey? I thought they were all real. That jersey definitely looks fine though.

Has anyone actually ever seen a fake KOHO jersey? I thought they were all real. That jersey definitely looks fine though.

Ok, awesome offered him a price now too see if he accepts it, will be my first authentic so will be pretty pleased if i get it :)

EDIT: got the jersey for £40 delivered, pretty happy with that now just have to wait until it arrives :)

Edited by zigzak789

Only problem is . . . the gamers had a screen-printed Fleur de Lis--these are (inaccurately) sewn on.

Puckboy, the jersey in the auction is a vintage reissue made in the early 2000's, when the team was no longer known as the Nordiques. It wasn't intended to be period-accurate in terms of materials- it's airknit and everything is sewn on it. The Nordiques used to have screened fleurs-de-lis, but that was over 20 years ago. There are plenty of gamers from the 90's with sewn on logos.

I bought this Oilers jersey with Wayne Gretzky's name and number (also with Captain's C) a month ago. It's a replica, but what do you think, legit or fake?

9309405.jpg

9309406.jpg

Edited by oiler99

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and just about to get started with jerseys. I've wanted to get jerseys of my favorite players for a while now and have been reading through the forum on how to spot authentic jerseys from the fakes.

Because I live in Europe it is harder to find jerseys, especially because the jerseys I want are from the early/mid 90s. I read a lot of information on how to spot fake EDGE jerseys but didn't find a good guide on how to spot fake 90s CCMs.

I would be happy with a somewhat accurate reproduction of a vintage jersey, doesn't necessarily have to be vintage. If you guys could verify if the following jerseys are accurate/authentic and if not, what are the tells:

Red Wings Yzerman away jersey:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260941368188?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1010wt_1398

Red Wings Yzerman signed home jersey:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300656701231?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3653wt_1165

Blackhawks Belfour home jersey:

e9c83c71b251b0c95e17ed76513dc-orig.jpg

9196089.jpg

9196090.jpg

I'd really appreciate your opinions on these jerseys! Looking to learn and join the jersey collecting hobby!

- Arrin

Edited by Arrin