It is good or not?

lafountain

The white one is legit too. I've bought a few jerseys from this seller, and they sell nothing but good quality legit stuff. (Rather expensive though.) This jersey has been for sale for a long time, and maybe it's just my imagination, but I've always thought the front crest looked tilted to me! Just a word of warning though- the '95-96 Starters were the very first NHL jerseys made by them, and somewhere in this forum (I can't remember where) some members commented on how poor the stitching quality was on the early Starters.

Thanks for letting me know. I've noticed this jersey has been up for awhile too, and was starting to think that it was a fake cause no one's biting.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's mostly the price. Whenever their jerseys don't sell, they slowly lower the price until someone bites. The last one I bought from them started to go down in price about $10 every few months or so before I finally grabbed it.

I think it's mostly the price. Whenever their jerseys don't sell, they slowly lower the price until someone bites. The last one I bought from them started to go down in price about $10 every few months or so before I finally grabbed it.

Yeah, and the size too probably. Btw, I got a picture of the back of that burgundy one and you were right. S-logo with the star and NHL crest, but not in a rectangular box.

You're good to go. Considering it's BNWT and already customized, I suppose it's not a bad price. I got one of these blank for $99 at River City Sports a while ago, so if you add the customization including the team patch I suppose it cost me close to $180, and I don't think I could have gotten a much better deal than that.

You're good to go. Considering it's BNWT and already customized, I suppose it's not a bad price. I got one of these blank for $99 at River City Sports a while ago, so if you add the customization including the team patch I suppose it cost me close to $180, and I don't think I could have gotten a much better deal than that.

Thanks! Is there anyway to know whether its authentic and not a replica without seeing the fight strap?

Thanks! Is there anyway to know whether its authentic and not a replica without seeing the fight strap?

It's authentic. You can see the fight strap sewn in if you look at the picture of the back. Replicas don't have fight straps. The size tag on the collar also says 52, and the vector is a patch. If it were a replica it would have a vector on the sleeve. It's legit.

Kijiji.

Is it real or not?

My gut says fake. Don't have a lot to go on, but the crest looks kinda puffy, plus those older Pens jerseys are very often faked these days. Other details like sizing and or price may be good indicators of its fake potential.

I'm wondering whether it might just be a replica. It looks like there may be a pretty huge (replica-like) tag sewn in the neck, and you can't see any evidence of a fight strap stitched in, but then again the camera angles are such that you can't get a clear view of any details you'd need to see to be more certain.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-52-CCM-ZETTERBERG-JERSEY-GREEN-NEW-DETROIT-RED-WINGS-/290606332853?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item43a97cbbb5

Also if it is good, is it frowned upon to remove Zetterberg and put Datsyuk on the back?

Edit- Never mind :P

Edited by CGY Datsyuk

Is this legit? Is that where the name is supposed to be?

As formy said, this is fake. The name should be in the white area below the shoulder yoke.

2010_usa_callahan_b_sm.jpg

Also to my knowledge there were never any authentic (fight strap/numeric sized) jerseys sold at retail for that style. Just replicas and the replicas didn't match the cut of the on-ice jerseys, the striping was slightly different, and the patch on the chest was different as well.

wasnt this version faked? (the condition is crap on this one. All the numbers and letters look bubbly and the Reebok logo looks embroided to me (unless im going blind)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Penguins-Mario-Lemieux-Authentic-Jersey-Size-48-RBK-/220882708593?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item336da2a871

It looks like crap but it could still be an authentic though, with lousy customization, couldn't it? It has all the correct labels and NHL shield, but it would have to be from 2005-06, not 2007 as Lemieux didn't play after '06.

I know they faked that pre-Edge Pens style - I have a buddy who unfortunately bought one when Crosby was a rookie.