It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a CCM Maska jersey. I have a 1990's Penguins one, and the tag is similar. However, I think we need more pics (although this could be my in-training eye for this kinda thing).

Newbie here! This looks like a good bet to me. I was considering taking advantage of River City's $169.99 sale, but have read too many negative things about them and this jersey looks spot on to me. Thanks in advance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150648433360?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_513wt_1044

Newbie here! This looks like a good bet to me. I was considering taking advantage of River City's $169.99 sale, but have read too many negative things about them and this jersey looks spot on to me. Thanks in advance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150648433360?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_513wt_1044

Welcome. From what I can tell it does look legit, but my concern would be the customization. I know the Pens use Glacier twill (zig-zag pattern on the white layer) and I can't tell from that pic if it is there. Also I know there has been some issues regarding the captains "C" on Pens jerseys and customizers not getting it just right. Hopefully one of our Pens experts can weight in here.

As for the seller they are not known to sell fakes and I think I've bought from them before without incident.

At that price I doubt it's authentic. I've purchased a few things from them and they were all reproductions, but pretty good ones. This SC 100th anny patch looks pretty decent compared to others I've seen.

Welcome. From what I can tell it does look legit, but my concern would be the customization. I know the Pens use Glacier twill (zig-zag pattern on the white layer) and I can't tell from that pic if it is there. Also I know there has been some issues regarding the captains "C" on Pens jerseys and customizers not getting it just right. Hopefully one of our Pens experts can weight in here.

As for the seller they are not known to sell fakes and I think I've bought from them before without incident.

Thanks! Seller claims in description "glacier twill name and numbers". If I email him one more question he will probably spit on the jersey if I do eventually buy it. :D

I have had a hell of a time finding this jersey with correct customization and am hoping this is finally the winner.

Avoid the guy from Laval, Quebec though. I forget his username but his are pretty bad.

You're probably referring to "thedealer," who I believe has recently changed the username to "thedealer77.". I only bought one patch from them but it was pretty good. Also I think the seller might be a "she.". Or at least that's what the return address indicated.

Yeah thats the guy... err girl. Either way, I thought the stuff I got there was super bad, not even close in proper size let alone materials etc, nothing I would put on a jersey.

Yeah thats the guy... err girl. Either way, I thought the stuff I got there was super bad, not even close in proper size let alone materials etc, nothing I would put on a jersey.

Sorry to hear about that. Yep, buying repros is always a risk, although fortunately patches don't usually cost very much. I'd be a lot more pissed if a jersey turned out to be totally unusable!

Dudes, if you're in the market for a Crosby Pens jersey I can tell you with all confidence that RCS will get it exactly right...at least, they did a great job on mine. Perfect materials and craftsmanship, glacier twill, the correct captain's "C" (which is more than I can say for Vintage Minnesota, who completely biffed the "A" on my 2010 Jordan Staal). It's so common that I imagine they probably do a lot of them and therefore have a lot of practice!

Sorry to hear about that. Yep, buying repros is always a risk, although fortunately patches don't usually cost very much. I'd be a lot more pissed if a jersey turned out to be totally unusable!

Yeah exactly, wasnt really upsetting to me or anything. They had good service and I didnt complain, I knew I was taking a risk on what I was getting.

http://www.customthrowbackjerseys.com/

Has anyone ever ordered from here? They seem to have lots of good, old style jerseys, with correct fonts and everything. Prices aren't low, but they aren't extortionate either.

Has anyone ever ordered from here? They seem to have lots of good, old style jerseys, with correct fonts and everything. Prices aren't low, but they aren't extortionate either.

The few I looked at didn't appear to match up well at all. Kind of odd that they would post a picture of an authentic when the differences are glaring.

I looked at 70s NYR...color off, stripes not right thickness

Cleveland Crusaders...patch way too small, stripes not right thickness

Seems like they went and found a company that had close approximations to the design in their stock catalog and just went from there.

I only bought one jersey from them so I can't say everything they sell is bad, but what I received was the most disappointing jersey that I've ever ordered- in short, complete crap. The jersey looks fake, and the crest is completely inaccurate and way too small. It's my impression they're starting with blank crestless jerseys that resemble the ones they're trying to copy, and then slapping a crest patch on top. This might explain why they have every available size of every jersey they sell, even models that CCM no longer makes in their vintage series. On the customization, the twill looked cheap, the colors were slightly off, letters way too small. Even the stitching was mediocre- adjacent stitch points were nearly 3mm apart.

Of the nearly 50 jerseys that I own, this is one of 3 that I will never wear. One of the other two is a fake, and the other was customized by NHL.com. Enough said.

Hi guys. I just stumbled across this Detroit Vipers blank on Ebay and I wanted to see your thoughts on it.

If it's authentic, I just might have to figure out a way to put together a Kevin Weekes jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200656501542?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I'm also thinking about grabbing this Beezer jersey for my little bro's Christmas present if it's real.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-90s-Starter-John-Vanbiesbrouck-Florida-Panthers-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-Mens-Large-/120786528436?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c1f7028b4

Thanks for the help!

did i miss out on a good one?

2003 AS Whitney

Looks that way... :(

Somebody asked to see more pictures of the jersey I was interested in buying, so here goes:

DSCN2410.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

DSCN2412.jpg

Somebody asked to see more pictures of the jersey I was interested in buying, so here goes:

Looks like a legit replica to me. These jerseys (Maska 1990's replicas) tended to be rather cheaply constructed though, and made of a thin material that snagged really easily. Snags don't tend to show up well in photos, so I would ask about that.

Looks like a legit replica to me. These jerseys (Maska 1990's replicas) tended to be rather cheaply constructed though, and made of a thin material that snagged really easily. Snags don't tend to show up well in photos, so I would ask about that.

thanks for the info. Doesn't matter now though; I didn't even end up winning the auction :( . It's all right though, I just found a cool Pro Player Flyers jersey anyways, so i may end up bidding on that (and hopefully win this time).

It's all right though, I just found a cool Pro Player Flyers jersey anyways, so i may end up bidding on that (and hopefully win this time).

The ProPlayer will undoubtedly be a much better quality replica than the CCM. Good luck on the auction!