It is good or not?

lafountain

So probably something of a steal at that price, shame that an LA jersey isn't really on my list of priorities... Thanks, anyone know anything about the Isles one?

One thing to note with the Isles is how long the jersey is and how short the arms are.

2864410360105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

I have a similar LaFontaine, and like his Sutter, the jersey is smaller across the chest, and quite long (notice the distance from the rear numbers to the bottom of the hem) -

2053673960105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

I'm 6'2", 215lbs, and when I put on my LaFontaine the shoulders/chest/waist are all relatively snug, the shirt length is long (well below my waist), and the arms are too short (about 1 to 2" short of my cuff). Notice how on my jersey, the arm length goes a few inches past the rear numbers (just about to the bottom of where the fight strap attaches), but his stops much shorter than mine, and mine are already short as it is.

While most jerseys from the era were smaller and somewhat disproportionate, I would suspect that Sutter would fit like a dress with very short arms. Any potential buyer should message him for exact measurements before diving in.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that, I have a few soccer shirts from the 80s and they fit the same way, long but skinny, somehow I thought it would be different for hockey sweaters, though. :unsure: Although having said that, the equipment they wore in those days was positively miniscule compared to the medieval armor they take the ice in these days, so I guess it makes sense.

I've decided not to go for either jersey in the end though as they're not really high on my list of priorities and I have a distinct lack of $$$. <_<

Edit: Quick question though, totally unrelated to the Sutter jersey. I thought the Centre Ice program where companies paid the NHL a whack of dough to be an official supplier only started in 1996 or 1997? Would a jersey from 1992 or 1993 have the Centre Ice tag in the neck? Not a gamer, but a retail authentic.

Don't ask for more pictures its a fake stay far away!!!

Lines at the bottom should be screened not sewn

Don't ask for more pictures its a fake stay far away!!!

Lines at the bottom should be screened not sewn

Thank you for letting me know. I've been looking for those jerseys for a long time. Well I hope I can find one.

Thank you for letting me know. I've been looking for those jerseys for a long time. Well I hope I can find one.

Yeah it's fake, I agree. Keep your eyes open, you'll come across one eventually. Maybe when you least expect it! :stickhndl:

what happened to that Bure you posted..you said you were gonna get it?

Was, but would have been too much plus fixing. The final price was 1 cent over the BIN price. I tried my best :(

Ah man, keep looking...it'll work out

Was, but would have been too much plus fixing. The final price was 1 cent over the BIN price. I tried my best :(

I think there are multiple ways you can land your Canucks jersey. Though my recommendation is to pounce on one as soon as you see it and deem it is legit. If I were you I'd even be willing to pay top dollar. Even if you end up shelling out more than you think it's worth, at least you'd have the jersey. You could cross it off your list and let out a sigh of relief. :) I've been in this situation before and I may have overpaid for a couple jerseys I own, but to me it is worth owning them because they were high on my list. I hope this advice helps! And good luck with your continuing search. :thumbsup:

I think there are multiple ways you can land your Canucks jersey. Though my recommendation is to pounce on one as soon as you see it and deem it is legit. If I were you I'd even be willing to pay top dollar. Even if you end up shelling out more than you think it's worth, at least you'd have the jersey. You could cross it off your list and let out a sigh of relief. :) I've been in this situation before and I may have overpaid for a couple jerseys I own, but to me it is worth owning them because they were high on my list. I hope this advice helps! And good luck with your continuing search. :thumbsup:

I shall try my friend.

Edit: I think everytime I post about that style of Canucks jersey, a new one pops up. Is this too much for a blank?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/330613849981?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

One thing to note with the Isles is how long the jersey is and how short the arms are.

2864410360105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

I have a similar LaFontaine, and like his Sutter, the jersey is smaller across the chest, and quite long (notice the distance from the rear numbers to the bottom of the hem) -

2053673960105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

I'm 6'2", 215lbs, and when I put on my LaFontaine the shoulders/chest/waist are all relatively snug, the shirt length is long (well below my waist), and the arms are too short (about 1 to 2" short of my cuff). Notice how on my jersey, the arm length goes a few inches past the rear numbers (just about to the bottom of where the fight strap attaches), but his stops much shorter than mine, and mine are already short as it is.

While most jerseys from the era were smaller and somewhat disproportionate, I would suspect that Sutter would fit like a dress with very short arms. Any potential buyer should message him for exact measurements before diving in.

Just noticed this interesting discussion and just wanted to chime in on the Sutter vs. the Lafontaine. I think the Sutter arms might appear a bit shorter because of how they are folded. They are at an angle and the distance between the neck and the start of the fold at the top is longer. If they were folded like the Lafontaine (vertically and beginning of fold closer to neck) then maybe the arm lengths would be more similar....

Just an observation. I know nothing about these jerseys...so I could be seeing something that's not there.

Some of us don't have jobs :thumbsup:

That's not me, but hey I am a poor college student on the rise!

I will say though in the end rent + food >>>>>> Jerseys Always keep that in the back of your mind is how I deal with jerseys since money isn't flowing this way in a floodgate. its more of a trickle.

I shall try my friend.

Edit: I think everytime I post about that style of Canucks jersey, a new one pops up. Is this too much for a blank?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/330613849981?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Keep your eye on it until the auction ends. Then, if it's within your range, pull the trigger. :thumbsup: I know you want that style pretty badly, so I'd go for it. Depending on the jersey, I might pay $200 for a blank, say for example, the early 90s Penguins jerseys. But I would not go over $125 for a 6100, Koho, or CCM blank. For me it just depends on the style.

Keep your eye on it until the auction ends. Then, if it's within your range, pull the trigger. :thumbsup: I know you want that style pretty badly, so I'd go for it. Depending on the jersey, I might pay $200 for a blank, say for example, the early 90s Penguins jerseys. But I would not go over $125 for a 6100, Koho, or CCM blank. For me it just depends on the style.

or you could spend 6668 dollars for a burger king rick tocchet REPLICA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOS-ANGELES-KINGS-RICK-TOCCHET-BURGER-KING-JERSEY-LARGE-/120771149341?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c1e857e1d#ht_500wt_930

oNLY THING IS HE NEVER PLAYED IN THAT SHIRT HE GOT TRADED IN JANUARY THEY ONLY PLAYED THE FIRST GAME IN THOSE SHIRTS IN MARCH......DISASTER PURCHASE

or you could spend 6668 dollars for a burger king rick tocchet REPLICA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOS-ANGELES-KINGS-RICK-TOCCHET-BURGER-KING-JERSEY-LARGE-/120771149341?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c1e857e1d#ht_500wt_930

oNLY THING IS HE NEVER PLAYED IN THAT SHIRT HE GOT TRADED IN JANUARY THEY ONLY PLAYED THE FIRST GAME IN THOSE SHIRTS IN MARCH......DISASTER PURCHASE

Lololol. Wow, that's crazy for a completely inaccurate jersey. If it were a Gretzky I could understand, since they routinely go for crazy amounts.

I'll see how it goes. :thumbsup:

Lololol. Wow, that's crazy for a completely inaccurate jersey. If it were a Gretzky I could understand, since they routinely go for crazy amounts.

Not mine......I was struggling to sell it at a BIN of $450. I ended up selling it for $400 luckily....