It is good or not?

lafountain

Maybe the jackets were worn in practice or something like that. The seller does have some great jerseys though, I picked up a Blackhawks tbtc ultrafil barberpole from him. On the way to EPS to be made into a Larmer.

I've seen coaches (Scotty Bowman and Pat Quinn spring to mind) wear them during practice, but never players, to his credit though the seller does admit that he's no expert. Come to think of it, I can't remember ever seeing a player wearing a team jacket at or away from the arena. I sent him an email asking if I could get a deal for the Nords jersey and at $300 the extremely overpriced but still awesome Caps jacket. And YAY, I can post without mod approval now!

Here's another jersey I'm interested in though from the same seller I posted listings above from who is selling what I'm assuming are period replicas, this is a Whalers jersey made by Winnwell:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1970s-HARTFORD-WHALERS-WINNWELL-HOCKEY-JERSEY-L-/260837955463?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item3cbb275787#ht_500wt_1128

Can anyone shed some light on these jerseys? :unsure: I know they're not on-ice authentic but they still look very nice, they actually look higher quality than the screen-printed jerseys a lot of teams wore on the ice at the time to me.

Edited by coure_azzurro

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea what's up wit this? Practice jersey, or just false advertising?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1994-HAMILTON-CANUCKS-SP-AHL-JERSEY-X-LARGE-/250872843605?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item3a692fcd55#ht_500wt_1180

On that note, does anybody know where all the Hamilton Canucks gamers have gone? It's a mystery...

Like anything, you just need to do your research, but I do not believe the jackets were ever worn in any "game" situation. The seller will be listing more jerseys (mostly AHL) later on, and I have given him some information about them to help in their listings.

I ended up picking up one of his jerseys that contrary to his information was game-worn. Nothing spectacular but a reasonable pickup.

Emailed the seller, who told me that while they were obviously not game-worn, apparently these were jackets that were worn by the players to and from the arena. Game-worn doesn't really add any value to a jersey for me personally, to be honest, unless it's a jersey of particular note, like the game Gretzky got his 1851st point or something like that, and most of those probably belong in the HHOF in my opinion. They're still beautiful jackets though and I ended up buying a Capitals one and a Flyers one anyway, my bank account hates me now. :unsure:

Is this legit?

$(KGrHqEOKisE5,Vu2LvNBO(FuVB-eQ~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqUOKm4E5BdJF4qtBO(FuYYFTg~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqEOKisE5,Vu2LvNBO(FufSTSw~~60_12.JPG

If my memory serves me correctly, it should have that '2 Pts' or whatever patch on the left shoulder as well. Other than that though I can't see anything wrong with it at least going by those pictures, nice jersey, customization looks good.

Edit: you can compare it with this video. On second thought, the Cup patch in the video is much lower on the jersey.

Edited by coure_azzurro

And to think about it, the number font I believe is wrong too. With this, my search continues. :(

I think your best bet is to find a blank. But I know that could be a challenge. Though they pop up every once in a while on ebay. So keep scratching because one will come up.

Whats the story with this Canada jersey?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300595392069?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I've never seen that style before today.

Ooooooh nice. That's a Canadian National Team jersey from around 1994 or 1995. That was the team that would compete for the Olympic Games and World Championships before professionals played on those IIHF teams.

http://www.hockeydb.com/stte/canadian-national-team-5128.html

They would play entire seasons against other national teams from all over the world. There were usually a couple NHL'ers that ended up on the team too; whether it be due to contract troubles or post-pro careers. That's a really nice jersey and fairly rare to boot. You would have some cool player choices on it as well.

EDIT: Here's an earlier version of the National Team jersey:

DSC03975-vi.jpg

DSC03979-vi.jpg

<---- I was :)

Nah, that's good. Later into the 1990's, CCM started to put the flag tag down there on some teams. I know the Islanders Fisherman jerseys had it down there too. That jersey is absolutely legit. His measurements seem a little off though. A size 48 wouldn't be 28" across the chest.

Jeez, could they possibly have misaligned the numbers and letters any more than that?

That jersey has been posted here several times. I still laugh at the seller every time I see it.