It is good or not?

lafountain

Does anyone heard of this shop already ?

--> http://www.officialredwingsstore.com/

They are the Detroit "Red Wings" not the Detroit "Redwings" as is listed all over that site. The lack of contact information, the poor grammar (Engrish), and the "too good to be true" prices, all point to the fact that it is a knockoff site.

There are good shops out there like IceJerseys, CoolHockey, or SportsK.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamer on Meigray right now. I'm not so sure about the plate on the jersey in the auction. Is it air knit or twill? Tough to tell on my computer screen.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4760523&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4527&scId=4527

Seems like the back numbers on Roy jerseys, unless they're gamers or lettered by Denver Athletic, are always just a little too close together too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Anze-Kopitar-Los-Angeles-Kings-Game-Used-Worn-Jersey-/270797828876?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0ccef30c

I've been following this auction for a "Game-used" Kings Kopitar jersey, but 2 things stand out. (I doubt this jersey was actually used in a game; it was probably only used for a promotional event which was listed in the item description)

1) There's a MeiGray tag on it, but the Kings don't participate in the MeiGray program. Has MeiGray actually tagged jerseys (even special event-only jerseys) for teams not participating in its Game-worn program? The tag # starts with an "H," which is what I would expect for a 2010-11 jersey, although I don't think the 2010-11 population report is out yet.

2) The customization is off- the top and second layers of the numbers are way too small, and the alternate captain's "A" should be italicized, with rounded corners, not sharp ones like on this jersey.

The jersey looks like a legit 2.0, but what's the story with the MeiGray tag, and why is the customization so different from other team-issued jerseys? Any comments?

I've been watching that too. The "A" is definitely not right. And I had the same thoughts about Meigray tagging on a team jersey that isn't in the program anymore.

I suppose it's possible it was tagged by Meigray because it's a media tour jersey but it is almost certainly not a Kings issued jersey. Maybe customized by an outside source just for the media appearance?

I know I'm not touching it.

Too many questions.

P.S. Just reread the LOA that comes with it. It's signed by the NHLPA and NHL Community Progamming directors. Not signed by the Kings as an official Kings jersey.

It's a media tour jersey. Not an official Kings jersey. So it's probably legitimately worn by Kopitar and handed over as an auction item verified thru Meigray.

It's just not an officially issued Kings customized jersey.

Still not touching it for that money.

I've been watching that too. The "A" is definitely not right.

And I had the same thoughts about Meigray tagging on a team jersey that isn't in the program anymore.

I suppose it's possible it was tagged by Meigray because it's a media tour jersey but it is almost certainly not a Kings issued jersey.

Maybe customized by an outside source just for the media appearance?

I know I'm not touching it.

Too many questions.

Not the Kopitar, but the auction for the Phaneuf like it.

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=135183311&prmenbr=12717464&aunbr=135530021

I don't believe these were ever GAME-worn, but were worn by the player as they visited various media?

Maybe customized by an outside source just for the media appearance?

I just noticed that the seller purchased the jersey from NHL.com- it wouldn't surprise me if it was they who screwed up did the customization.

Not the Kopitar, but the auction for the Phaneuf like it.

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=135183311&prmenbr=12717464&aunbr=135530021

I don't believe these were ever GAME-worn, but were worn by the player as they visited various media?

Wow, a Leafs jersey with the same kind of tagging. The MeiGray #'s are very close to each other, can't be a coincidence. It's looking more and more like they're legit. Still don't know why the Kings didn't get the Kopitar customized like the rest of their jerseys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Anze-Kopitar-Los-Angeles-Kings-Game-Used-Worn-Jersey-/270797828876?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0ccef30c

The jersey looks like a legit 2.0, but what's the story with the MeiGray tag, and why is the customization so different from other team-issued jerseys? Any comments?

I was wondering if anyone was going to ask about this one.

I took one look at it, especially since I just picked up a Kopitar gamer, and said NO!

The size is wrong, although that could be explained by this was never worn on the ice.

Everything, I mean everything about the customization is wrong.

There is no way this jersey was customized by the Kings.

I wouldn't touch it.

The National Hockey League-MeiGray Group Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program is proud to offer fans and collectors across the globe the opportunity to own a piece of history … the actual jersey worn by #3, Dion Phaneuf of the Toronto Maple Leafs during the National Hockey League Player Media Tour in New York City September 14 and 15, 2010.

Remember when EPS did the skills competition and the jerseys looked a little different than what they normally look like especially the Flyers? This has been determined to be a MEDIA TOUR jersey, not one worn on the ice. Hell the description on the eBay auction even says that. Just because something isn't what YOU have seen before doesn't mean its automatically a fake. Don't dismiss it immediately, ask questions. Do your homework, don't judge without knowing.

It's actually clearly NOT a fake. It's just a poorly customized jersey that was actually worn by Kopitar during the media tour.

It's no different than any number of badly done jerseys that get made up, get signed by players, and put on NHLAuctions.

The only difference, I suppose, is this one was really worn by the player in question instead of just signed by him.

A poorly customized jersey is still JUST a poorly customized jersey regardless of who makes it up. In this case the NHL should be ashamed of itself for not presenting a better quality product.

Remember when EPS did the skills competition and the jerseys looked a little different than what they normally look like especially the Flyers? This has been determined to be a MEDIA TOUR jersey, not one worn on the ice. Hell the description on the eBay auction even says that. Just because something isn't what YOU have seen before doesn't mean its automatically a fake. Don't dismiss it immediately, ask questions. Do your homework, don't judge without knowing.

Just to clarify my post, never said it was a fake, just that I wouldn't touch it.

Looking at the customization is all the homework I need to do.

I don't care if this jersey was worn by Bobby Orr, it is still a poorly customized jersey going for game worn prices just because it has an autograph.

Edit: I also find the auction a little misleading. Although the COA clearly states what the jersey may be, the auction uses terms like "game used" , "game worn" and the kicker for me....."light use"

I don't care if this jersey was worn by Bobby Orr, it is still a poorly customized jersey going for game worn prices just because it has an autograph.

Agreed. If the NHL wants to protect their rights and stop the fake jersey market they need to stop screwing over their own fan base.

Here's a prime example of other terrible Kopi jerseys from the NHL's own website.

This gem is a replica with a $220 starting bid. Wrong customization with a freakin' nameplate of all things.

NHL Auction Kopitar

Buy right off the NHL website. $500 for a signed repica with wrong customization.

Black Signed Kopitar

Just sad to see the NHL supporting this.

Very true, even veterans in the hobby come across something they have yet to see......

This has been determined to be a MEDIA TOUR jersey, not one worn on the ice. Hell the description on the eBay auction even says that. Just because something isn't what YOU have seen before doesn't mean its automatically a fake. Don't dismiss it immediately, ask questions. Do your homework, don't judge without knowing.

I did acknowledge in my first post that the jersey was probably event-worn, not game-worn. I was simply asking if anyone here had had experience with MeiGray game-worn tags on non game-worn jerseys for teams that weren't MeiGray clients; I'd never seen that before. As for the customization differences, I was pointing them out, hoping someone might know who did the customization, which might explain the differences. I did not automatically dismiss the jersey as fake because of the tag and the customization differences. As for the suggestion that I ask questions and do my homework, I felt I was doing exactly that. Is that not one of the reasons this board exists, to ask what one doesn't know of those who might know?

As for the poster who suggested e-mailing MGG, of course one could do that, but even had I done so, their reply would have told me nothing about how some other collectors feel about pieces like this, and so I thank those of you, especially the Kings fans, who replied with their opinions, which I appreciate very much.

If I annoyed or offended anyone here, I'm sorry about that. I'm just someone who's trying to learn as much as possible by asking questions of those who are far more experienced at this than I. Peace, everyone.

I'm bidding on this Minnesota Wild jersey, but since there are numerous fakes of this jersey, I'm having second thoughts about this one..

http://cgi.ebay.de/Eishockey-Trikot-Minnesota-Wild-NHL-3rd-/170682616182?pt=Sport_Alle_Sportbekleidung&hash=item27bd7a0976

I'm bidding on this Minnesota Wild jersey, but since there are numerous fakes of this jersey, I'm having second thoughts about this one..

http://cgi.ebay.de/Eishockey-Trikot-Minnesota-Wild-NHL-3rd-/170682616182?pt=Sport_Alle_Sportbekleidung&hash=item27bd7a0976

Yep, that one is a fake

werd, the collar was a dead give away. Red and Green Wild sweaters should have the ruffle design and not the smooth design like that (unless a kids sweater)

Yeah, I'm kinda new with collecting Wild-jerseys and couldn't find a good picture (not a stock picture) of an actual Wild Alt Edge jersey to compare