It is good or not?

lafountain

Is this authentic and if so is the customization and 40th patch correct.

Thanks.

frontnnv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

backjz.jpg

patchj.jpg

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this authentic and if so is the customization and 40th patch correct.

I read this interesting article a while back on the 40th anniversary jerseys, and it seems to say that there are no retail authentics with this patch, only gamers (and those are 2.0s).

http://prostocknation.wordpress.com/2011/01/12/fight-the-fake-canucks-40th-anniversary-jerseys/

What do you guys think?

It could have been a retail blank that was properly customized with everything. That jersey is absolutely 100% legit though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170669247513&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1202

I know the customization is off, but is the jersey authentic? I can't tell...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170669247513&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1202

I know the customization is off, but is the jersey authentic? I can't tell...

I think I can see a fight strap...might need more pictures

Yea that's what I'm saying, it's SOOO close, but not close enough. Wish I could see what was next to the CCM logo. I don't see double elbows, but it could be the angle. I e-mailed the seller earlier today asking and he didn't get back to me. I'm torn.

I assume I could always win it, and if it's not authentic complain that the title is misleading and return it. Hmm.

For the price, go for it! And if you wanna pull an all nighter to snipe it, lmk...I'll probably be on here available to chat at that hour :thumbsup:

Gah, alright, I'm going for it. I'm just going to ask the guy to send me pictures before he ships it to save him the trouble.

I read this interesting article a while back on the 40th anniversary jerseys, and it seems to say that there are no retail authentics with this patch, only gamers (and those are 2.0s).

http://prostocknation.wordpress.com/2011/01/12/fight-the-fake-canucks-40th-anniversary-jerseys/

What do you guys think?

I don't think that is true. I'm pretty sure that the 40th anniversary jerseys at the Canucks team store have the patch.

I don't think that is true. I'm pretty sure that the 40th anniversary jerseys at the Canucks team store have the patch.

I think the author was saying that the team store does sell jerseys with the patch, but they are replicas only. Any authentic that comes with the patch must be team-issued (2.0) and not available for sale. But as Mike said earlier, there's nothing to stop someone from buying a retail authentic (1.0) and getting it customized with the patch (if you could find one), and that's probably where the jersey in Sedinsedinburrows' post came from. Did you mean to say that the 40th anniversary jerseys at the team store were actually *authentics* with patches? Now that would be interesting...

Two things about the 40th Anni jersey.

1. That jersey is a legitimate 1.0 EDGE. However, the numbering is too low, and the patch is a fake. Places customize them as if they are just missing nameplates. This is not how it's supposed to work, the numbers are supposed to be placed higher in lieu of a nameplate.

Here is mine, done by our team customizer; Central Crests.

40th2.jpg

2. That blog is run by my friend and I and what LAK74 said is right. Only 2.0's had the patch ASIDE from the retail premieres.

That jersey is a legitimate 1.0 EDGE. However, the numbering is too low, and the patch is a fake.

Well, that really clears everything up. The jersey looked like an authentic 1.0 to me, but I figured the patch might be fake, since supposedly the legit patches were never sold separately by anyone, even by the team store. Thanks for the info!

Two things about the 40th Anni jersey.

1. That jersey is a legitimate 1.0 EDGE. However, the numbering is too low, and the patch is a fake. Places customize them as if they are just missing nameplates. This is not how it's supposed to work, the numbers are supposed to be placed higher in lieu of a nameplate.

Here is mine, done by our team customizer; Central Crests.

40th2.jpg

2. That blog is run by my friend and I and what LAK74 said is right. Only 2.0's had the patch ASIDE from the retail premieres.

Thanks very much for the heads up on the patch and customization, I think I will pass on this one.

Does anyone know if they are planning on making more retail authentics in future or whether it was a single season thing.

Oofah, good call on the number positioning. They're way too low. It almost looks like they put them there in anticipation of including a name too. That alternate A is correct though, right? I seem to remember it being a funky looking block font.

Thanks very much for the heads up on the patch and customization, I think I will pass on this one.

Does anyone know if they are planning on making more retail authentics in future or whether it was a single season thing.

Nope... 40th was a one year deal. The 40th Authentics with patch would've been $359.99 and the Canucks assumed nobody was going to spend that much on a jersey, hence, they never brought them in.