It is good or not?

lafountain

I have seen gamers as early as 2002 with the cutting edge sports tagging.

Not sure about the fight strap signing, but the tagging should be there, preseason or otherwise.

It is probably a retail authentic with manufactured wear and probably took a marker to the size tag......but I'm no expert.....

Nor am I. I looked around for a bit and it looks like signing the fight strap was a Heinze thing, although finding definitive proof of it was somewhat unsuccessful.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out this one being passed off as a Game-Worn Malkin from the Winter Classic. Too bad the serial number matches to a GI Alan Nasreddine

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-clothing-mens-2008-WINTER-CLASSIC-AUTHENTIC-ON-ICE-GAME-WORN-MALKIN-JERSEY-W0QQAdIdZ303757070#

All the knockoffs with fake MeiGray tags use the Nasreddine number, not just Pens WC jerseys. The earliest ones actually said "MeiGray Groop".

I hope you guys can help me out here: I've bought a Pens Melichar gameworn jersey a few months ago and I want to check if it's actually gameworn. It has some gameworn features, like puck and stick marks and the player's number in the label. There's also a label with a date on the washing label, don't know why..The jersey didn't come with a COA or a Meigray-type label in the jersey.

I bought a Marc Bergevin preseason gamer on eBay a few years ago marked just like yours.

MarcBergevinCCMGI.jpg

MarcBergevinCCMGIback.jpg

No hem tag either. I bet that's what yours is too. I don't think the teams work very hard to make sure their preseason jerseys are well documented, but it's obvious by the tagging, markings, and the customization that it was made for NHL use.

Don't know if that helps. Just wanted to chime in tough.

Enlisting the help of the hockey jersey gods for this one....

My Link

I'm a little late with the reply on this one, but it's never too late for some knowledge. The number font is really off (big fat numbers) and Matt (akteon) is right, the nameplate should be airknit. That nameplate is twill. My jersey is also a size 56. You can see how the fat numbers, as well as the fat alternate A, make the jersey in the auction look way smaller.

Compare to the one in my collection and you'll see the jersey in the auction has some pretty big issues.

RayBourque2000-2001KohoStanleyCu-1.jpg

RayBourque2000-2001KohoStanleyCu-2.jpg

I bought a Marc Bergevin preseason gamer on eBay a few years ago marked just like yours.

MarcBergevinCCMGI.jpg

No hem tag either. I bet that's what yours is too. I don't think the teams work very hard to make sure their preseason jerseys are well documented, but it's obvious by the tagging, markings, and the customization that it was made for NHL use.

You learn something new every day!

Well I mentioned the hem tagging since they do tag the rookie camp/preseason ones now....so I thought it was consistent.....but it seems to not be consistent.......

MarcBergevinCCMGI.jpg

Hey man, thnx a lot! That was just the answer that I was looking/hoping for :thumbsup:

And thnx to everyone for helping me out here!

Because I've been burned once too many times on Ebay, I would like the options of the experts here if this is a real replica London Knights jersey:

http://cgi.ebay.com/COREY-PERRY-LONDON-KNIGHTS-JERSEY-ANAHEIM-LARGE-/260792059890?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cb86b07f2

The seller is selling a lot of these with different players on them which raises a lot of red flags that they could be knockoff jerseys. Lots of today's popular players were on the London Knights, so I can see this as a popular jersey to knockoff. Then again, he could have bought a lot of old stock replica jerseys knowing the players on those teams were going to be stars. Any thoughts if this Perry jersey is a knock off?

Because I've been burned once too many times on Ebay, I would like the options of the experts here if this is a real replica London Knights jersey:

http://cgi.ebay.com/COREY-PERRY-LONDON-KNIGHTS-JERSEY-ANAHEIM-LARGE-/260792059890?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cb86b07f2

The seller is selling a lot of these with different players on them which raises a lot of red flags that they could be knockoff jerseys. Lots of today's popular players were on the London Knights, so I can see this as a popular jersey to knockoff. Then again, he could have bought a lot of old stock replica jerseys knowing the players on those teams were going to be stars. Any thoughts if this Perry jersey is a knock off?

It's a legit replica. Locker Room Sports seems to buy up a lot of blanks from teams then customize them themselves and charge a good sized premium.

It's a legit replica but I don't think these are customized with twill nameplates like the Knights do. The few fakes out there look horrible even for fakes standards.

It's a legit replica. Locker Room Sports seems to buy up a lot of blanks from teams then customize them themselves and charge a good sized premium.

That's for sure. I bought a replica from them less than a year ago (overpaid for it, but I didn't know any better then), and it was perfectly legit. They seem to make a big splash about how authentic their customization is, but mine had an issue with the hole in one of the numbers being too square and not rectangular, so if you're picky about that sort of thing, check carefully before buying.

I actually just got my Kane Knights jersey from them and the stitching isn't the best, but I can't complain cause I have wanted one forever. Definitely good, but just an FYI the jersey runs huge on the body but short on the sleeves.

Locker Room Sports is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced. He's been trying to sell a jersey for months that I've been watching, and he refuses to budge on the price (it's a replica) while the entire time, gamers of the same jersey are going for significantly less. No thanks. Why buy a blank for $250 when I can get a gamer for $100? Not that I'm gonna buy a gamer any time soon, I'm just sayin.

Locker Room Sports is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced. He's been trying to sell a jersey for months that I've been watching, and he refuses to budge on the price (it's a replica) while the entire time, gamers of the same jersey are going for significantly less. No thanks. Why buy a blank for $250 when I can get a gamer for $100? Not that I'm gonna buy a gamer any time soon, I'm just sayin.

I sent them an email saying that I'm in high school (which I am) and can't afford the price he is listing and asked if they were gonna have a sale anytime soon. A guy named George responded saying that he would take of $45.

Not sure about this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300586619005

Lack of neck tagging makes it seem team issued, but it says size 48 and I didn't think they made team issued in 48's.

Any ideas?

Looks legit, at least judging by the fight strap.

It's possible somebody small wore a 48 in the old 6100's. I'm not sure about that though, somebody with more experience with old gamers might know. I'm only in possession of EDGE gamers.

panthersjersey.jpg

Obviously flipped. I think it's a replica but I want to be sure.

Looks good to me. This guy had a lot of nice stuff for sale, including that Lemieux '92 Cup jersey that just sold. All of his hockey jerseys for sale look perfectly legit.

Legit. You are good to go!

Yup. Never seen a Liberty faked. If it two sizes smaller it'd be mine.

Does anyone heard of this shop already ?

--> http://www.officialredwingsstore.com/

I´d like to buy an authentic Zetterberg home jersey and found this site.

-> http://www.officialredwingsstore.com/wings-jerseys/henrik-zetterberg-jersey/reebok-detroit-red-wings-40-henrik-zetterberg-authentic-red-home-man-nhl-jersey-p-16.html

I believe it´s all fake, looking at the price and even the "A" for assistant captain is missing.

Reading their FAQ point 5 states:

5. All jerseys from our store is Official Authentic or Premier or Replica jerseys, produced by Reebok or Mitchell And Ness.

Could anyone recommend a good online shop ?