It is good or not?

lafountain

Okay, I'm an idiot. It's NOT the same seller but I knew I had seen one though:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item53e7bb4295

I was curious myself...That McCourt's the one we were discussing about with the Canada cup patch that wasn't worn during a Canada Cup.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what to make of that tag. Maybe the jersey was a leftover blank from that '84 tournament? I think that style was used in the pre-tournament games so that would kinda make some sense.

Only three teams in the NHL have used twill nameplates since the start of 1980. The Sabres in the early 80's, the Jets for their entire existence and the Flyers in 2008-09. Everyone else is either material or straight to the back.

I don't know what to make of that tag. Maybe the jersey was a leftover blank from that '84 tournament? I think that style was used in the pre-tournament games so that would kinda make some sense.

Wouldn't surprise me. I think this was probably used in the 84/85 Spengler Cup as McCourt was playing in Switzerland by then.

Oh ya that a pre tournament try out shirt besides i think the blank would look amazing as a Kariya......

That is why I am going after that one....

Only three teams in the NHL have used twill nameplates since the start of 1980. The Jets for their entire existence.

Nope, early jets were satin -

2700872280105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

They only started using twill in '87-88, and I believe they used air-knit by the end of '90.

By '90-91 they were matching ultrafil for the new jersey design.

Is it just me or does that look like a Nike fight strap inside of a CCM/KOHO/RBK 6100 Wings jersey?? That's the strangest thing I've ever seen.

I asked for more pics, but the seller said he doesn't have access to a camera. anyone else have an opinion?

You sir, made my day. :stickhndl:

I agree with Mike. The numbers are good, but it looks like the name font is a little fat. Should be a touch thinner. But I am glad to see you found what you are looking for! Didn't I tell you to keep your eyes on ebay for that Canucks style? :thumbsup:

I agree with Mike. The numbers are good, but it looks like the name font is a little fat. Should be a touch thinner. But I am glad to see you found what you are looking for! Didn't I tell you to keep your eyes on ebay for that Canucks style? :thumbsup:

Yeah, but before you said that, I've been looking for that style at my price range for a very long time. Better find a legit Stanley cup 100th anniversary patch.

Question regarding this jersey:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEALS-Hockey-Pullover-Sweater-Vintage-Neck-Ties-Scarce-/180712166638?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1348d4ee#ht_600wt_600

After searching through pictures of hockey cards and looking through books I have, I cannot find a picture of a Seals jersey that looks at all like that. :unsure: For one thing, all the ones I've seen have an outline around the word Seals on the front, not just one colour, and secondly, the only white Seals jerseys I'm seeing have the stripes above the numbers instead of below. I AM seeing Seals jerseys that look like this, but again, with an outline around the Seals name:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEALS-Hockey-Pullover-Hockey-Sweater-Vintage-Neck-/110731117213?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c816c29d#ht_600wt_1350

Did the Seals ever wear jerseys like that so far as anyone knows? And if not, are they replicas or fakes? :unsure: The seller admits he's not an expert, though I already bought a Nordiques jersey from him, I'm starting to question whether I should have been so quick to having seen these jerseys. Apparently the collector whose collection he's selling has a good reputation and that's what the high prices are based on, but that doesn't mean anything, Google the name Barry Halper and see what comes up...

Edited by coure_azzurro

The actual Seals jerseys were made by Wilson IIRC and don't believe GC Knitting ever made any "authentic" jerseys but just churned out replicas for various teams.

Though that doesn't mean all of his stuff is fake, I picked up a legit game-worn Hawks jersey from the seller. Just need to be smart and do research first.