It is good or not?

lafountain

Also, since you seem to be the guy in the know, what's up with this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Pro-Nike-Tampa-Bay-Lightning-Jersey-54-/320763760898?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aaf029102#ht_500wt_1202

Did the Lightning ever wear Nike?

Thanks Buddy, :thumbsup:

No they haven't. That's actually a prototype jersey. But it's legit. :thumbsup:

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you searched for it?

The only place I know to search info on jerseys is "The Hockey Uniform Database" at nhluniforms.com

Can you suggest any other places?

Thanks.

Wow! Great info!! It would be a nice unique jersey to have. I think I'll make him an offer but I wouldn't know how to customize a jersey that was never worn...

Also, since you seem to be the guy in the know, what's up with this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Pro-Nike-Tampa-Bay-Lightning-Jersey-54-/320763760898?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aaf029102#ht_500wt_1202

Did the Lightning ever wear Nike?

Thanks Buddy, :thumbsup:

As formyhunny said, it is a legit prototype. Someone on this board has one. When Nike made NHL jerseys in the 1990's, they only had 5 teams, Anaheim, Chicago, Philadelphia, Toronto, and San Jose. They were going to expand their lineup, but that never happened. All of the Nike/Bauer NHL (and AHL/IHL jerseys for that matter) were actually made by SP. The first year Nashville jerseys from 98-99 were Bauer labeled.

As for the Pro Player Wild and Blue Jackets, they should never be customized, in my opinion. I believe that they are much more valuable blank. Why ruin a unique piece of history. But if someone wants to do that, it's their choice.

As formyhunny said, it is a legit prototype. Someone on this board has one. When Nike made NHL jerseys in the 1990's, they only had 5 teams, Anaheim, Chicago, Philadelphia, Toronto, and San Jose. They were going to expand their lineup, but that never happened. All of the Nike/Bauer NHL (and AHL/IHL jerseys for that matter) were actually made by SP. The first year Nashville jerseys from 98-99 were Bauer labeled.

As for the Pro Player Wild and Blue Jackets, they should never be customized, in my opinion. I believe that they are much more valuable blank. Why ruin a unique piece of history. But if someone wants to do that, it's their choice.

They also had Detroit.....1997 was an all Nike Stanley Cup final :)

They also had Detroit.....1997 was an all Nike Stanley Cup final :)

Yeah, how did I forget that! Don't get old, it sucks.

Yeah, how did I forget that! Don't get old, it sucks.

Well according to my wife I'm a geezer.....so i guess I'm screwed....and I'm only 4 years older....

The only place I know to search info on jerseys is "The Hockey Uniform Database" at nhluniforms.com

Can you suggest any other places?

Thanks.

1:20 mark

The Devils back then had arm numbers that featured the curved tip of the '1', but the rear number 1 tip was straight cut.

Much like this Gagne gamer -

2958339810105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

On Burke's rookie card we can also see the curved tip on the '1' arm number, but any gamer I've seen from that era features a straight cut rear number -

2439706410105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

Oh, and just to note (repeatedly!!!) nhluniforms.com is an amazing reference, but it has a lot of mistakes, and a lot of omissions...and even when they are right, the NHL saw a lot of anomolies throughout the years, so photomatching and videomatching are always the best way to reference anything :thumbsup:

1:20 mark

The Devils back then had arm numbers that featured the curved tip of the '1', but the rear number 1 tip was straight cut.

Thanks Slim, but did you have to find a video clip against my Hawks?

I call no fair... that was all of 5'5 Darren Pang in net, and I think he wore lifts to get that extra .5

I used to have a few other reference sites for patches, jerseys n stuff saved but when I switched to stupid Google Chrome I didn't know I needed to save any of em.

Oh well, I guess that's what I got you for :thumbsup:

Cheers buddy.

Found a really cool site to identify what patch goes on what year jersey.

http://www.nhlpatches.info/team.htm

I posted a link to that page somewhere like 2 years ago. The owner is a friend of mine from Austria. I not sure if the page will be updated because he stopped collecting patches.

And because of you posting this link makes me think that we need a pinned thread with all kinds of links to websites that can be useful/helpful for us all. And the mods should be the only ones to update.

I not sure if the page will be updated because he stopped collecting patches.

And because of you posting this link makes me think that we need a pinned thread with all kinds of links to websites that can be useful/helpful for us all. And the mods should be the only ones to update.

Actually, he just added a new one thanks to me last week, so I think he's still on top of it (fyi - he's a great guy!) -

1984-85 J. Michael Duffett Memorial (sabres)

Anybody have experience with www.dacardworld.com? My bud wants to get an authentic Caps and I see they have them for $150, I want to make sure I am not leading him into a knockoff.

This one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brian-McReynolds-ca-90-91-New-York-Rangers-Game-Worn-Hockey-Jersey-/280745193580?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415db7b06c

Looks bad to me for several reasons. No NHL logo on the hem, the mix of 3d and non 3d lettering and numbers and the stripes don't seem the right thickness either.

On top of that a 90s gamer for 200 is kinda ridiculous when authentics reach that.

Am I wrong?

Allow me to elaborate on this Rangers jersey. During the early 1990's, the Rangers got very cheap with some of their pre-season jerseys. They even went so far as to take replica CCM jerseys from that era, add fight straps to them and slap some heat-pressed numbers on for some of the lesser-known guys. This is a PERFECT example of that. I've seen other jerseys made up like this for some scrub players. Peter Fiorentino is the one that immediately comes to mind.

fiorentinonyrbkbig.jpg

It's definitely good...AND seeing as how it may have been worn in one of the coolest Rangers games of the 1990's pre-season(ironically enough today being the 20th anniversary of that game), I shall be making an offer on it!

Allow me to elaborate on this Rangers jersey. During the early 1990's, the Rangers got very cheap with some of their pre-season jerseys. They even went so far as to take replica CCM jerseys from that era, add fight straps to them and slap some heat-pressed numbers on for some of the lesser-known guys. This is a PERFECT example of that. I've seen other jerseys made up like this for some scrub players. Peter Fiorentino is the one that immediately comes to mind.

fiorentinonyrbkbig.jpg

It's definitely good...AND seeing as how it may have been worn in one of the coolest Rangers games of the 1990's pre-season(ironically enough today being the 20th anniversary of that game), I shall be making an offer on it!

In case someone asks (I was about to but I searched Google first), Sept 27th 1991 was the first NHL outdoor game outside of Ceasar's Palace in Ls Vegas......be it preseason.....but still very cool!

Give that man a Nat Sherman cigar!

kings_ceasar.jpg

kings_ceasar%20%282%29.jpg

Towards the end of the game, there was a sudden influx of grasshoppers that found their way onto the ice. They froze to the surface almost instantly and the players ended up skating on dead grasshoppers and puddles of semi-frozen ice. The one jersey from this game I really want to have done though is this:

post-70-0-78190000-1317141652_thumb.jpg

Yes, that's Adam Graves wearing number 11 prior to the arrival of Mark Messier.

The one jersey from this game I really want to have done though is this:

Yes, that's Adam Graves wearing number 11 prior to the arrival of Mark Messier.

You and me both. That's definitely on my to-do list.

Towards the end of the game, there was a sudden influx of grasshoppers that found their way onto the ice. They froze to the surface almost instantly and the players ended up skating on dead grasshoppers and puddles of semi-frozen ice.

That's greatl! Growing up (in North Bay), we used to take trips out to Verner (in between North Bay and Sudbury) for games, and the arena was just an old barn that was converted, and even the Zamboni was just an old tractor with an attachment like this guy -

2480975330105778501S200x200Q85.jpg

anyways, being surrounded by farm land, livestock, and barns everywhere, the arena used to get full of house flies, and as they'd fly down closer to the ice, they'd get cold and die, and often by the end of our games we'd be skating on a rink full of snow and house flies.

After hockey games we always used to run around back to see where the tractor had emptied it's attachment 'cause it was just a giant pile of snow full of flies...kinda looked like a big pile of ice cream full of raisins...