It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking for a Minnesota Wild in white for a while now and I came across this,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330616624453?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2661#ht_600wt_952

It's a little more then I wanted to spend and I don't recall them ever wearing Pro Player.

Can anyone help out on this? Is it legit or a legit replica?

Thanks,

That is an absolute legitimate jersey. When Starter was going under, the NHL rebid the contracts, and cut Nike/Bauer out, and gave the contract to Pro Player and CCM starting with the 1999-2000 season. Each company would get the rights to make authentics for 15 teams, and replicas for all 30 teams. The Pro Player teams are as follows:

Anaheim, Boston, Buffalo, Calgary, Chicago, Colorado, Columbus, Edmonton, Florida, Minnesota, Montreal, New Jersey, New York Rangers, Phoenix, and Pittsburgh.

The home and road jerseys for Columbus were introduced in the fall of 1999, about a year before they took the ice. As for the Wild, only the home white was introduced (the green road wasn't unveiled until the summer of 2000 by CCM). Then in January of 2000, Fruit of the Loom, Pro Player's parent company, decided to pull the plug on PP, and that was it for the Pro Player jerseys. CCM bought the exclusive rights for the entire NHL for the 2000-01 season on.

As for the actual jersey, I think the Pro Player jerseys are some of the best ever made. The material is some of the most comfortable in my collection. And their replica jerseys were just as good, even better than some authentics I've seen. If you want a great jersey that is an unique piece of NHL history, than grab it. Eleven years ago that retailed for $200. That, and the unworn-CBJ's, are some of my absolute favorites in my collection.

This is a replica mid 90s CCM jersey where the background of the CCM logo on the hem is in black. Can anyone shed some light on this?

This looks like a Burger King jersey to me. If so, that's what the hem logo looked like on the replicas. The authentics had the white triple box logo with gray letters, same color as the hem stripe.

OK, I found this thread after digging a little bit on what is a legit jersey and what isn't. I don't know much about the CCM Vintage jerseys, so I bought a Hartford Whalers Ron Francis size 50 CCM Vintage jersey. Looked good on first glance, but there was no blue-green trim around the name, and also the twill around the fight strap looked to be pretty flimsy. Is this jersey legit? I will be very heartbroken if it is. I think I also bought a Quebec Nordiques Ron Hextall one that was also fake, but that's another story for another day...today I'll post the stuff on the Francis jersey.

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

OK, I found this thread after digging a little bit on what is a legit jersey and what isn't. I don't know much about the CCM Vintage jerseys, so I bought a Hartford Whalers Ron Francis size 50 CCM Vintage jersey. Looked good on first glance, but there was no blue-green trim around the name, and also the twill around the fight strap looked to be pretty flimsy. Is this jersey legit? I will be very heartbroken if it is. I think I also bought a Quebec Nordiques Ron Hextall one that was also fake, but that's another story for another day...today I'll post the stuff on the Francis jersey.

Sadly that is 100% fake. The fight strap is a dead giveaway. On legit jerseys, the piece of twill that the fight strap is sewn to is much wider then the fight strap itself. You notice on yours that its basically the width as the fight strap.

As well, I would be shocked if you look at the size tag of the jersey and you dont find the numbers "7187A". These numbers are the code for Edge jerseys (the current jerseys worn on the ice) and none else. So if youre looking for the CCM Vintage jerseys and they have "7187A", its fake

Finally, I believe other posters have mentioned that the grey tagging of the CCM Vintage jerseys is found on legit replicas. While a different colour tag is found on legit authentics. Someone here will be able to tell you exactly what colour the tag should be

I got it for around $70 or so. As soon as it came in I had my suspicions with the fight strap. As the typical poor college student, of course I go bargain hunting. I feel like an idiot now. At least this site is great for helping with spotting Edge fakes, so I'll keep me eye open for those.

This looks like a Burger King jersey to me. If so, that's what the hem logo looked like on the replicas. The authentics had the white triple box logo with gray letters, same color as the hem stripe.

It is indeed a BK jersey. Though all the previous BK jerseys I've seen had the silver background like this one, hence my curiosity

I got it for around $70 or so. As soon as it came in I had my suspicions with the fight strap. As the typical poor college student, of course I go bargain hunting. I feel like an idiot now. At least this site is great for helping with spotting Edge fakes, so I'll keep me eye open for those.

Don't feel bad. My first one was a fake Tavares Islander's 3rd. I played pick up hockey in it; it started to fall apart after 6-7 months of playing.

It is indeed a BK jersey. Though all the previous BK jerseys I've seen had the silver background like this one, hence my curiosity

The last few BK replicas I remember seeing had black logos, but the 2nd one you posted here looks absolutely legit, so I stand corrected. There's one that recently sold on eBay with a black logo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-LOS-ANGELES-KINGS-BURGER-KING-THIRD-JERSEY-1995-96-RARE-/230671652777?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35b51a17a9

The twill is also very poor on the jersey. Whenever you see numbers and names made out of that material it is a dead give away. After you wash it once it will be creased everywhere.

Do not feel bad about getting duped. My older brother bought me a red Hawks Keith for my birthday thinking he got me a deal and it was the exact same thing, I have such donated it to charity. I almost bought a counterfit Urlacher Bears jersey yesterday but my pal pointed out the problems before I did. Always throw stuff on this page and you will get the low down.

Regarding your specific jersey, you can get one on the Ice Jerseys site. http://www.icejerseys.com/item_details.php?id=8404

Textbook fake.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item23146a4482

is this jersey authentic or a remake thanks if real I am making a desent offer

It's real, but as noted by Mike in the ebay 2.0 if the nameplate's twill it's wrong (very hard to find a matching ultrafil), and the numbers are wrong, the should be black -

http://www.lelands.com/Auction/AuctionDetail/24186/June-2005/Sports/Hockey-Sweaters/Lot1943~Ron-Hextall-1988-All-Star-Game-Worn-Jersey

The last few BK replicas I remember seeing had black logos, but the 2nd one you posted here looks absolutely legit, so I stand corrected. There's one that recently sold on eBay with a black logo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-LOS-ANGELES-KINGS-BURGER-KING-THIRD-JERSEY-1995-96-RARE-/230671652777?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35b51a17a9

Very cool. I wonder why the difference in colour!

The home and road jerseys for Columbus were introduced in the fall of 1999, about a year before they took the ice. As for the Wild, only the home white was introduced (the green road wasn't unveiled until the summer of 2000 by CCM). Then in January of 2000, Fruit of the Loom, Pro Player's parent company, decided to pull the plug on PP, and that was it for the Pro Player jerseys. CCM bought the exclusive rights for the entire NHL for the 2000-01 season on.

Wow! Great info!! It would be a nice unique jersey to have. I think I'll make him an offer but I wouldn't know how to customize a jersey that was never worn...

Also, since you seem to be the guy in the know, what's up with this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Pro-Nike-Tampa-Bay-Lightning-Jersey-54-/320763760898?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aaf029102#ht_500wt_1202

Did the Lightning ever wear Nike?

Thanks Buddy, :thumbsup: