eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Those PTA members would check if that trip to Antigua was legit. Why not check if the jersey is legit? They have plenty of time since as you said 99.9% of the stuff doesn't need authentication anyways.

It really just boils down to laziness on the part of the people doing the raffles.

They would check in that they would make sure it exists. They aren't going to fly to Antigua with the brochure and compare it to see if its the same.

They wouldn't check if the jersey is legit because they don't care. To people who don't deal with this stuff, a jersey is a shirt. Is it lazy? Maybe. Doesn't make it less true.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, but I did ship it to an address that appears to be no longer the current address of the recipient.

What address does the Transaction Details have? That is the address you are supposed to ship it to, and that does't change.

What address does the Transaction Details have? That is the address you are supposed to ship it to, and that does't change.

Checked the paypal transaction and that says Palo Alto. Just checked the eBay order details and that says Palo Alto. The paypal stayed the same, but I am 100% sure the eBay one changed. I didn't pull the Atherton address out of my Arse lol.

Edited by Devilsguy

What about your email? Does that have the original address? I always ship based on what it says in my email, so if it changes on the website I would never know.

eBay email saying it's sold doesn't show an address.

Paypal I got the next day had the Palo Alto address, but the one I saw that night is for Atherton

So the "Paid - ship now" notification showed you Atherton, but it changed to Palo alto in the PayPal receipt?

Paypal always had Palo Alto, but I don't really check or use that address. Didn't notice Paypal had Palo Alto until today.

I don't get a paid -ship now email, I get a notification on my eBay mobile app. I went in and the address there showed the Atherton address. I don't have an email from eBay showing this. All I get from eBay about it was from Thursday when it sold but before he paid with no shipping information. Now I go to check the eBay address and it is Palo Alto.

Buyer contacted me back and said he thought he changed his address before he paid. He did confirm that the Atherton address is his old location, so I am not just making an address up lol. However he asked me to see if I can re-direct it and unfortunately according to the USPS website this package is not eligible for package intercept. I will see if I can contact the post office there.

Right now the status of the package is that a delivery attempt was made, but due to no one there to sign a note was left.

I always ship to whatever address shows on my app once the buyer pays. Never thought it could change. Sounds like buyer needs to take some initiative and make sure he gets it from the PO. It's just the next town over, at least. Hope it doesn't cause you any trouble.

I checked his current address and the address of the post office it is at. They are 8 min by car apart.

OK Update. The buyer said he has no problem with going over to the post office tomorrow to pick up the package. He said its 10 min by car away from his house and that actually works out well for him. He will let me know the outcome of it as well.

Right now, potential issue/crisis averted.

The rule is, always ship to the address on the PayPal confirmation. No idea how your situation happened, I guess it must have changed on eBay, like you said, you didn't pull it out of your arse.

Another plus for printing your shipping label via eBay/PayPal. The shipping address is auto populated with the info they provided when making the PayPal payment, it's not possible to ship to the wrong address.

In fact if someone and then requests a switch (not what happened here, I know), you're better off refunding the payment and having them re submit with the new address. That way you have full Seller Protection.

Absolutely nothing of value there.

Exactly. I just find it amusing that he's trying to condense all of his auctions down to just one auction.

There were plenty of CCM gamers with those tags in the 1990's. Nearly identical Center Ice tags were also used on Starter (1996/97) and Nike (1996-98) gamers.

Edited by LAK74

I thought the exact same thing...good to know.

I also know a lot of my AHL gamers have those "center ice" type taggings on them too.

Also as an update to my issue, the guy actually went to the PO yesterday and he talked to the supervisor there who was able to track down the carrier and was able to give him his jersey. So it ended well as the rightful person got the jersey. Yay!

For all you Hawks fans with an irregular high metabolic rate...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=262376285869&alt=web

Whatever the opposite of an irregular high metabolic rate is, I have that :D

I'm actually watching that one for my girlfriends son, trying to pass along the jersey bug to the next generation.

He knows what chain stitching is and I've shown him how to spot a fake Chinese Knock Off.

He's been razzing all of his school mates that own one ( proud moment )

If there is such a thing as dibs, I'll throw it out there but I also know $ talks.

Cheers

Whatever the opposite of an irregular high metabolic rate is, I have that :D

I'm actually watching that one for my girlfriends son, trying to pass along the jersey bug to the next generation.

He knows what chain stitching is and I've shown him how to spot a fake Chinese Knock Off.

He's been razzing all of his school mates that own one ( proud moment )

If there is such a thing as dibs, I'll throw it out there but I also know $ talks.

Cheers

That's awesome he's already calling out fakes! Atta boy Bob! Great to hear the torch is being passed.

I'm trying the same thing with my 3 year old. I just feel bad for her...She will suffer the same affliction for the Leafs that my dad passed down to me...Its a family curse.

20151120_163055-1_zps0gku8tpg.jpg