eBay version 4.0

dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the only thing on eBay that pisses me off more than someone totally misrepresenting a knockoff as authentic is trying to say they have some sort of sentimental value to it. "Material is Ultrafil and everything is stitched on. I owned this jersey over 20 years and it has seen lots of Pens games." -F you, buddy.

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/152052207834

If it was real, it'd be listed a lot higher than 10 bucks

If it was real, it'd be listed a lot higher than 10 bucks

He just listed it. It will go up regardless because many buyers are ignorant.

I hate when people make a big deal about things being "stitched". Especially when it's a replica with glued on logos.

I hate when people make a big deal about things being "stitched". Especially when it's a replica with glued on logos.

You can thank the NHL and the majority of the NHL teams and their team stores for that. For the sake of pumping out jerseys to people who are only at the arena for the game and want a jersey before the end of the game, they resort to heat-pressed garbage. This is one of the main reasons I hear when people defend knockoffs by that they are at least stitched (which I cannot argue with them on that) and they don't use plastic letters/numbers. Oh and as a kicker the Devils raised the price of the heat-pressed customization last year from about $30 to $65 now.

Also partly to blame are the fans and especially the insta-grat crowd. For example, when Smith-Pelly was traded to the Devils this season, when people asked the day of the trade where they can get his jersey they balked at the idea of sending it out to IJ or sportsk for customization with a 2-week turnaround (I didn't bother mentioning EPS as the wait time would have had them upset). Literally the responses I got to the 2-week turnaround for a fully-stitched jersey was "why does it even take that long? It should only take 20-30 minutes!" These people literally wanted the jersey THAT day. Can't help those people and they are a growing crowd.

You can thank the NHL and the majority of the NHL teams and their team stores for that. For the sake of pumping out jerseys to people who are only at the arena for the game and want a jersey before the end of the game, they resort to heat-pressed garbage. This is one of the main reasons I hear when people defend knockoffs by that they are at least stitched (which I cannot argue with them on that) and they don't use plastic letters/numbers. Oh and as a kicker the Devils raised the price of the heat-pressed customization last year from about $30 to $65 now.

Also partly to blame are the fans and especially the insta-grat crowd. For example, when Smith-Pelly was traded to the Devils this season, when people asked the day of the trade where they can get his jersey they balked at the idea of sending it out to IJ or sportsk for customization with a 2-week turnaround (I didn't bother mentioning EPS as the wait time would have had them upset). Literally the responses I got to the 2-week turnaround for a fully-stitched jersey was "why does it even take that long? It should only take 20-30 minutes!" These people literally wanted the jersey THAT day. Can't help those people and they are a growing crowd.

It's so they can instagram it with a Starbucks coffee...

Heat pressing of jerseys makes total sense at an arena. Plenty of people are very happy going to a game and picking up a customized jersey while they are there. And the team likes it, they get to sell customized jerseys to fans at exorbitant prices. In fairness, they do that with EVERYTHING they sell.

Heat pressing of jerseys makes total sense at an arena. Plenty of people are very happy going to a game and picking up a customized jersey while they are there. And the team likes it, they get to sell customized jerseys to fans at exorbitant prices. In fairness, they do that with EVERYTHING they sell.

You should see the number of complaints people have in regards to the quality of the heat-pressed from what I see in a lot of Devils FB groups and online forums. Many of them have their letters/numbers peeling within 2-3 months.

People want stitching, but they don't want to wait even 2 weeks for even a decent stitch job. It's the generation we live in where instant gratification trumps quality. I'll take my EPS 8-12 week wait over a 15-minute rushed heat pressed garbage job.

Oh I agree, I don't get my jerseys heat pressed. im just saying it makes sense from the team's perspective, and they sell a butt load of them (anyone who has been to the Rock has seen hundreds of them walking around).

Whether the people are happy with their purchase afterwards when they have a gorgeous Devante S IT - PE Y jersey, different story.

Oh friends, I need advice. I just sold a jersey to someone who lives five blocks from me. I just messaged him to offer to meet up so I can save the shipping (on a super low priced jersey to begin with).

How should I handle the paperwork with ebay?

If you arrange to do this, refund the PayPal payment and take cash. Obviously have the buyer to agree to it first.

If you accept PayPal for a local pickup, the buyer can perform a charge back and because there is no paper trail, you'd lose.

If they already paid for shipping, it isn't worth the hassle IMO. It is much easier to ship a package than it is to deal with a craigslist style meet up with a stranger. Unless you're a really nice guy who wants to save them 10 bucks they paid to ship it.

He's a member here, and that belonged to another member prior to that.

Perfect for a Tyranosaurus Rex.

I'm now curious to know how other arenas do their heat pressing. I know in Columbus, it's impossible to tell a heat-pressed from a sewn unless you actually turn the jersey inside out.

How could that be? You would see the stitching from the outside...

Could you not get the jersey heat pressed at the arena, then have a seamstress sew around it at a later date?

You could, but the letters are still made out of plastic rather than twill. At least the Devils are.

I just send them to the team's provider, get them don right, and wear them in 3 months. Spring is a great time for sending out jerseys, we're only a week or two until no more jerseys until October.

How could that be? You would see the stitching from the outside...

Back in March of 2010 I got a brodeur retro jersey at the NHL store in Manhattan when those retros first came out. I wanted one quickly done so I could wear it to the first retro night and at the time those jerseys were hard to find in stores due to them being snatched up quickly (I'm talking about the CCM Team Classics line of replicas they still sell today).

I had it customized there as brodeur and they hear pressed it on. However the lettering was all twill and the two layers were indeed stitched together. Not only that but around each letter/number on the bottom green later they put a layer of stitching so when it was pressed it literally looked like it was sewn on. At first glance you really couldn't tell that it was pressed. It was only when you looked at it for a little bit and noticed the lettering was stiff from the heat press process and you turn it inside out and see not stitching that you could tell. I was impressed quite frankly.

It later started peeling about 6 months later so I went back and had it re-pressed. I then sold it a few months later.

Back in March of 2010 I got a brodeur retro jersey at the NHL store in Manhattan when those retros first came out. I wanted one quickly done so I could wear it to the first retro night and at the time those jerseys were hard to find in stores due to them being snatched up quickly (I'm talking about the CCM Team Classics line of replicas they still sell today).

I had it customized there as brodeur and they hear pressed it on. However the lettering was all twill and the two layers were indeed stitched together. Not only that but around each letter/number on the bottom green later they put a layer of stitching so when it was pressed it literally looked like it was sewn on. At first glance you really couldn't tell that it was pressed. It was only when you looked at it for a little bit and noticed the lettering was stiff from the heat press process and you turn it inside out and see not stitching that you could tell. I was impressed quite frankly.

It later started peeling about 6 months later so I went back and had it re-pressed. I then sold it a few months later.

I've seen what you are talking about. It could pass for stitched if you aren't looking for it, but if you specifically look, you can tell it's not. Must be what he meant.

Never been a fan of Keenan but if the legend is true, he was right on the money.

He missed on big factor here. This jersey was made by Starter. Therefore, it should be Starter air-knit instead of standard air-knit. But I'm not too surprised coming from griffenfood.

I've always wondered why this was made by Starter when the Blues' other jerseys were still being produced by CCM.