eBay version 4.0

dsl135

I only remember getting a second chance offer once, a few years ago. If I'm not mistaken, it was simply an opportunity to buy the item at my highest bid; there was no negotiation involved for the final selling price. Maybe things have changed since then, but if it were me, I'd just offer my previous highest bid, and the seller can take it or leave it.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The seller selects the Second Chance Offer price, to a maximum of your highest bid. They could offer you it for less, I do believe, but I have never done that and have never seen anyone do that.

There is no negotiation, you either pay the price they offer it to you for or you don't.

That's what I thought. It just seemed that Dr. Puck had to negotiate the final price, and it sounded like the seller was trying to set the price higher than Dr. Puck's max bid, so I wondered what was going on there.

Yeah second chance offers are a good indication that some shill bidding was going on. If you get the offer right after the auction ends or within a few hours you can guarantee it was shilled.

^^^ Exactly. People sometimes not paying happens, but if the 2nd Chance offer comes in real soon after the auction ends, then it smells like a shiller.

The key point is the difference between your max bid (what the winner had to beat) versus what you would have won the auction at if the top bidder did not beat you. It would be great to only have to pay the latter, but the ebay 2nd Chance System automatically makes the seller send the offer for the max you bid, which helps them given it generates a higher final value fee.

Don't see a whole lot of Devils retro night gamers come up for sale on the Bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-RYDER-GameWorn-Authentic-Pro-NJ-Devils-Retro-RedGreen-Jersey-/152073602937

Really nice Pro-Player road Bruins blank size 54.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=252379069580&alt=web

Yes, it was strange to see snoop back then in a authentic Pens jersey....... LL cool J also wore that jersey in the video for "Back Seat", he had the Jagr #68 , really weird in my opinion :wacko:

It wasn't that strange, it was a trend in 90's hip hop for about a minute.

And I don't wear jerseys, I'm thirty plus

Give me a crisp pair of jeans.... button up

:angry: Quiet, Hov

Exactly, which doesn't really reconcile with the fact that he made a Yankee hat more famous than a Yankee can.

Nor why he gets his own lane on the highway.

5D161271-1CD8-418E-A6E7-600AEC3077EE.png

Edited by mfitz804

I always loved that line because it was so... high school. All of those dudes like Fabolous show up with their closets full of Mitchell and Ness, and Jay pulls out the "Oh, you're still wearing jerseys? Yeah, we're off that." C'mon, man. You did the video for Izzo, like, last year. I know that Knicks you wore is still in your closet.

I always loved that line because it was so... high school. All of those dudes like Fabolous show up with their closets full of Mitchell and Ness, and Jay pulls out the "Oh, you're still wearing jerseys? Yeah, we're off that." C'mon, man. You did the video for Izzo, like, last year. I know that Knicks you wore is still in your closet.

i can't stand that guy.

Noticed Meigray also posted Devils 1.0's on eBay. Mostly goalie cut.

They posted a red 2.0 in size 52 also, should be here tomorrow.

Edited by JoeM7392

Noticed Meigray also posted Devils 1.0's on eBay. Mostly goalie cut.

Already have a white 1.0 on its way. Will be an Elias.

I'm really regretting not buying that Brodeur 2.0 goalie cut that was listed a month or so ago. Not sure I'd I should just do a 1.0...a very decent price, but it's a 1.0.

Kinda F'ed up, IMO. If you win an auction you should be paying within 24-48 hours, tops. Any longer and you should email the seller and explain why you're taking so long, and you should expect some nudging.

I will generally send the buyer an invoice after 48 hours. It nudges them without me specifically calling them out. After another 48 hours I'll send them an email requesting payment. Once a week has gone by I'll start the non-payment process.

Negative feedback should be a last and final resort.

I agree with that. And you are correct, it seems some buyers are waiting longer and longer to pay. It used to be if someone didn't pay within the first day, they weren't paid. Now I'm getting payments three and four days later without so much as a heads up email. So annoying.

I don't bid on something unless I'm willing and able to pay when the auction ends. Immediate payment, and that's that, unless it ends at like 4AM and I won it while I'm sleeping, and then first thing when I wake up.

I don't bid on something unless I'm willing and able to pay when the auction ends. Immediate payment, and that's that, unless it ends at like 4AM and I won it while I'm sleeping, and then first thing when I wake up.

Agreed, I do the same.

That buyer sounds like a . Communication is key when buying or selling. I am guessing your friend could probably get that feedback retracted, but I don't know what the steps are to do that.

As far as what is appropriate when paying for an item, I usually only bid on something if I know I have the cash right away and can pay instantly. There have been rare cases where an item ends 1 or 2 days before I know I'll have the cash. If that's the case, I'll usually message the seller and let them know that I'll pay within 48 hours.

Anytime I've sold anything on eBay, payment is usually instant, but I don't really use auctions often, and with buy it now you can set it so it requires immediate payment. I think the supposed eBay standard for a buyer to pay is 48 hours. If they haven't paid within 48 hours, it is probably best to contact them and ask them "what's up bro?" (those exact words), and if you can't resolve it or they ignore you, either politely offer to cancel the transaction, or if you have more rigid standards and want to do your part in cleaning up eBay, go through the hassle of filing unpaid item claim.

Cancelled transactions means eBay won't charge you fees, but the weird thing is, a buyer can still leave you feedback after a cancelled transaction.

Isn't the eBay policy that you can put in a non-payment issue when it's 4 days?

I always pay within 24 hours of when I win something, usually within the first hour. I once had a buyer reach out to me after I won and asked if I could do a payment plan. Palm met the face.