eBay version 4.0

dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the preferred carrier for shipping US to Canada for ebay sales? I went to calculate a price and was surprised to see that first-class international doesn't include tracking, which is a must.

I am not sure that's accurate, did you look up regular First Class International (letter rate), or First Class International Package Service?

I've used the Package Service and if I recall correctly that does include tracking to Canada.

First Class Mail absolutely has tracking. I just sent something last week, and the tracking is current up to date.

Right under where you select First Class International (online) it should say:

Add insurance and extra services.

Insurance is not available for this service.

Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation™ International FREE

Once you purchase it, you will get a tracking number that typically starts with LZ.

With first class international, isn't it possible to use the number on the customs form as a tracking number?

From the USPS website:

"Includes Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International when you ship online to select destinations"

I started the process of buying a label to Canada, and found that if you buy postage "retail", i.e. at a post office, tracking is not included. However, Delivery Confirmation is included free if you buy the postage online. It includes:

"Tracking information includes the date and time an article was delivered or, if delivery was attempted but not completed, the date and time of the delivery attempt. The sender can check delivery status by going to usps.com and clicking on "Track & Confirm"."

So I guess according to them, no tracking, but yes you can confirm it was received.

​But I am 99% sure I have tracked that number and it does provide tracking updates.

OK, it looks like if I use Click n Ship, I can get it, but it says "not available" for retail. So I guess I have to print out the postage myself.

Yup. And ask yourself this, why wouldn't you want to do that?? You can print everything you need and just give it to the mailman. Or, if you insist, drop it at the post office. So much better than standing in line!!!

Yup. And ask yourself this, why wouldn't you want to do that?? You can print everything you need and just give it to the mailman. Or, if you insist, drop it at the post office. So much better than standing in line!!!

I can't just give it to the mailman, because the shared box for my street only has a letter slot. They might let me put it in outgoing at work, but I never thought to ask. Can't bring sealed packages through security, though.

At any rate, there is a USPS station at a nearby grocery store, so I usually take the opportunity to shop their sales.

Edited by furiousd

I can't just give it to the mailman, because the shared box for my street only has a letter slot. They might let me put it in outgoing at work, but I never thought to ask. Can't bring sealed packages through security, though.

At any rate, there is a USPS station at a nearby grocery store, so I usually take the opportunity to shop their sales.

No I guess in that case you can't give it to the mailman. My post office has a drop box for prepaid stuff, if yours does you could still avoid the line.

https://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/322088446619

Yeah, game worn yet the customization is an absolute joke that doesn't even come close to matching what the Leafs used. It comes with their crappy, worthless L.O.A though so it must be good right.

Thing isn't worth 10% of what they are asking for it.

Yeah, game worn yet the customization is an absolute joke that doesn't even come close to matching what the Leafs used. It comes with their crappy, worthless L.O.A though so it must be good right.

Another company telling it's customers it's LOA's are good because they say so and "guarantee" the item.

No LOA's are inherently good, they all depend on the integrity and reputation of the party giving it. That's why nobody questions a MeiGray LOA.

It's up to the collector to assess that and determine its worth, if any.

No LOA's are inherently good, they all depend on the integrity and reputation of the party giving it. That's why nobody questions a MeiGray LOA.

It's up to the collector to assess that and determine its worth, if any.

True, but LOA's should have some sort of substance to it other than "we verify this item is good because we are such great authenticators."

Even Meigray goes into detail about why they think the jersey is good (such as observations and comparisons to other verified similar gamers, describing wear, photomatches if applicable, etc) for non-program jerseys other than saying "we say it's good because we are the best at saying it's good."

Only for non-program jerseys. Otherwise you just get "this is a jersey we know is authentic because it has our tag".

But we trust the tag.

Edited by mfitz804

Only for non-program jerseys. Otherwise you just get "this is a jersey we know is authentic because it has our tag".

But we trust the tag.

It is tagged before the players even wear it, and they have direct contracts with the teams (and the NHL from 2003-2007/8ish).

Even the program LOA's provide more insight to the jersey as combining it with the population report they publish you can easily see who wore it and when it was worn as well as special comments if needed (such as 1000th game jersey, etc). That's still more than what a lot of the other guys put on their LOA's.

Exactly. That's why we trust their LOA over one that basically says "it's really, REALLY legit because I said so".

Man...that's horrible. Edited by The_Dude_Abides

I'd still rather have a Guam64 LOA

Now that's money in the bank

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NHL-Ottaway-Senators-100-Authentic-Jersey-/322087616966

Cool find if you're a Lehner, Silfverberg, Hoffman, or (lol)Cowen fan.

I can't imagine someone would add that velcro on their own, so it must be a team issued jersey that went unused at the draft. Not sure how often these leak out, I'm guessing it was probably sold at one of the Senators equipment sales.

88708649-jared-cowen-puts-on-his-new-ott

Twice in the last month I've gotten into a bidding war with someone only to lose out when the price got too high. Yet in both cases, the winner ended up flaking on payment and I received second chance offers. In the first case, I negotiated back down to a good price. I'm still waiting on the second case, although I don't think the seller will reduce the price.

My issue is that since I'm the only one bidding against these people, the proper thing to do is to have the seller go back down to my last bid before the bad bidder entered the fray. Thoughts?

EDIT: One more post until I get my vampire jersey, right?

Isn't that how second chance offers work? They automatically go back to your bid? Or is the second chance offer to you at the final auction price?

Are you sure it is not shill bidding going on?

If not, then I think it should be your last highest bid. Never done 2nd chance so not sure how ebay does it.

I wouldn't even respond to their second chance offer, I'd just rebid if they put it back up for auction. Wouldn't get too hopeful because I'm sure they have shill bidding and probably will do so again when they re-list it.

I wouldn't even respond to their second chance offer, I'd just rebid if they put it back up for auction. Wouldn't get too hopeful because I'm sure they have shill bidding and probably will do so again when they re-list it.

I guess that's the safe thing to do. Is shill bidding really that prevalent? In my experience as a seller, non-payment is pretty common.