eBay version 4.0

dsl135

That one has been sitting on eBay for over a year, it's a fake. No manufacturer logo at all.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found one for 150 at a local thrift store

You are very lucky to be in the city of Angels.

That one has been sitting on eBay for over a year, it's a fake. No manufacturer logo at all.

Ok

Ok

I personally don't find it ok. But even if it wasn't fake, a 25th would be a Reebok 6100 jersey, and that one needs to be stripped. Not worth the asking price at all.

Of course, having sat on eBay as long as it has, I imagine a Best Offer significantly south of the asking price might be accepted. But you'd still be getting a fake.

Thanks. No harm no foul. I just figured maybe it was a one off listing. Didn't look far into the pictures and although I like Andy Greene it wasn't for me.

1997-1999 Habs Starter size 54. Team issued???

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/182133701304

I am not sure if it was team issued, but they had that listed cheaper and it didn't sell. I was watching it when the starting bid was $75 and the BIN was $100. I don't get that, list it for cheaper it doesn't sell, so relist it for more money.

I am not sure if it was team issued, but they had that listed cheaper and it didn't sell. I was watching it when the starting bid was $75 and the BIN was $100. I don't get that, list it for cheaper it doesn't sell, so relist it for more money.

Someone's in on it.

1997-1999 Habs Starter size 54. Team issued???

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/182133701304

Looks like the Berlin tagging.

Really? That was quick.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/222119445758

Lol, he didn't even get the jersey yet and he's trying to flip it already.

I mean, that's pretty much what that guy does on a regular basis.

At the end of the day, nothing wrong with it in my opinion. If he gets more for it, more power to him. If he sits on it for a long time waiting for a big profit, then that's up to him.

It's very unwise to sell or trade something you don't have possession yet. Could lead to a ripple effect down the line.

Exact thing happened 2-3 months ago in the GW FB groups where a couple of people were making trades with jerseys they didn't even physically receive yet. Lead to a fiasco as one of the original traders turned out to be bogus.

Sure, flipping is okay. We all do it from time to time. Either we get bored or our collection shifts. The only thing that doesn't sit right with me is one of our members could have added that jersey to their collection...I'm sure one of you would have loved to own it...that's all. Just my opinion.

Obviously, whatever is done with it is up to the buyer. I personally have never bought a jersey with the intention of flipping it, with the exception of one replica a bought just because I had a kit handy and I knew if I put it on a replica, it would make me a couple bucks.

Otherwise, I have offered them back to the original seller, or offered them to other board members I know at my cost to "pass along" the deal. I would never see a board member's price and say "gee, I could buy that and flip it on eBay for a profit". I had one opportunity to do that, the jersey was offered to me for about one-fifth what I thought the eBay value would be, and I didn't do it, instead I told the seller to go sell it on eBay for 5x the price.

Changing your mind on a jersey and deciding you don't really want it is not flipping, in my opinion. And I do that all the time, and rarely ever at a profit.

Flipping is when you buy something just to sell it. Like flipping a house, its a business transaction, the end result is always going to be you selling it.

But, if you buy what you believe is a $300 jersey from me for less than $300, and later you decide you don't want it, I have no problem if you try to get $300 for it.

I've sold a couple jerseys in the last six months that were immediately relisted for more money. I'm not gonna lie, it bummed me out. I know it's cheesy, but I have a hope that people buying my stuff really want it and are excited about it. But I wasn't offended* that they did it. It's just part of the game.

And it's kind of beside the point, but I would be surprised to see that Sharks go high enough to make it worth the trouble after shipping and fees.

* In one case, I did root for him to lose money, but only because he was a ####.

I've sold a couple jerseys in the last six months that were immediately relisted for more money. I'm not gonna lie, it bummed me out. I know it's cheesy, but I have a hope that people buying my stuff really want it and are excited about it. But I wasn't offended* that they did it. It's just part of the game.

And it's kind of beside the point, but I would be surprised to see that Sharks go high enough to make it worth the trouble after shipping and fees.

* In one case, I did root for him to lose money, but only because he was a ####.

Did they sell? I sold a jersey back in 2012 or 2013 and the guy immediately put it up on eBay for triple the price. It has been sitting there since and saw it still up last time I checked about 4-5 days ago and this time only twice what I sold it for lol.

I know one did, but it ended off-ebay so I don't know how much profit was involved.

In the case of the ####, it sold at a bid auction at about a $20 profit to him, which he promptly cancelled. He relisted for something ridiculous and would swing the BIN price wildly from day to day. It eventually dropped off my radar. This person had been pointed out as shady in the past, so I wasn't surprised when shenanigans ensued.

There are a couple of mine that I sold that were immediately listed for more money, roughly double. And they have been sitting for about 6 months. If people want to do that and invest that kind of time, more power to them.

A sucker is born every minute. If people want to overpay for something, that's their business. Dumb, IMO, but in this gotta-have-it-right-now world, there is always someone somewhere that will grossly overpay.

As for the sellers, it's pretty easy, I guess. eBay allows you to "list it until it sells" so there's no downside for them to make an ad and just stick the merch in a closet and go on with their lives until it sells.

A sucker is born every minute. If people want to overpay for something, that's their business. Dumb, IMO, but in this gotta-have-it-right-now world, there is always someone somewhere that will grossly overpay.

I'd NEVER do that.

Wait, what...? Oh, ok.

:(