eBay version 4.0

dsl135

And yet another...Eggplant size 52. $99 start. Looks MINT.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121945868927&alt=web

Edited by The_Dude_Abides

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, those are both nice. That eggplant one though... Come to think of it, I loved the jerseys of every team the Devils played for the cup back then. Detroit, Dallas, Colorado, and Anaheim all had good stuff going on. Now I almost want to get one of each of those.

A friend gave me the Coors Light one as a joke before, I think it's made by the same company. It's pretty funny, has the rocky mountains and drops of condensation all over it.

Almost. I hadn't seen it in so long, I forgot there were two versions of them. I just dug it out. Mine doesn't have the little bubbles, but it does have numbers. It is the same company as the gatorade one.

20160405_180255.jpg20160405_180329.jpg

Edited by JoeM7392

Totally legit Creation Jersey.

I like how a lot of these jerseys are often "won" in raffles for either charity at local churches/community centers or at office raffles. Either a lot of these places full of scammers or the winner's are themselves the scammers or just plain gullible/ignorant.

It's to the point where every time I hear someone tell me they won a game worn jersey in a local raffle I right away think that there is a 99% chance it's a fake or just a replica.

Edited by Devilsguy

The people who receive the items donated for the auction, they go by what they are told. The fault is in the donator.

My wife's school had an auction and they had a Travis Zajac signed stick. It was in the "$500+" category between $3,000 in free orthodontic work and a trip to Antigua.

The people who receive the items donated for the auction, they go by what they are told. The fault is in the donator.

My wife's school had an auction and they had a Travis Zajac signed stick. It was in the "$500+" category between $3,000 in free orthodontic work and a trip to Antigua.

The fault is originally on the donator, but shouldn't the people who received it do a little research into it? Would they just take the word of people who claim they just donated a genuine Picasso or a Faberge egg? I don't expect these people to be jersey experts, but a quick google search and 5-10 minutes of poking would reveal a ton, especially if the item is claimed to be game worn and one of the more expensive items they are raffling off.

I don't doubt the Zajac signed stick, but to put it in the $500+ category is silly, even if it was a signed game used stick (Zajac's autograph is worth about $20-30 and a game used stick of his goes for $125 on Meigray). A 5 to 10-minute Google search would have shown what it's worth. I wonder if they just put it in the $500+ category for tax reasons. THEN that would explain that.

The fault is originally on the donator, but shouldn't the people who received it do a little research into it? Would they just take the word of people who claim they just donated a genuine Picasso or a Faberge egg? I don't expect these people to be jersey experts, but a quick google search and 5-10 minutes of poking would reveal a ton, especially if the item is claimed to be game worn and one of the more expensive items they are raffling off.

I don't doubt the Zajac signed stick, but to put it in the $500+ category is silly, even if it was a signed game used stick (Zajac's autograph is worth about $20-30 and a game used stick of his goes for $125 on Meigray). A 5 to 10-minute Google search would have shown what it's worth. I wonder if they just put it in the $500+ category for tax reasons. THEN that would explain that.

It depends who is running the auction. The PTA at your kid's school could give a rat's Arse about authenticating items that are donated, especially since like 99.99% of the items don't require authentication. If its Sotheby's, different story. I do like that you are still using my Faberge Egg reference, though.

I doubt they categorized it that way for tax reasons, as of the 600 or so prizes available, it was only that and an autographed Derek Jeter picture that wound up in the wrong categories. Everything else was pretty much in line with its real value. I don't see how mis-categorizing two out of 600 prizes would result in any significant tax advantage.

That assumes, also, that the PTA kept any kind of tax records for what was donated.

It depends who is running the auction. The PTA at your kid's school could give a rat's Arse about authenticating items that are donated, especially since like 99.99% of the items don't require authentication. If its Sotheby's, different story. I do like that you are still using my Faberge Egg reference, though.

I doubt they categorized it that way for tax reasons, as of the 600 or so prizes available, it was only that and an autographed Derek Jeter picture that wound up in the wrong categories. Everything else was pretty much in line with its real value. I don't see how mis-categorizing two out of 600 prizes would result in any significant tax advantage.

That assumes, also, that the PTA kept any kind of tax records for what was donated.

Those PTA members would check if that trip to Antigua was legit. Why not check if the jersey is legit? They have plenty of time since as you said 99.9% of the stuff doesn't need authentication anyways.

It really just boils down to laziness on the part of the people doing the raffles.

So I have a potential issue here with eBay on a jersey I recently sold.

I sold a game worn jersey on eBay to a buyer in California. He won it on Thursday and sent payment on Friday afternoon. That night I packaged up the jersey and addressed it to the address given to me by eBay. Saturday morning I shipped it out with tracking, insurance and signature confirmation. So far so good.

Today I checked the tracking and it is out for delivery. However when I went back to my sold history and that jersey, I noticed the zip code seemed different. I got in and noticed the address listed on eBay was different. I shipped the jersey to Atherton, CA and now the address showing up on eBay is to the same person, but now with an address in Palo Alto, CA. I checked with the paypal receipt I got on Friday afternoon and that has the Palo Alto address (I never checked it but I probably should have). I just sent the buyer a head's up about the address issue and waiting to hear back.

My question is how badly can I get screwed on this and if so, do I have any recourse? This is actually the second time this happened to me where I shipped an item out to an address on eBay that changed after I shipped it. First time was to an office and it ended up being I shipped it to the same company but a different branch, so it was no big deal to the buyer.

Edited by Devilsguy

I understand the worry, but you don't actually have a problem yet, do you?

No, but I did ship it to an address that appears to be no longer the current address of the recipient.