eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

Cowboys, maybe someone has a 100.00 "maxbid" on it and when you bid it "auto-outbids" you?

That's definitely what it is. There's only one person with multiple bids, and the highest bid in the auction was placed before any of them. Nothing fishy there.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, just an FYI for anybody interested, that jersey is no good for a 1994 jersey based on tagging and the crest.

From the collar tag it must be a 1997 only, but what was the issue with the crest? (I didn't notice.)

That's definitely what it is. There's only one person with multiple bids, and the highest bid in the auction was placed before any of them. Nothing fishy there.

Yes It was a different jersey I was not awake when I read my emails

On the 1994 jerseys the crests are flat. On the 1997 jerseys they're puffy like the Mighty Ducks crest.

I never would have noticed that. Thanks for the pics!

Is it possible though, that the puffy appearance of the 1997 could be due just to washing and subsequent wrinkling and separation of the crest from the jersey? I don't own any authentics from either year. :(

I don't think so. I bought both of them from e-bay. If you search for gamer pictures though I think you'll see the same thing. Like MGG has a Messier I think, or search closed classicauctions listings or that other place.

Yes, I had looked at a lot of the ClassicAuctions listings but almost all the photos were too blurry to tell for sure. The Messier on MeiGray didn't actually look puffy to me, lol. I'm gonna keep looking around, I just have to know these things! Thanks for the help.

Yeah it was definitely something that caught my eye when I got the 2nd jersey in. I was disappointed because the one I got with the puffy crest somebody added 1994 patches to it and I won't use it. I'll probably sell it.

And he's got what looks like a practice-used Kaspar jersey, so you know he knows the difference. What a toolbox.

JerseyBaron has a few NYR Heritage 2.0's (wordmark of course) out there.....interesting. (Too bad none in my size OR a Vector in my size but that's another gripe for another time).

He also has a size 46 2.0 Flyers.....maybe a Rangers one will find it's way to me this season!

Ya, Ive looked at that several times myself, but only because it seems to be the only place where you can find that jersey. But $350 for a replica is stupid. I will not ever buy from that guy.

Don't remind me. He's got a bunch of Bruins WC premiers too, but there's no way in hell I'm paying $299 for a frigging replica.

I thought it was the odd trajectory of the word mark

This USA ultrafil jersey wasn't as bad with the final price, possibly cause the jersey isn't blank and it also has snags and pulls where the C letter used to be on the front.

Initially the seller had failed to mention the snags/pulls in the item description when it was put up for auction last year, and i had won it. The seller had refused to accept a return after i spotted the damage on the front of the jersey. Paypal sided with me when i filed a Item Not As Described claim.

At least this time around, the seller mentioned the 'slight scarring' on the front of the jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAME-WORN-1988-USA-OLYMPIC-STYLE-HOCKEY-JERSEY-/300944215341?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4611ac4d2d

Like game worn jersey cards but without the cards... brilliant idea.

According to NHLUniform database they didn't wear small block CCM with NHL shield, but there might have been rare instances it actually happened.

Highly doubtful.. The first issued on ice jerseys with the big block CCM didn't have the NHL shield...

According to NHLUniform database they didn't wear small block CCM with NHL shield, but there might have been rare instances it actually happened.

Highly doubtful.. The first issued on ice jerseys with the big block CCM didn't have the NHL shield...

I've seen a few over the years that were recycled and had the NHL logo added.

Would prefer a photo-match, but here's an example -

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1989_90_Alexander_Mogilny_Sabres_Game_Worn_Jersey_Rookie_Jersey-43-2.html