eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

I already bought, and returned that jersey. He gave me inaccurate measurements. He accepted a return, but still charged me for the original shipping cost, which I thought was bogus since he made the mistake.

That sucks dude, so did you have to pay two lots of shipping?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He deducted the money from shipping and issued me a refund. I denied the refund, which still put all but what he took for the shipping cost, so it's not that bad, but he doesn't realize he'll still have to pay the eBay seller fees because I denied his request.

He deducted the money from shipping and issued me a refund. I denied the refund, which still put all but what he took for the shipping cost, so it's not that bad, but he doesn't realize he'll still have to pay the eBay seller fees because I denied his request.

Well, it looks like you're fine, since he relisted it, but I would be careful with that strategy in the future, because then he can report you for an unpaid item.

By not agreeing to cancel the transaction, it even says you are saying you want to go through with the transaction as is. So if he wanted to, he could report the item, and then you'd have to pay all over again.

Is this a prototype? I was gonna get it cause the guy said the measurements were like a 48 and have been looking for one for a long arse time. Thing is the head has an outline like a nike or ccm, not a proplayer. Pretty bummed

The listing

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2648

Gameworn

http://www.gameworna...er-1431-35.html

Retail authentic

http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

Nike gameworn

http://www.gameworna...y-4400-118.html

PayPal and eBay can see I had already paid.

I understand that, but when someone sends you a transaction cancellation request, it states that if you don't agree, you are saying you want to complete the transaction. So then, by not re-sending the money, you can be reported. Just saying. I realize it didn't happen this time, but that's a dangerous play to make frequently, as other buyers may report you, and they would be correct in doing so.

If you want the money back from the original shipping, you need to open a case against him before sending it back, to show that he didn't describe the item accurately. Then you would have recourse, but by sending the item back and getting a refund of any kind, and then saying you don't agree to cancel the transaction, you're in effect saying that you want him to ship it back out, and he would be able to report you for an unpaid item and I believe you would be forced to pay for it again.

No one can 'force' you to pay for anything, end of story. You can be forced into a refund but thats as far as it goes.

by sending the item back and getting a refund of any kind, and then saying you don't agree to cancel the transaction, you're in effect saying that you want him to ship it back out, and he would be able to report you for an unpaid item and I believe you would be forced to pay for it again.

I don't see how this is logical, it makes absolutely no sense. Regardless of the fact that the item was returned and a refund was refused (which also makes no sense but I'll get to that later), the seller still received payment for it, he can't reasonably expect to be compensated twice for the same item. I also don't see how the seller can relist and sell the item a second time until he refunds the original buyer, I don't see how that's even legal since the item was still paid for, which should make it the property of the buyer regardless of the fact that it was sent back. It doesn't make any sense that it would "belong" to the seller until the refund has been issued and accepted.

Anyway, it doesn't seem logical that eBay would require the seller to be paid twice for the same item, that just doesn't sound right. But then again, it's eBay and nothing they do is logical. As far as the issue of returning the item and refusing a refund: WHY? Why would you pay to ship something back and then decline the refund? Is the original shipping charge so important that you'd rather lose ALL your money? The right thing to do would have been to open a case with eBay and let them deal with it before sending the item back, but at the same time, if they decide against you (which they tend to do), you're screwed. Still, not accepting the refund makes even less sense than the argument that eBay could force you to pay for the same item twice.

I don't see how this is logical, it makes absolutely no sense. Regardless of the fact that the item was returned and a refund was refused (which also makes no sense but I'll get to that later), the seller still received payment for it, he can't reasonably expect to be compensated twice for the same item. I also don't see how the seller can relist and sell the item a second time until he refunds the original buyer, I don't see how that's even legal since the item was still paid for, which should make it the property of the buyer regardless of the fact that it was sent back. It doesn't make any sense that it would "belong" to the seller until the refund has been issued and accepted.

Anyway, it doesn't seem logical that eBay would require the seller to be paid twice for the same item, that just doesn't sound right. But then again, it's eBay and nothing they do is logical. As far as the issue of returning the item and refusing a refund: WHY? Why would you pay to ship something back and then decline the refund? Is the original shipping charge so important that you'd rather lose ALL your money? The right thing to do would have been to open a case with eBay and let them deal with it before sending the item back, but at the same time, if they decide against you (which they tend to do), you're screwed. Still, not accepting the refund makes even less sense than the argument that eBay could force you to pay for the same item twice.

As I understood it, thebiggoalie received his refund, but refused to cancel the transaction because the seller inaccurately described the item, then didn't refund the original shipping charge.

So its not that eBay would be able to force him to pay for the item twice, its that they would count it as an unpaid item strike against him, even though he did pay for it and was refunded. The fact is that he said he didn't want to cancel the transaction.

Obviously this is all moot in this situation, as the seller just relisted it and didn't notice that he didn't get refunded the original final value fees. My point simply was its a dangerous idea to use often, as it could result in unpaid item strikes (obviously eBay can't FORCE him to pay, but could give him strikes for what they would consider non-payment).

Is this a prototype? I was gonna get it cause the guy said the measurements were like a 48 and have been looking for one for a long arse time. Thing is the head has an outline like a nike or ccm, not a proplayer. Pretty bummed

Not sure, I will be going through some of my jerseys tonight I will PM you when I come across my P/P and let you know what mine looks like.

As far as sizing, I would ask for exact measurements just to confirm, if you decide to make an offer I say low ball your 1st bid - they seem to be asking a lot for an odd size.

As I understood it, thebiggoalie received his refund, but refused to cancel the transaction because the seller inaccurately described the item, then didn't refund the original shipping charge.

So its not that eBay would be able to force him to pay for the item twice, its that they would count it as an unpaid item strike against him, even though he did pay for it and was refunded. The fact is that he said he didn't want to cancel the transaction.

Obviously this is all moot in this situation, as the seller just relisted it and didn't notice that he didn't get refunded the original final value fees. My point simply was its a dangerous idea to use often, as it could result in unpaid item strikes (obviously eBay can't FORCE him to pay, but could give him strikes for what they would consider non-payment).

Ahhh, I see. I understood it to mean that he refused the refund. Still, wouldn't the refund cancel the transaction automatically since the seller is acknowledging that the item was returned? It's a dead issue anyway, I'm just curious because I've never dealt with that.

Ahhh, I see. I understood it to mean that he refused the refund and still hadn't gotten his money back. Still, wouldn't the refund cancel the transaction automatically since the seller is acknowledging that the item was returned? It's a dead issue anyway, I'm just curious because I've never dealt with that.

Ahhh, I see. I understood it to mean that he refused the refund. Still, wouldn't the refund cancel the transaction automatically since the seller is acknowledging that the item was returned? It's a dead issue anyway, I'm just curious because I've never dealt with that.

No, getting a refund doesn't automatically cancel the transaction. Its one of those weird things in eBay, I suppose.

I had a similar issue with a retailer on eBay who had an item up on BIN at a retail price that I purchased. A week later he tells me someone came into his retail shop over the weekend (days after I had paid) and bought the last one. He refunded my money and asked to have the transaction cancelled. I refused to cancel the transaction so that he would have to eat the fees and I would have the opportunity to leave feedback about the transaction. He then asked me to remove my negative feedback and pointed him to the eBay selling rules that state "You're not allowed to: List an item that you're simultaneously selling outside of eBay." He then got belligerent and made some prejudiced comments that I just laughed off.

Man I can't wait to get mine back from Mike.

Not looking to sell but these thinks seem to be highly sought after.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330890085227?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Man I can't wait to get mine back from Mike.

Not looking to sell but these thinks seem to be highly sought after.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330890085227?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

What pisses me off is that I bid on that one when it was listed by another seller, who changed a buy it now price to $75 so that toolbag could pick it up.

I have the same jersey in size 52 and I think this one fits like a size 54, just like my authentic PP Panthers jersey

DSC07056.jpg