eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I recognized the eBay ID.

Its mine thanks for the bumb i will listen to offers but it has been in my for sale thread a long time .

Its mine thanks for the bumb i will listen to offers but it has been in my for sale thread a long time .

Sometimes, I wonder if anybody else even looks at the sales forum.

Sometimes, I wonder if anybody else even looks at the sales forum.

Good point...why don't you list something at 1/2 price for a few hours and see if anybody notices, just to see :P

I'm pretty sure there are regulars who scour.

Good point...why don't you list something at 1/2 price for a few hours and see if anybody notices, just to see :P

I'm pretty sure there are regulars who scour.

A "Burger King" jersey can sit there for 6 months at $25, and nobody would notice! :P

My major annoyance about the sales thread is that you can't change the title of your thread like you can on other boards. So "Joe Schmoe's Sales Thread" is all you see where as "New Stuff Added! Burger King, Wild Wing, & Rangers WC" etc. would get a ton of more views. Granted I don't think that's anything the mods can enable but it would be nice.

To be honest, I only check the sale thread periodically. I haven't picked up a hockey jersey in a LONG time.

I check every unread thread every time I come on the forum and it pops up with the icon that shows there's something to read. I just don't want to buy any of your stuff :thumbsup:

I only look at Sim's sales threads. Ive already alerted everyone else to tell me when they are going to sell something I want from their collection. Heck, most of them have done it too!

*slowly turns head in direction of walzthewarrior*

Owls%20Can%20Turn%20Their%20Heads%20All%

I check every unread thread every time I come on the forum and it pops up with the icon that shows there's something to read. I just don't want to buy any of your stuff :thumbsup:

Thanks Matt. I usually just delete the old and add new stuff by editing posts, which doesn't come up as an unread thread to anyone. It only comes up as unread if I add a new post. That's why I check as many as I can periodically. I also agree that being unable to change the title is a huge bummer, but not necessary. You just have to shop around.

My major annoyance about the sales thread is that you can't change the title of your thread like you can on other boards. So "Joe Schmoe's Sales Thread" is all you see where as "New Stuff Added! Burger King, Wild Wing, & Rangers WC" etc. would get a ton of more views. Granted I don't think that's anything the mods can enable but it would be nice.

Just ask a mod to change it....are you really posting 10 new jerseys daily?

Besides, Burger King, Wild Wing, etc, don't need a ton more views, do they? They're hot commodities, so they'll sell pretty quick. Chances are, if you need a ton more views 'cause your rags aren't selling, it's 'cause you're selling rags.

People always ask - "Where do you keep finding these gems, slim?"

Answer - I check the trading post.

I'm telling you, while yeah, I do find some gems on ebay, most of my stuff comes directly from you guys. Clicking those links you've all put in your sigs (cudos, btw), checking the sale threads, and PM'ing you mugs to find out what we can buy/sell/trade. Easy peasy.

Heck, the forum's set up so that all you need to do is click the little circle or star on the left and it automatically brings you to your first unread post. And I've been very consistent at merging posts, cleaning up old/useless posts, and making sure that the sales threads are nice and tidy. I'm sure a lot of you have seen your threads modded by yours truly.

Anyways, if you're not willing to put the time in, well, what can I tell ya? You snooze, you lose.

If any of you mugs want something changed, PM me, and quit your griping.

If any of you mugs want something changed, PM me, and quit your griping.

Wow nice attitude - don't be so defensive. The point was many other sites let you change the titles of your posts without having to contact someone to do it. No one is blaming the mods.

Suddenly we're not willing to put the time in? And who said anything about posting 10 new jerseys daily? The Burger King/Wild Wing examples were referencing thebiggoalie's joke about a $25 Burger King.

Settle down man, it'll be okay.

Argh, really? God I hate Literal Larry's...I'm PM'ing you, the board doesn't need this.

...and my vernacular is purposely ala Bugs Bunny (mugs/griping), so that it's quite obvious not to be taken as a genuine insult...what a maroon!

Me too. So please feel free to post those half priced Burger Kings and Wild Wings. You know, just as a test.

If anybody here is bidding on this, just be sure you read the description first:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001627585?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

If anybody here is bidding on this, just be sure you read the description first:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001627585?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

What's with the strap on that?

Thta jersey has made the rounds before and we commented on if its a fake or not even game worn

Authentic Blackhawks ultrafil TBTC Barber Pole size 48, $400.

As an FYI, I grabbed the 52 TBTC Barber Pole he had, new with tags, blank, and he accepted an offer for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111023537544?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649