eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackhawks authentic TBTC size 52 barber pole, but a $475 opening bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140931972060?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

My buddy is selling a few on E-bay, he's a new member on here.

Help a brother out!

He's got some nice stuff.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ggieseler55/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2654

Wish that blues gameworn was a few bucks cheaper. I love the 3rds

I'd love to know where that guy is getting 'clear indications of game use' on the Blues 3rd. It was never worn on the ice for that game. I know because I was the previous owner and I did my research on that one. Strachan never dressed for that Stockholm game and the jersey itself was a one-gamer. Hence the stamp inside saying SWEDEN 2009. That said, it's still very nice and at a good price.

Hey all.

I am the person that has the Tyson Strachan jersey listed on eBay as game worn. I purchased it from a friend of mine named Andrew who is very well connected with the NHL. He was the one who assured me that this was a game worn jersey.

I am a life long Blues fan and never intended on ever selling this; however, I fell on some hard times and am liquidating some of my collection to pay bills. I am sorry if this is not a game worn, I would NEVER knowingly mislead or lie about this type of thing.

I plan on doing some research and contacting Andrew to find out more details. I will keep you all updated.

Again, I am sorry if this comes across as misrepresentation. I was going off of what I was told. This is and has been a very special jersey to me.

If anyone has any information on this please let me know.

Thanks!

What do you mean? Of COURSE a 7107A jersey is real... its even better than 7187A!

Geez, that's pretty bad.

It's terrible, but I still had a chuckle.

I emailed him once. He removed the Buyers guides and responded to me.

"It is against regulations to make something in a different country and say it is made in another.

These tags say made in Canada. That is what is followed.

Now if you will, please stop harassing me with my ads unless you would like to purchase. Thanks for your opinion though and I will watch where I buy my jerseys"

I then responded to his reply and he removed his four fake Edge jersey listings.

He then replied with this gem.

"The only replica jersey I have in my collection is the sidney crosby Team Canada one, and I have stated that twice. I have much more positive feedback than you and have been apart of eBay for almost 8 years. This is my last message.

Goodluck

- mister.jerseys"
Do you think if I mail him a baseball bat with "Made in Canada" instructions, that he'd use it against himself upon arrival?

im all for people doing whatever they want with what they buy....but when i see this.. it really is ridiculous..it is buyers like this preventing would be new collectors from getting what would be a good deal. they search ebay all day long and jump on all the good deals....and only making $100 bucks wasn't good enough...he needs $110. unreal

I tried 70.00 and said there you go you made a profit but I was declined the offer

Yeah he sets stuff to auto decline unless it's within like 10-20 bucks of what he's asking. It's a joke. He buys everything too. It's impossible to get a deal these days.

At those prices who would pay anything near the asking price? I am all for a guy making a profit, but that is just ridiculous. I just don't buy people's jerseys if they are out just to resell. I don't have to buy his jerseys so I personally don't, if he wants them to collect dust or have desperate people buy his jerseys then that's on him and the buyers.

I'm only mentioning it now especially because I was in on the first auction, and if it wasn't for him I probably could have had that jersey for about 60-65 bucks, maybe less. I think the auction started at $40. He's also done this with older NYR CCM jerseys among other things.

Everytime I've passed up on a decent deal, he's picked it up, and listed it for about double the original price. I'm also 99% sure he's a nonparticipating member here.

The issue is this then, how badly do we want certain shirts? If we see something at a good price, do we bid on it because we want it, or do we bid because of the price?

I see no reason to complain about something that you lost for a low price because your max bid was beatable. If you want the item badly enough and have the funds to chase it, put a high bid that's tough to beat. That way, it might prevent people who camp auctions until the last second to snipe your low max bid so they can mark it up for their own gain.

It's one thing when they snatch up listings outside of an auction within minutes of posting (I've had a reseller contact me for a BIN on my TBTC Bruins shirt within 10min of posting, no lie). But there is no-one to blame but ourselves when we are bid sniped by resellers because our bids were primed to be topped.

I don't have a horse in this race and should probably keep my mouth shut, but I won't.

When an item goes to auction you should have a set price what you are willing to spend.

Whether or not you are sniped, beat out by one penny or 100 dollars should not matter.

If you put in your maximum amount you want to spend, then lose the auction, move on.

As to making a profit or flipping jerseys...it has been said here on many occasions that once the jersey is yours

you can do with it what you please. I even recall somebody wanting to use a gamer as toilet paper on these boards.

So what does it matter what someone does with their jersey?

I have seen plenty of people who post here regularly ask for ridiculous amounts for their jerseys, but that is ok?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

The issue is this then, how badly do we want certain shirts? If we see something at a good price, do we bid on it because we want it, or do we bid because of the price?

I see no reason to complain about something that you lost for a low price because your max bid was beatable.

...there is no-one to blame but ourselves when we are bid sniped by resellers because our bids were primed to be topped.

As to making a profit or flipping jerseys...it has been said here on many occasions that once the jersey is yours you can do with it what you please.

So what does it matter what someone does with their jersey?

I have seen plenty of people who post here regularly ask for ridiculous amounts for their jerseys, but that is ok?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Well said.

The only other thing I'd like to point out, despite him listing jerseys for double what he's paying, he's still listing them at reasonable prices, and often accepts best offers that are well below what a jersey is actually worth/what it would retail for. I've bought from him in the past, and although disappointed I didn't find that Nords jersey for a steal at $80, I was still happy to get a deal paying $150 for it.

He could easily do like J4TW and auction them, which would almost guarantee they'd go for a lot more than his BIN or Best Offer prices.

Good points made above. My take: if you are selling something on eBay, list as you wish- if you get your price, great. If not, re-list again with the same price or a lower price, whatever you want to do (if you don't need to move the item ASAP for the dough). If you're asking a crazy amount and someone is crazy enough to pay it, WINNING.

I guess my thing is intent. I'm a new collector. I have wanted certain jerseys for a long time and thanks to members here i have some of them. However if the intent is for an ebay seller to snipe me(out bid me by a dollar then another dollar and then another dollar only to gauge my desire to own it) with(and only with) the intent to buy it after figuring out that i'll pay whatever to get it. Then it's my opinion that they are trolling ebay good deals to buy things up most of the time because they are selling something similar for twice the price.That way they A. get rid of the competition and b. put more money in their pocket. Its a karma thing with me i guess..i believe in passing along good deals.

Both the collector and the reseller want the deal.

Collectors have emotion that makes them feel either glorified or ripped off, and resellers emotion is based on profit...but the only thing that matters in the marketplace is money and how much you can part with.

Sometimes as a collector you can have research and timing in your pocket, but in an even marketplace the mighty buck is the final answer.

I've been watching some of thehockeyjerseyco's listing and he almost always accepts bids less than the BIN price. For example, he had a TBTC ASG jersey listed for $299 but it just sold for $190. He does set the BIN price a bit higher, probably hoping maybe a sucker will bite. But eventually he sees no takers and will accept something a bit more reasonable.

I wish there weren't guys like him or J4TW, but if they legitimately beat you in an auction, they can do whatever they want with their purchase. I find that this sort of thing, where people jump on any kind of deal and then flips, is happening everywhere. Jerseys, kicks, clothes. The reseller market is thriving because of eBay and Kijiji. You can't blame people for trying to hustle to make an extra buck these days.