eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

Okay thanks so much for the advice, I appreciate it. Go hawks!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That alternate Hawks is probably my favourite jersey ever.

Makes me want the Flyers to bring back a black jersey

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111055546758?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_170wt_989

Please confirm this is a real replica. I bid on it when I first saw it and forgot about it. Incidentally, I won the auction and even if it is a legit replica I am not too keen on the jersey so will likely be relisting once I receive it for the same price or trade if anyone is interested.

Separately, I'm 99% sure this is legit authentic even if its a jersey foul but, just wanted confirmation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221217006888?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_225wt_959

Would like to strip and turn it into a Leetch, York (16), Lemiuex (66), or Redden (6..jk)

Separately, I'm 99% sure this is legit authentic even if its a jersey foul but, just wanted confirmation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221217006888?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_225wt_959

Would like to strip and turn it into a Leetch, York (16), Lemiuex (66), or Redden (6..jk)

It's a good authentic. However, I'd be hesitant to strip it because it's a sublimated jersey. The color is added only to the outside of the jersey. I've never tried to strip one of these 2002 ASG's, but it seems to me that if there's even the slightest amount of glue residue after stripping, any chemicals used may actually remove some of the color from the jersey, which would really suck.

Just recently I used some acetone to remove some residue from a sublimated ASG replica (1996), and some of the color did come off. So just a word of warning.

Thanks for the warning. I was thinking everything was stitched on and I could strip it using a seam-ripper.I'll check w/the seller.

Otherwise I may be forced to customize it as Redden...the horror

There's usually some amount of glue used to tack down the twill or patches. If the patches are glued, you may be screwed (nice rhyme!) because most of the patches have been placed where there isn't supposed to be anything, so you couldn't cover up any remaining residue, in the event there is any.

Around $250 I guess?

I have an alternate Hawks Jack Skille jersey, which I bought for $120 (from a member here). Customization wasn't 100%, but a steal nevertheless.

If you ever want to get rid of it, let me know!

If you ever want to get rid of it, let me know!

Don't count on it, but I'll let you know if I see one on ebay!

Don't count on it, but I'll let you know if I see one on ebay!

He played here in Trondheim during the lockout and I saw him play a couple of times. They are having their gameworn auction right now btw if you want one of his jerseys but they are pricey... starting at $600 a pop!

Let me know if you are interested and I can help you out: http://rihk.no/draktauksjon-2013/ (currency is in NOK. Go to xe.com to get conversion rates).

The AHL are selling off a few on eBay, including a 'Los Icehogs', a Phantoms 'Movember', two Hershey 75ths, a Hershey Outdoor Classic and Outdoor Classic Warm-Up.

However, I like both my kidneys.

The AHL are selling off a few on eBay, including a 'Los Icehogs', a Phantoms 'Movember', two Hershey 75ths, a Hershey Outdoor Classic and Outdoor Classic Warm-Up.

However, I like both my kidneys.

Some real beauties in there -- the Brodin, Dumoulin, Couturier... great stuff.

Perhaps a project for a very, very bored Rangers fan?

I don't know too many Rangers fans on here who would want to promote Steiner in any way. :P

And recresting as a Rangers jersey!

Exactamundo! Although, I think you'd need some hardcore liquor or drugs to get over individually stitching all those letters. You'd have the thousand-yard stare.

Shame it's not green!

But your friends will be green with envy... I'll go back in my corner.

Granted, English is probably not this seller's native language, but it is funny that instead of a LOA you know it comes from that "one guy".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171034870501

It's not game-worn, and the buyer he bought it from (for about the same price) was a huge ash-hole.

What's with the hem shield? It looks stitched on rather than embroidered. That's a question mark there. The writing on the Maska tag looks weird too.

It may very well be stitched instead of embroidered. The Bruins did that for Neely's ultrafil shirts when they made them custom for him. This might be overstock from the 1990 season before they started putting the shield on every shirt.

As for the writing on the tag, that's a common thing from the late 80s and first two years of the 90s. The size would be penned in on the tag. That "52" even looks consistent with what I've seen for Bruins gamers, but I won't extrapolate too much from what I see. But with that said, that's a spot-on shirt. I don't know if there was a pro shop in the old Boston Garden, but if there was, this shirt may very well have come from there.