New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Jersey my son does his stick handling camp

I attended Turcotte's skating school in North Bay, and watched Butch (his old man) break a player's arm one day- he used to yell and scream at everyone, scaring the crap out of all the kids into skating as fast as they could, and if ever he'd catch a player leaning on their stick he'd slash the stick out from under them, or if you were leaning on the boards, he'd slash the boards right beside your head to try scare the out of you. One poor kid was leaning on the boards one day and old Butch tried to scare him, but accidentally slashed and broke his arm.

If that what makes your feel better then cool I have less then a year to live so I still would have paid a lot more to get the jerseys I wanted as a kid to wear to games this season

Well... that escalated quickly.

How'd that happen, i.e. one team using a completely different company?

I feel old reading your post and thinking the same thing when the Preds first started!

Cartoons were better too. Lol

The late 90's before they unified jersey manufacturers for the NHL. You had CCM, Starter, Nike, and Bauer all making NHL on-ice jerseys. The question I've always had is Bauer was a subsidiary of Nike at the time (since 1994 and until 2008) why were only the Preds jerseys branded as Bauer? The Ducks, Hawks, Wings and Flyers were branded as Nike.

And Sharks.

Someone here speculated a while ago that since the Preds were a new team and probably not expected to do well in their first season, that perhaps Nike did not want to have their own brand name on the jerseys.

Nashville Predators 1998-99 Inaugural Season Set 1 Darren Turcotte

there's one more jersey I can stop looking at online.

Edited by slimcutta
No need to re-post pics...baby Jesus and all...

since the Preds were a new team and probably not expected to do well in their first season, that perhaps Nike did not want to have their own brand name on the jerseys.

Yo that's messed up. Funny. But messed up.

I would also think that they knew they weren't appealing to a market that was keen with "Ice hockey", since I believe the Bauer name was mostly roller hockey back then.

The Ducks were already near LA, so they knew people would get it. Chicago, Toronto, Detroit, and Philly were already marketable for ice hockey. You never saw Florida, Tampa Bay, Dallas, or Phoenix wear Nike on the ice.

Have anyone seen the ice for the preds this year. It's gold. They wear those mustard jerseys no one will see them.

Haha. I saw pictures of it. They got me i figured thats what they were doing that would be awesome if they actually did for the year