New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I delivered ten or eleven jerseys to the tailor to get finished kits sewn on. After 10 weeks of waiting, I finally get them back. However, there were a plethora of errors so most of them went back to be fixed. Nonetheless, here are the ones that came out pretty.

Zuccarello 2.0 with 85th patch - kit by Mike

P1010592-vi.jpg

Zuccarello Connecticut Whale 2.0 with authentic patch - kit by Truman at GameDay. Dont mind the camera flash being wonky on the right arm.

P1010597-vi.jpg

P1010596-vi.jpg

Jan Roar Fagerli Norway WJC nameplate sewn on

P1010598-vi.jpg

Andrei Markov Centenial authentic - kit by GameDay - the flash it look really shiny almost like a fake but it is a beauty

P1010594-vi.jpg

The Tocchet and the Whale Zucs are awesome. Those CCM Mesh style jerseys are my favorite

Good luck finding a photomatch. Early Preds pics showing wear can be hard to find.

Sweet shirt though.

Yeah for sure, I have only found 1 for my 99-00 jerseys. I just ordered the 01-02 Media Guide, so hopefully Ill see something.

Just landed this today,

Marek Zidlicky 07/08 Set 1 Edge 1.0: Light wear but tons of singes on the material from being customized. I guess Cutting Edge didnt know how to handle these Edge jerseys at first haha.

zidlicky-07-f.jpg

zidlicky-07-b.jpg

I have one more Preds jersey on the way and that will put me at only 6 remaining to get a home/road/alt for every season. Ive been chipping away on the site this weekend as well, should be posting it for a first go here late next week.

The Calgary jersey here has the old loop fight strap

That is one really nice Flames jersey. Would love to make a Kent Nilsson out of it!

That is one really nice Flames jersey. Would love to make a Kent Nilsson out of it!

I was thinking of Brad Marsh or Dan Bouchard from the 1980-81 season. The Flames wore this the next two seasons, which would open up the possibility of Lanny McDonald or an early #22 or #11 Al MacInnis.

Back in the early 80's the Sandow retail authentics seemed to differ quite a bit in construction from the on-ice jerseys. Unless I'm mistaken, this one appears to be just like the on-ice jerseys. Do you mind if I ask how you acquired it? Also does it have a letter size in the collar?

Unless I'm mistaken, this one appears to be just like the on-ice jerseys.

Most gamers have a tripe layer twill crest...that crest looks like a replica or retail, no?

I think you're right, there should be a bottom white layer on the crest, correct? I was going mostly by the loop strap and the double elbows, which seemed to be different than the ones on some of the retail Sandow authentics I've seen. I'm certainly no expert on this though. Sandow jerseys (at least to me) were some of the most mysterious jerseys out there in terms of their usage and variations in construction. Some teams like the Leafs (and possibly Flames too I think) seemed to alternate between Maska and Sandow jerseys during the same season, so it doesn't even seem clear exactly when each was used.

Back in the early 80's the Sandow retail authentics seemed to differ quite a bit in construction from the on-ice jerseys. Unless I'm mistaken, this one appears to be just like the on-ice jerseys. Do you mind if I ask how you acquired it? Also does it have a letter size in the collar?

eBay. There's two regular tags in the neck, the top one of which says "medium" with a hand-written 38 on the bottom corner.

Most gamers have a tripe layer twill crest...that crest looks like a replica or retail, no?

Yeah, it should have a stacked white-gold-red crest on it. I know someone a few years back had what were described as uncrested Atlanta Flames jerseys; I wonder if this was one of them that someone put a crest on.

With the exception of the crest, everything's the same as this: http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=7&lotid=398

Oddly enough, I almost bid on this back in that auction. I decided on a different jersey that I still haven't been able to move since then, and almost immediately after this auction ended, someone put a notice on gw.net asking about it.

That Flames jersey looks to be from the 1983-84 season when they used Sandow jerseys that were branded as CCM with the patch on the hem. Those jerseys were very unique in that the mesh had wider holes than in previous years...and then of course there were the knit stripes on the waist and arms. If you could find one, you could throw a Calgary 100th anniversary patch on it. Now THAT would be a looker.

That Flames jersey looks to be from the 1983-84 season when they used Sandow jerseys that were branded as CCM with the patch on the hem.

Only ones I've seen were either Sandow's -

FlamesGAMER198384RoadLoobrear-vi.jpg

or recycled Sandow's with CCM printed on hem -

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=8&lotid=300

The one exception of a Flames that I've ever seen with a CCM patch is this guy -

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=23&lotid=90

and all evidence points to that not being an actual gamer - it's got the retail CCM with R patch (yes, some gamers had those patches, but very few and they differ in sizing/tagging), it's got a smaller collar that (had it not been removed) would have a sized tagging sewn into the jersey stitching, sans born-on tag. It's also got improper customization. I'd bet it's an early retail that someone had done up as a gamer with a replica patch and added fight strap.

I was contracted/working with Classics recently and Mark (pres) admitted they've sold more than a couple replicas/early retail authentics that passed up as gamers, and they had to offer refunds to the buyers after the fact.

I've also owned quite a few of those 80s authentics sans fight strap and (s,m,l,xl) neck tagging that's sewn into the jersey, and there are noticeable differences.

Without getting too far off Flames topic, another example of a retail doctored (FS added) was this Babych here - http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=62&lotid=551

which Classics later returned/refunded.

Obviously the Cosby tag helps distinguish that guy, but food for thought on how easy it can be to get fooled with those old retails.

Wait; the Wings are using a nameplate on their Winter Classic jerseys? That doesn't seem right to me.

That Knights jersey is wild. I love their design. The Memorial patch makes it even better. Triple-layered numbers with a twill nameplate?

Are those really the pro versions though? That shoulder patch isn't sewn down. I also don't see any stitching on the elbow for the reinforcement either. I'm confused.

Maybe they are the last prototype, just to show off to the media. I doubt they would make them that cheesy But I definitely like the leafs one over the wings.