JeffB

Haha! Good stuff from #68

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Jags. I think Ian is the only one who doesnt

Jagr = the hockey equivalent of the Hofstra Red

I don't understand why people think this about Hofstra. Maybe Im just going to the wrong buildings.

Man that is a sweet haul of jerseys. I really like the Selanne. That style is so simple yet so unique. The Isles is great too, I just got one of those in a 54!

I just got this sweet, trashed 2000-01 Predators Legwand. Now to get the 2001-02 media guide, this thing should be easy to match.

Im also in the midst of working on a Predators jersey website and will be posting it up for ideas/opinions in probably a week or two. I figure its time a non traditional team gets some more love around the interwebs.

legwand-01-f.jpg

legwand-01-b.jpg

Is the nameplate the correct Nike swift material? Very well done on the #s.

Yes and no. The material matches the swift material exactly the only difference being that the jersey material has more a shine to it if that makes sense while the nameplate is matte. You can kinda see in the picture how the the light is reflecting off the jersey material a little but not on the nameplate.

I'm pretty picky with accuracy and for me the EPS nameplate is a match in my books.

Tom great set of pick ups! Especially of course the Rangers....very diverse.

Love the Jags video. Clown. Lol.

I like those Sens thirds. There was a Vermette on ebay one time and I didnt buy it but regret it.

I almost bought a SENS Karlsson jersey from meigray but I waited too long, as it turns out Panini bought the jersey and cut it up for cards.

Yeah i hate seeing that. I always wondered if they were actually cutting up gamers or just saying they are. If Meigray was about the hobby they would stop selling them

I understand Meigray's documentation is the best, but I dont understand why people think so highly of them. It would be much better if individual teams sold the jerseys. The best thing for the Islanders was selling their own jerseys. Meigray is a business and wants to make as much money as possible. Steiner is Meigray, just sans documentation. Steiner's name is much bigger than Meigray and a Steiner LOA carries as much weight as a Meigray LOA. The ultimate LOA is a photomatch. /rant

Steiner is MGG sans documentation, but also with 10 times as many jerseys in the same time period. At least MGG isn't overly ripping you off in the sense that at least your jersey is worn more than 4 games.

MGG's strength is their inventory system.

Besides, I trust them a lot more than letting Leonsis and his cronies who would probably end up selling half of them on Groupon or something.

FREE GAEM WARN JERSEY WIHT ANY PERCHASE OF $49.99 OR MOR @ THE GREENE TERTUL

(or 1 Bud Light of equal or greater value)

Well good sir, I applaud you, not only did you pick up a nice looking jersey, but you also nabbed my all time favorite player! If i actually make money, and you ever feel like selling it, you know where to look, but with what youve said, i doubt that'll happen haha.

Thanks man! I'll be sure to keep you in mind if I ever think about selling it :thumbsup:

I finally managed to get my hands on a gamer of Luc Robitaille, my all-time favorite player. This one is a set 2 from Luc's only Stanley Cup-winning season as a player, 2001-02. Just 3 team repairs, but quite a few stick marks scattered throughout. Really stoked about this one!

Rob_fr_zpsbc620f4f.jpg

Rob_b_zpsb32e754a.jpg

DSCN2201_zpse4cd1514.jpg

I also got back from EPS a retail Red Wings of another former Kings player, Larry Murphy, from the 1998-99 season:

murphy_fr_zpsf6cb2193.jpg

murphy_b_zpse9ae6e21.jpg

Great Robitaille!!

Whoa; that Robitaille is outstanding! The black mark along the back should be a fairly easy photo or videomatch too.

Great wings jersey and hall of fame player too

As the Sharks jerseys go I am glad to see what you purchased after screwing me lfcjari37

I just got this sweet, trashed 2000-01 Predators Legwand. Now to get the 2001-02 media guide, this thing should be easy to match.

Im also in the midst of working on a Predators jersey website and will be posting it up for ideas/opinions in probably a week or two. I figure its time a non traditional team gets some more love around the interwebs.

Good luck finding a photomatch. Early Preds pics showing wear can be hard to find.

Sweet shirt though.

Awesome Robitaille!!!!

Been wanting one of these for years.....finally

86-87 Rick Tocchet regular season road jersey. CCM mesh. Size 50 penned on neck tag.

100_7167-vi.jpg

100_7180-vi.jpg

This regular season road jersey was either worn in the beginning of the season from Oct-Dec or towards the end of the season from Feb-April. The Flyers wore three regular season sets that year switching to Eagle mesh in the middle of the season from early Dec - to early Feb. The team would switch styles again to CCM air-knit for the playoff Cup run.

Wear is on the lighter side and the front of the jersey features two black stick marks on the lower right side, a few other black markings on the lower middle, and some staining on the lower left side. There is a small black mark on the white part of the crest and some staining in the white circular area as well. The left sleeve shows a few black markings, a couple of stains near the cuff area, 4 smaller board burns on the black cuff area, and 2 black marks on one of the sleeve #2's. The right sleeve exhibits about 5 black markings and a couple areas of staining/discoloration. The rear of the jersey features even wear with two stick marks on the left #2 and a re-positioned fight strap that has been reinforced by the equipment manager with a heavy thread.

100_7194-vi.jpg

Super stoked to add this one to the collection :D