New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

I don't think I'll ever be able to deal with jerseys plastered with sponsor/corporate logos.

I, too, have never heard of "wear a jersey to work day". That's pretty cool.

It's the European way. I too would rather prefer the jerseys without sponsor logos, but what can you do. They're everywhere. Even second and third tier division teams use sponsor logos in their jerseys.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, what line of work is your wife in? I have never heard of wear your jersey to work day before!

My sister-in-law's company also lets her wear her hockey jerseys every Friday. She does secretarial/administrative work for an electronics company.

I guess Europeans are used to watching it, but I can't follow the clips on Youtube...instead of watching the puck or the players my eyes dart around to all the ads on the ice and the players jerseys.

A lot of bigger companies to stuff like that for "morale", etc: Hawaiian shirt day, funky tie day, jersey day, casual friday etc...

Man they look nice. I dunno which one I like better

Couldn't agree more. They look awesome!

I've said it before, but the biggest thing I dislike about those new WC jerseys is that they didn't agree to both use vintage white. I absolutely love the Wings WC, but next to the stark white of the Leafs, it looks dingy.

Still two great sweaters - grats Mike.

Does anyone else think it looks weird to have two teams play each other in colored shirts?

I was watching a black and white game from the fifties on nhl network, Red Wings vs Rangers, a Cup Finals game played in Toronto. It was absolutely impossible to tell who was who, the only way you could tell was by the stripes around the bottom of the sweater.

Obv we will never have that much trouble differentiating now that everyone has a color television, but I thought it was crazy how little consideration they had for a television audience...but I guess that was probably before anyone had televisions in their homes and could watch hockey broadcasts.

During the fall months, my wife gets to wear jerseys to work on Fridays. Most people use that to go the football route. She usually borrows something out of my collection.

At least she'd fit in with the football crowd if she wore the Atlanta one. :thumbsup:

Nice Haul Mike let me know when you are getting kits for the Detroit

Edited by TMLFAN

Really? I like them... then again I'm not sure if that's just because they're different from the Red Wings regular jerseys which seem so plain to me

Absolutely, absolutely ecstatic to finally have this one back. Thanks a ton to Stephen for hooking me up with a blank awhile back, finally back from getting customized.

IMG_1119.jpgIMG_1120.jpg

Now that's a jersey! Nice one. That Stephen guy is pretty helpful. Where did you opt to have it customized?

Now that's a jersey! Nice one. That Stephen guy is pretty helpful. Where did you opt to have it customized?

Preds pro shop. I was in Nashville over the 4th of July and dropped it off.

Just got a shipment in, but this one stays with me!

Flyers home Edge 2.0 wordmark, team issued, blank:

IMG_4361_zps926391cd.jpg

563e9a8b-cad1-4b3a-bb29-83edbd263e03_zps

Haven't decided who it will be yet... I have a stripped training camp jersey and this now. One will almost definitely be Voracek.

Just got a shipment in, but this one stays with me!

Flyers home Edge 2.0 wordmark, team issued, blank:

Haven't decided who it will be yet... I have a stripped training camp jersey and this now. One will almost definitely be Voracek.

There goes my Lindros jersey :P

2001-2002 Brad Smyth Hartford Wolf Pack 5th Anniversary alternate
htfd_smyth_f_sm.jpghtfd_smyth_b_sm.jpg

2002-2003 Roman Lyashenko Hartford Wolf Pack grey alternate
htfd_lyashenko_f_sm.jpghtfd_lyashenko_b_sm.jpg

The grey Wolf Pack is my all time favorite jersey design. Always hoped someday I'd land a gamer. I love the mesh underarms, the two different colors for the name & number, and that they are kiss-cut twill. The history of the jersey style is cool as well - the AHL thought the grey was too light to wear against opponents wearing white, but later said it was too dark wear against opponents in dark jerseys, so the team had to discontinue the style after two seasons.

Really like the grey Wolfpack jersey. Congratulations!