New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another amazing haul of jerseys... Very nice

The footcake brings the heat once again...

Here's my purchase from the Steiner summer sale:

Derek Stepan 2013 Set 2

I'm rather annoyed that despite a couple nice scuff marks on the white hem in the front I haven't been able to photomatch it.

stepan_nyr_blue_2013_f_sm.jpgstepan_nyr_blue_2013_b_sm.jpg

Nice Stepan pickup Akteon! Beauty!!!

Of course. I've made the argument that his managing from 1977-82 may be the greatest in MLB history. The Orioles were losing talent all over the place to free agency, the big guys were past their prime, and still they were able to go out there and contend. I have a great admiration for a guy who had this insane number of computations to figure out the best way to win a game on a particular day while also keeping an eye on the big picture as well.

Also, he's one of the few people who swears more than I do. That's not an easy thing to do.

Of course. I've made the argument that his managing from 1977-82 may be the greatest in MLB history. The Orioles were losing talent all over the place to free agency, the big guys were past their prime, and still they were able to go out there and contend. I have a great admiration for a guy who had this insane number of computations to figure out the best way to win a game on a particular day while also keeping an eye on the big picture as well.

Also, he's one of the few people who swears more than I do. That's not an easy thing to do.

Not adding the cigarette pocket he had inside the jersey would be considered a jersey foul?.... Right? ha!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/authentic-earl-weaver-jersey-bought-1-50-bay-201930028--mlb.html

2000-2001 Rob Ray #32 Sabres road jersey with torn neck, clip & loop additional fight strap and "A" on front - has decent wear for this era of Ray jersey - pilling, unrepaired holes, numerous slash marks and burns - very excited to add this one to the collection!

001_zpsd3cb1789.jpg

002_zps3be8dc19.jpg

003_zpsce5e74d1.jpg

005_zps6e896173.jpg

Love the clip ... apparently he didn't want to break the Rob Ray Rule ... great pickup!

That Ray is awesome. Always really loved that Sabres style - a little too different from tradition to succeed, but man they're sharp. Maybe they should've stuck to gold and blue with the same version - that would've been pretty awesome too.

That Ray is awesome. Always really loved that Sabres style - a little too different from tradition to succeed, but man they're sharp. Maybe they should've stuck to gold and blue with the same version - that would've been pretty awesome too.

935088_4224220782287_626488753_n.jpg

You mean like this. Those are the current colors of the Sabres use with that jersey I made one night 2 months ago.

Great pickups the last couple of pages!

During the fall months, my wife gets to wear jerseys to work on Fridays. Most people use that to go the football route. She usually borrows something out of my collection.

She's already cast eyes on these two things that arrived yesterday.

I really like the Kozlov. Despite not generally being a fan of that jersey, particularly blank, the lettering really pops off it. It's a sharp looking jersey.

Out of curiosity, what line of work is your wife in? I have never heard of wear your jersey to work day before!

I don't think I'll ever be able to deal with jerseys plastered with sponsor/corporate logos.

I, too, have never heard of "wear a jersey to work day". That's pretty cool.