New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

That's how some remember it, but it's not exactly what happened.

it was a slap shot, but it was deflected by a Flame, maybe Derek Morris? The girl was struck more or less between the eyes, right above her nose, evaluated at the arena and taken to Children's Hospital and admitted after a seizure. She appeared to be fine and recovering the next day, but the physicians missed a torn artery and by the second day, she ended up losing consciousness and passing away. So yes, he was involved, but there's more to it than people remembered. Here's a good story from last season, when he came back for the first time since he was bought out in 2004.

Dispatch article on Knutsen.

Shampoo was one of my favorites among the early Jackets. he was one of few actual NHL level players they had, and he had sick hands, even towards the end of his career.

Terrible story but great jersey, i always felt like Ep would become become a star just never seemed to get there...too bad because he showed signs of brilliance

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it was a tipped shot but try telling him that. All he knew was that poor kid was killed by a shot he took. It's no wonder he took it so hard. I thought she was struck in the temple though.

Very Nice and a pretty underrated player he will make buck bucks in free agency next year

Thanks a lot, Im hoping they keep him for sure. Beyond happy to have this. Hopefully HockeyBob posts his, he got a nice one himself.

Her name was Brittany Cecil. Before her tragic death, North American arenas never used netting behind the nets, something that had been used in Europe for years. Almost immediately after she died, all NHL, AHL, and CHL arenas added netting. As much as I hated looking though the netting (my seats have been at the ends for almost twenty years), it's a slight inconvenience to the sobering thought that a young girl gave her life by just attending a hockey game. I got used to it really quickly. It is her legacy.

Yes, it was a tipped shot but try telling him that. All he knew was that poor kid was killed by a shot he took. It's no wonder he took it so hard. I thought she was struck in the temple though.

It hit her right above the nose. Here is a very good story from a little over a year ago about Espen meeting Brittanie's family for the first time. http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2010/12/18/a-day-for-easing-old-hurts.html

2001 All Star World jersey (soon to be Fedorov #91). My first jersey to be customised just gotta wait for the Red Wings shoulder patch then I'll be sending to EPS

Photo097.jpg

Very nice jersey, I bought one of those myself recently. Unfortunately for me though, I normally wear a size 48 in the 6100 and it feels too large for me. I was planning on customizing it with as a Hossa. The jersey collar is very unique as is the nameplate below the number.

Finally got this thing back after months and months from Stitches NY. I will definitely be avoiding sending things to the US from here on out. Communication was next to impossible with these guys, and international shipping seemed to baffle them. It was pretty clear in my email where I was sending the jersey in from. On a more positive note, the jersey is beautiful and I absolutely love these colors.

Edge 2.0 Size 54.

2083409430107092053S500x500Q85.jpg2411156970107092053S500x500Q85.jpg

Sick Grabner. I want that exact same jersey but in white. Hoping to find a blank 2.0 like that soon.

Man, the colors on that thing just pop out and grab you- nice!!

Her name was Brittany Cecil. Before her tragic death, North American arenas never used netting behind the nets, something that had been used in Europe for years. Almost immediately after she died, all NHL, AHL, and CHL arenas added netting. As much as I hated looking though the netting (my seats have been at the ends for almost twenty years), it's a slight inconvenience to the sobering thought that a young girl gave her life by just attending a hockey game. I got used to it really quickly. It is her legacy.

I remember that, too. Back in the day pucks would go flying up over the glass behind the end boards all the time, then this happened and the netting went up. I don't mind seeing the netting, I know why it's there. It's not something anyone really thinks about, most people go to a hockey game and see the netting and think "oh it's to keep people safe".....yes, but it's also there because someone died.

It's sad that always someone has to lose thier life before someone realizes that it was not safe in the first place. This also goes to streets without stop signs or stop lights that people get killed everyday.

The netting didn't go up not because it wasn't safe, what actually killed her in the end was a freak occurrence even for taking a puck to the head, but the NHL didn't want to risk more bad publicity and potential lawsuits. Basically this could have happened anywhere in the lower half of lower bowls of any NHL arena, but the risk is lower and all the big $$$ seats are there. Still, all it takes is one freak accident.

At the Rangers game on Sunday against the bruins a guy in the first row right next to the Rangers player entrance, just outside of the netting, got hit in the head by a puck. It was bad enough that Girardi threw a towel into the stands from the ice/bench area. They ended up taking the guy in to the locker room. I'm sure he's ok, but it's still dangerous if you're not paying attention. I heard the puck hit his head from the other side of the arena.

Finally got this thing back after months and months from Stitches NY. I will definitely be avoiding sending things to the US from here on out. Communication was next to impossible with these guys, and international shipping seemed to baffle them. It was pretty clear in my email where I was sending the jersey in from. On a more positive note, the jersey is beautiful and I absolutely love these colors.

Edge 2.0 Size 54.

It's a shame you had such problems with them. I got my JT done a few pages back in two weeks. I don't know when you sent it in or why it took so long, but I find that to be unusual especially for a simple jersey like that. I've had unique Mets jerseys that have taken a few months though, but thats because they required embroidery.

It's a shame you had such problems with them. I got my JT done a few pages back in two weeks. I don't know when you sent it in or why it took so long, but I find that to be unusual especially for a simple jersey like that. I've had unique Mets jerseys that have taken a few months though, but thats because they required embroidery.

It was extremely frustrating. I sent them the jersey back in November if I recall correct. But hey, in the end they did great work and I love the jersey. I don't mind waiting for a jersey if it's done properly, but next to no communication really pisses me off. It's not like we're mailing off a T shirt to be screened. I like to know when my jersey reaches where I'm sending it. I don't see how that request should be an annoyance.

I know there's numerous people on this board who deal with them on the regular and have great experiences, so I'm in no way trying to discourage people from using Stitches NY. If you're in the US I'm sure it's painless, if you're in Canada I would look for alternatives unless you have a mailing addy in the States.

Kind of a funny detail, when I finally got a hold of them on the phone to deal with the issue I could hear the guy screaming to another employee "IT'S THE CANADIAN!". They knew I'd come callin...

:fight:

I could hear the guy screaming to another employee "IT'S THE CANADIAN!". They knew I'd come callin...

LOL! You should have said things like "Eh" and "can someone tell me what this delay is all aboot?".

It was extremely frustrating. I sent them the jersey back in November if I recall correct. But hey, in the end they did great work and I love the jersey. I don't mind waiting for a jersey if it's done properly, but next to no communication really pisses me off. It's not like we're mailing off a T shirt to be screened. I like to know when my jersey reaches where I'm sending it. I don't see how that request should be an annoyance.

I know there's numerous people on this board who deal with them on the regular and have great experiences, so I'm in no way trying to discourage people from using Stitches NY. If you're in the US I'm sure it's painless, if you're in Canada I would look for alternatives unless you have a mailing addy in the States.

Kind of a funny detail, when I finally got a hold of them on the phone to deal with the issue I could hear the guy screaming to another employee "IT'S THE CANADIAN!". They knew I'd come callin...

:fight:

Just for future reference, if you ever want to have something done by them again, feel free to send me a message and maybe you can send the jersey to me and ill bring it in myself and send it back to you. Shouldnt take as long that way, as long as you cover all the costs obviously. Theyre only like 15-20 minutes away from me so I really dont mind.

Thanks a lot, Im hoping they keep him for sure. Beyond happy to have this. Hopefully HockeyBob posts his, he got a nice one himself.

Just saw this, Glad we are both happy with the deal.

That - to me - is what collecting is all about.

My pic's are to big to post on here but when I have time I will def show off.

Thanks Brandon, NOW GIVE UP THE WHITE CAPS!! :lol:

Just for future reference, if you ever want to have something done by them again, feel free to send me a message and maybe you can send the jersey to me and ill bring it in myself and send it back to you. Shouldnt take as long that way, as long as you cover all the costs obviously. Theyre only like 15-20 minutes away from me so I really dont mind.

Thanks and I'll definitely keep that in mind for any future Isles jerseys. Cheers eh!

I quickly skimmed by, and before reading the info and doing a second take, my first thought was - 'oh no, that's the worst jersey I've ever seen'...but that's one freakin awesome cake!

You can't have your jersey AND eat it too.

Good call.