The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

I'm pretty sure it was a 2.0. He was wearing one earlier in the series, I can tell you that for sure!

thanks. It really was hard to know without a solid pic. That was around the time when players wore 1.0, 2.0, 1.5. or whatever the hell reebok made them since the 1.0 was a flop. Anybody else know for sure?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question for the Penguin experts. When Malkin raised the cup in 2009, was he wearing a 1.0 or 2.0 jersey?

Late to the party here, but just FYI, the Penguins started the transition from 1.0 to 2.0 starting with the second set of the 2007-08 season. Malkin wore a 2.0 for his away set 3, although his set 2 was still a 1.0. The 2008 SCF jerseys I've seen closeups of were 2.0's. So for the next season, 2008-09, I've seen closeups of over a dozen regular season and playoff gamers, and every single one was a 2.0. So I think you could be reasonably certain that Malkin's 2009 SCF jersey was a 2.0 as well.

Whats the difference in size between a 48 2.0 and a CCM 550 46-48? If I wear a medium in replica should I get a 46 or 48? I prefer a larger fit but nothing outrageously big.

Whats the difference in size between a 48 2.0 and a CCM 550 46-48? If I wear a medium in replica should I get a 46 or 48? I prefer a larger fit but nothing outrageously big.

There is no size 48 in the Edge sizing system. It goes from 46 to 50. If you wear a medium replica, get a size 50 or 52 Edge if you want a larger fit.

There is no size 48 in the Edge sizing system. It goes from 46 to 50. If you wear a medium replica, get a size 50 or 52 Edge if you want a larger fit.

What I meant was if i wear a medium replica and a 50 authentic would I be better getting a size 46 or 48 CCM? Sorry, I was in a rush. I didn't really read it twice. I also didn't know where else to put this.

Whats the difference in size between a 48 2.0 and a CCM 550 46-48? If I wear a medium in replica should I get a 46 or 48?

Just FYI, "550" refers to CCM's replica line (with letter sizes), not their authentics. If you want to know what size CCM 6100 series authentic corresponds to a medium replica, I would say 46 or at most 48 if you want a bigger, looser fit. 6100's tend to look big because their arms are quite baggy.

I went ahead and bought a 48. Rather have it be too big than too small. Better safe than sorry as I've learned before.

Lots of interest from Avs fans in getting an authentic Edge to customize with Landeskog. Since I'm no Edge expert, I'd like to get a list of retailers who sell legit Edge jerseys. I know of HockeyMonkey, NHL.com (of course), & Sports Authority. Any other retailers/sites I can refer avs fans on HFBoards to for authentic Edges? Thanks everyone.

Lots of interest from Avs fans in getting an authentic Edge to customize with Landeskog. Since I'm no Edge expert, I'd like to get a list of retailers who sell legit Edge jerseys. I know of HockeyMonkey, NHL.com (of course), & Sports Authority. Any other retailers/sites I can refer avs fans on HFBoards to for authentic Edges? Thanks everyone.

Seems like you could get a GI from Meigray to strip for a pretty reasonable price, it would be a 2.0 even

I could be wrong, but I could have sworn I saw a Edge Stastny in their team store in the Pepsi Center.. They had a Landeskog too.. They were behind the counter and not out with the rest of the Reebok replithentics..

AltitudeAuthentics.com

I could be wrong, but I could have sworn I saw a Edge Stastny in their team store in the Pepsi Center.. They had a Landeskog too.. They were behind the counter and not out with the rest of the Reebok replithentics..

AltitudeAuthentics.com

I've seen the stuff at altitude authentics, too. As I recall, I noticed that the customization was not done by Denver Athletic. The font on the numbers wasn't DA's on-ice font. For some reason the Avs use one specific font for on-ice and another, very close font for replica jerseys, t-shirts, printed merchandise, their retired number banners at Pepsi Center, etc. I've also seen the "other" font used by some customizers on authentic jerseys...all good materials and construction, just the font that's a little off. I don't really know why the Avs do this, or whether other teams do it, but once you see the difference it's really easy to spot, and it's really sort of annoying. I suppose that those I'm trying to help probably don't care, so this is a very good suggestion to pass along. Though I've heard that Altitude Authentics is notorious for selling out of stuff when there's a run on an item and not re-stocking for a while. Thanks for the thought.

Seems like you could get a GI from Meigray to strip for a pretty reasonable price, it would be a 2.0 even

Good thought, but I don't think these folks are interested in the process/the accuracy/jerseys as a hobby as much as we all here are. I even think suggesting a blank sent off for customization may be a little more than some are willing to do. I will, however, pass on the idea as a possibility for them. Maybe I can turn a few on to the hobby! Thanks.

I've seen the stuff at altitude authentics, too. As I recall, I noticed that the customization was not done by Denver Athletic. The font on the numbers wasn't DA's on-ice font. For some reason the Avs use one specific font for on-ice and another, very close font for replica jerseys, t-shirts, printed merchandise, their retired number banners at Pepsi Center, etc. I've also seen the "other" font used by some customizers on authentic jerseys...all good materials and construction, just the font that's a little off. I don't really know why the Avs do this, or whether other teams do it, but once you see the difference it's really easy to spot, and it's really sort of annoying. I suppose that those I'm trying to help probably don't care, so this is a very good suggestion to pass along. Though I've heard that Altitude Authentics is notorious for selling out of stuff when there's a run on an item and not re-stocking for a while. Thanks for the thought.

I hear you.. I live in Denver now and root for the Avs' as my second team but I am by no means an Avs' sweater expert.. I am much more knowledgeable on NY Rangers gamers and yes, like you, I include myself as someone who seeks accuracy in store bought "on ice" authentics with fonts, numbers and material etc. to the exact specs of the team.

To be fair, at least he'll get one with a wordmark and not the vector. It will be more accurate, assuming he's buying it to turn into a Landeskog, of course.

Accuracy matters when your trying to match what the player actually wore/wears. Since neither the indo-edge nor 1.0 are what he wears who cares if it has a vector or word mark patch.

To be fair, at least he'll get one with a wordmark and not the vector. It will be more accurate, assuming he's buying it to turn into a Landeskog, of course.

Accuracy matters when your trying to match what the player actually wore/wears. Since neither the indo-edge nor 1.0 are what he wears who cares if it has a vector or word mark patch.

I'm going under the assumption that most of the folks I'm trying to help out on the other board are not as concerned with the level of accuracy that we are. Sounds to me like they just want some resources/info on how to get hold of a jersey. Most questions in the jersey thread there are like "anyone know where I can get a landeskog jersey at a decent price?" And lots have stated that they don't care either way whether they get a replica or an authentic. I'm assuming most there are like I was just a few months ago...clueless fans happy to have anything that's not a knockoff. Now - I'm workin' in as much info as I can in terms of accuracy & I'm trying to be a resource for them, but I'm also trying not to come off arrogant and pretentious.

Edit: Just re-read your post TMLFAN and then Reivax's response. I understand what you meant, now. Agree completely, too.

Definitely. I just think, personally, if I were to have either one, I'd get an Indo Landeskog rather than a 1.0.

• 3 weeks later...

More 2.0s are hittin' the streets via jerseysbaron, sick to see some Leafs finally. Im sure more will be coming. I want one bad but this is a sign they should be available for a lot less. Still posting them at game worn prices...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/jerseybaron_com/m.html?item=300786259101&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item460842149d&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Well they have retail neck tags and they aren't team issues, so I think it doesn't matter that the Oilers wear 1.0s on the ice.

What concerns me is that so far I have only seen Canadian teams in a 2.0 with the word mark and the retail neck tagging.