The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo uses the same material as well for the silver parts. To me, it seems quite a bit lighter in weight that the Xtrafil though when compared to my 1.0's.

You know what, you're right - I lied. It's not Xtrafil. It's labeled as "Stretch Dazzle" on the materials tag. 85% Polyester 15% Spandex. It leaves me wondering how it held up as arm material for game jerseys, especially considering that the arms are like a 1.0 in that they don't have the circular pieces of Air Knit as elbow reinforcement.

I got my Predators jerseys from Meigray today, and I didn't realize that their arms are made of Xtrafil instead of air-knit.

I'm confused- isn't the entire bottom half of the sleeve, including the reinforced elbow part, air-knit? It should be if it's a 2.0.

It's just the silver part that is the "stretch dazzle". The rest of it is indeed air-knit. The stretch dazzle is the same as the silver portions on the newer all-star jerseys. I do agree that the material itself seems way too light to be used for a hockey jersey.

Edited by thepunisher767

I got one of the Preds third 2.0's from Meigray clearance. I realized that the Preds Third's Edge material (underarms and back) on the 2009/10 version is different from the 2010/11 version. The 09/10 has a more blue color where the 10/11 has a darker almost purple shade.

IMG_3004.jpg

Could that be due to washing?

naw, they are definitely different. I have a brand new 09 version and a brand new 2010-11. The 2010- 2011 version matches more closely to the front air-knit color. I think they just switched it so the whole jersey matches better.

Yeah theyre different from year to year for sure. My Legwand from the first game they used those has such different colors in the fabric, it kinda looks like a frankenjersey. My retail 1.0 from the following year matches up good. I originally thought it was a 1.0 vs 2.0 thing, interesting the 2.0s were fixed the following season.

Well, then maybe it's worth a shot. Still a good deal. I put on a goalie size once and I swear you could fit 8 of my arms in a single sleeve. Plus they're stubby on top of that, which makes for an extra awkward feeling.

56-60

There are still plenty of 58s in the Clearance section. You don't need to go with a Goalie Cut.

Those are 1.0s

Yeah, that's right. My bad. He did start out looking for Rangers 2.0s in 58/60. That certainly narrows the choics.