The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped by the team store today in the Consol and they had a few 2.0's for sale, marked as 7187A, made in Canada. They were mixed in with 1.0 and the Indo models. All customized for random players, so I had no interest in buying any.

You know I didn't pay much attention, but I would assume team issues as i dont believe they had the center ice tagging above the size tag.

Dont quote me on that though as I could be wrong since I was really tired when I was in there.

I do know what I was looking at, just don't recall retail tagging or the center ice tagging 100% accurately.

Fascinating. The pictures are of 1.0's, but the higher price ($300) and the "Made in Canada" description would lead me to believe these are the same retail 2.0's that JerseyBaron was selling.

They look like 1.0's actually. Read the description. They talk about the 4-way stretch stuff and the x-trafil too. I would bet they're 1.0's. Still, that's light years better than the Indonesian garbage.

Well they have retail neck tags and they aren't team issues, so I think it doesn't matter that the Oilers wear 1.0s on the ice.

What concerns me is that so far I have only seen Canadian teams in a 2.0 with the word mark and the retail neck tagging.

Well then I guess they're officially starting to retail 2.0's. At least for some teams. Great thing to see.

They look like 1.0's actually. Read the description. They talk about the 4-way stretch stuff and the x-trafil too. I would bet they're 1.0's. Still, that's light years better than the Indonesian garbage.

It looks like they have pretty much the exact same description for the Indonesian made, as well, so I'm not sure I'd trust that description too much. Or even the picture, for that matter.

Well they took the time to say 2012-13 (which should mean wordmark not vector) and called out "made in Canada" (which would mean not Indo). Why go to the trouble if it's a 1.0 or Indo?

Theyre struggling to get me info and I was less than technical about it. I sent them pictures of a sleeve tag, hopefully they can get a verdict on 7187 or 7287...

The suspense is killing me... :)

Theyre 2.0s!! 7287! They said they are not in stock right now (4-6 weeks) but I also asked if they will be getting all teams.

Theyre 2.0s!! 7287! They said they are not in stock right now (4-6 weeks) but I also asked if they will be getting all teams.

Also ask if they're woodmark or vector just for the heck of it.

Woo-hoo!!

They just replied again, all Canadian teams and Chicago, NYR and Pitt confirmed for 2.0s.

beavisnbutthead.gif

Wow, never thought I'd see the day. thumbsup_anim.gif

Wish it were all teams, but hey we're getting there.

Well, I suppose I need to temper my excitement. I'm pumped that I can now finally get one of these in a size 46, but I'm also not paying $300 for one right away. Hopefully other retail chains pick these up - ones that give out random 10-20% off coupons from time to time.