The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much difference. I'm 5'9 and skinny and can wear both fine. 54 is just a little baggier.

Thanks! Im 5'9/10/11ish and have a nice beer belly lol. I think I will try for it then. The "Edge Rule" is add 4 to a 6100, so if I am fine in a 48, a 52 2.0 should fit, right? I'd hate to spend the money for the jersey not to fit. I'm use to the oversized jerseys, I don't even know what size I am anymore!

I've actually never worn a 6100 jersey. but you should have no problaem with a 52 or 54 2.0. On me at 5'9 the only thing that could be better is the sleeve length. They both do come over my wrists but its not that bad. I actually kind of like the baggy feel being a little too big.

Thanks! Im 5'9/10/11ish and have a nice beer belly lol. I think I will try for it then. The "Edge Rule" is add 4 to a 6100, so if I am fine in a 48, a 52 2.0 should fit, right? I'd hate to spend the money for the jersey not to fit. I'm use to the oversized jerseys, I don't even know what size I am anymore!

i can easily rock a 56 in the Edge 1.0 but need a 58 in the 2.0. I am 6'0 260 and more broad shoulder/wide than gut (but have that as well, lol).

I have a 56 AHL game worn 2.0 and it is snug. so there is my kind of one offish comparisons, lol.

i can easily rock a 56 in the Edge 1.0 but need a 58 in the 2.0. I am 6'0 260 and more broad shoulder/wide than gut (but have that as well, lol).

I have a 56 AHL game worn 2.0 and it is snug. so there is my kind of one offish comparisons, lol.

The 56/58 thing for me is fine, hell even the 54/56. I just don't know how close Im cutting it with the 52 lol! Don't want to show off too much

Im confused how a 2.0 is snug and a 1.0 fits? A 2.0 has to be like 5 inches wider?

well to be fair, the 56 i have may have been tailored to the player, so it is hard to say for retail purposes. just going off of what i got in my closet. i do have a 2.0 practice jersey in a 60 and that fits me fine too. go figure.

Im confused how a 2.0 is snug and a 1.0 fits? A 2.0 has to be like 5 inches wider?

I find that strange too. A 50 1.0 is perfect for me but a 50 2.0 feels kinda baggy. I even went down to a 46 2.0 which fits fine, but I can barely get into a 46 1.0.

I always get a chuckle reading everyone's preferences about jersey sizing, because everyone has a different preference. Fellow Flyers fan above, Girouxsalem, prefers the same size Edge 2.0 as me. The only difference is that he is 5'7 and 150 pounds, while I'm 6'6 and 215 pounds. Obviously everyone sees a discrepency there.

You really do see complete opposite ends of the spectrum on here. I often times will read people's jersey sizes and think "how is that possible?". And I have no doubt that the feeling is mutual among other forum members. Its all about preference and body type, which unfortunately isn't the easiest thing to compare over an online forum.

I'm about 5.10 (just) and weigh 180 lbs. My ideal size is a 54, but I find I can wear anything up to a 58 in the Edge 2.0 without it looking ridiculous. It's definitely loose and the sleeves are too long, but I prefer my jerseys on the bigger side. As orangecrush8 mentioned, it's all personal preference and body type. I've got a friend who has at least 3 inches and 30 pounds on me and he can only wear up to a 52. Anything bigger just looks absurd. That's purely due to his body type.

Just saw this posted on facebook. Caption says "This season's game jerseys have arrived!!"

539216_10151064346404858_417294314_n.jpg

Funny, I thought there would have been like 300 of them, the way Steiner runs things. Also, looks like they're still using Vector jerseys and covering up with Wordmark patches.

I was just going to post this same pic in the old Rangers Customization Specifications thread where we had all the discussion about vector/wordmark and airknit/edge nameplate discussions last season.

The most surprising thing to me is the white jersey in all the way in the back of the rack with an uncovered vector.

The most surprising thing to me is the white jersey in all the way in the back of the rack with an uncovered vector.

That doesn't look to have a name on it either, which means they're not using it, or not done working on it yet.

That doesn't look to have a name on it either, which means they're not using it, or not done working on it yet.

Looks like it's in the process of customization as the sleeve numbers seem to be attached already

Looks like it's in the process of customization as the sleeve numbers seem to be attached already

I thought that at first too, but if you look at all the stuff in the picture (skates, blow torch etc.) it looks like it's the Rangers equipment room not the customizer's facility (Arena Wear). My guess would be that is a pre-season/camp jersey. The Rangers use heat pressed vinyl names on nameplates for pre-season jerseys of player trying out. It would make sense they have the equipment manager add those instead of the customizer.

those indo edges i take it

No, Indo-Edges are retail only. No teams wear Indo-Edge on the ice.

Interesting. I didn't know that the Rangers used vinyl nameplates. I guess that makes sense since the jersey could be reused given that the player is cut. Still not sure why the Vector is uncovered though

Quick question for the Penguin experts. When Malkin raised the cup in 2009, was he wearing a 1.0 or 2.0 jersey? I looked at Gettyimages, but wasn't 100% sure. Looking to fix me up a SC Finals jersey with his name on it. Thanks all!!

Quick question for the Penguin experts. When Malkin raised the cup in 2009, was he wearing a 1.0 or 2.0 jersey? I looked at Gettyimages, but wasn't 100% sure. Looking to fix me up a SC Finals jersey with his name on it. Thanks all!!

I'm pretty sure it was a 2.0. He was wearing one earlier in the series, I can tell you that for sure!