The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Star Game!

That's the ticket. Well then, I have 5 jerseys with the day-glo. Didn't the CBJ 3rds have them as well last year?

That's the ticket. Well then, I have 5 jerseys with the day-glo. Didn't the CBJ 3rds have them as well last year?

CBJ had a beige color (I think). Maybe one of the resident CBJs collectors can confirm.

Off topic, but I received an email from the Senators pro shop today telling me that next year's ASG jerseys will be different than this years and they have not been able to order more. I don't know if it they are just changing the patch or the design itself.

CONFIRMED?

CBJ had a beige color (I think). Maybe one of the resident CBJs collectors can confirm.

Off topic, but I received an email from the Senators pro shop today telling me that next year's ASG jerseys will be different than this years and they have not been able to order more. I don't know if it they are just changing the patch or the design itself.

All 1.0's and 2.0's from this year and last were like this.

P1010541.JPG

I was hoping someone could help identify whether my 2010-2011 Ducks Alternate jersey is 1.0 or 2.0. It seems like it has conflicting characteristics. First off, it's a retail authentic and was purchased shortly after the unveiling, the production date is 9/27/2010. The shoulders and upper arms have the 1.0 fabric, however the entire front panel, lower arms and side panels all have the 2.0 fabric.

7595563436_201061a01e.jpg

7595562464_dc3e240233.jpg

7595561850_2ae060028b.jpg

7595561352_54f2d97b26.jpg

Here's a picture of the front and back fabric together. Both are drastically different than the shoulder material, but are also aesthetically different from each other. The front panel has noticeably smaller horizontal holes and the back has larger vertical holes.

7595560752_0b31f07cc8.jpg

I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

I was hoping someone could help identify whether my 2010-2011 Ducks Alternate jersey is 1.0 or 2.0. It seems like it has conflicting characteristics. First off, it's a retail authentic and was purchased shortly after the unveiling, the production date is 9/27/2010. The shoulders and upper arms have the 1.0 fabric, however the entire front panel, lower arms and side panels all have the 2.0 fabric.

Here's a picture of the front and back fabric together. Both are drastically different than the shoulder material, but are also aesthetically different from each other. The front panel has noticeably smaller horizontal holes and the back has larger vertical holes.

I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

That jersey is a 1.0. The material on the back is the same on both 1.0 and 2.0 jerseys. The material on the shoulders and front is 1.0 material as well. On 2.0 jerseys the shoulders and front would be air-knit like the older 6100 jerseys.

Hope that helps.

Since the Edge 2.0 NHL jerseys are made for team issue, you'll probably never see a 46 or 50 in a 2.0. The exceptions would be those sold to the public in small quantities like the Jets, ASG, and Winter classic jerseys.

The shoulders and upper arms have the 1.0 fabric, however the entire front panel, lower arms and side panels all have the 2.0 fabric.

I think what may be confusing you is that the shoulder and front panels have different textures, but they're actually the same x-trafil material (which is used in all 1.0's). The side panels are made of spandex-containing mesh, which is not the same as the classic air-knit material used in 2.0's- the hole patterns are quite different. Take a look at the close-up photos in this Ryan gamer to see what the air-knit panels look like in a 2.0:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=62&lotid=583

Your 1.0 looks exactly how a 1.0 should look, nothing to worry about.

With the exception of the All-Star, Winter Classic, and first batch of Jets jerseys, Edge 2.0 NHL jerseys still haven't been available for retail sale. So if your jersey has retail neck tagging like shown in the pics of the size 46 Ducks jersey, then it will be an Edge 1.0.

2rcuz9c.jpg

WoUnF.gif

Someone spends WAY too much time on Reddit haha.

Hey guys quick question, New York Rangers EDGE 1.0 (2008/2009) what type of nameplate material was used? And if NHL.com customizes the jersey do the use the correct font and nameplate material on 1.0s?

The Rangers, like many teams, dumped the 1.0's after the first set of 2007-08. I believe all Rangers Edge jerseys from that period, whether 1.0 or 2.0, had Edge mesh namepIates.

I would NEVER trust NHL.com to get anything accurate.

The Rangers, like many teams, dumped the 1.0's after the first set of 2007-08. I believe all Rangers Edge jerseys from that period, whether 1.0 or 2.0, had Edge mesh namepIates.

I would NEVER trust NHL.com to get anything accurate.

Agree. They are very bad on accuracy.

I just saw a 2.0 in person for the first time. These things are amazing, I want one. Too bad it was a Callahan Winter Classic for 400 bucks, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

murphy - where did you see the WC cally? i want it. just sent you a PM. I'm in NY and will go anywhere local to pick it up. thx

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Someone posted the Fall 2012 catalog here a while ago, and the "authentics" listed were 7231 only.

Reebok is not going to invest the time and money moving the production to Indonesia only to bring it back to Canada a year later. B**** and complain all you want but the Indo-Edge is here to stay.

My only comment would be this, when the indo-edge was all we could get for "authentic" jerseys it looked like their was a run on regular edge 1.0's. When those are all dried up I think people will make room in their hearts for the indo-edge. Just my comment

Reebok is not going to invest the time and money moving the production to Indonesia only to bring it back to Canada a year later. B**** and complain all you want but the Indo-Edge is here to stay.

Reebok didn't spend a dime. They have companies that they contract in SE Asia to make their stuff much cheaper due to cheaper labor, including much more automation, than their suppliers in Canada, which use much more expensive labor and use more hand-assembly. I'll bet that the jerseys from Indonesia cost Reebok 10% of what the jerseys made in Canada cost them. That's why they lowered the MRP by $50. They are making much more money on these jerseys, yet they can look like "heroes" because they can lower the selling price. It's all about profit, period.