The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I dont have a 52, but this well help you see how there is like no difference in these things. These 3 all have the same cut pattern so its a good example.

On top is a 54 (white), with a 56 underneath (blue) with a 58 under that (gold).

2lo2lx1.jpg

The length is basically identical, the width is only about 2 inches between 54-58 and the sleeves the same, about 2 inches. The sleeve difference from a 52 to 54 would probably be about 3/4" max, probably only 1/2.

Heres a close up of the sleeves-

2rwb0xk.jpg

Those are good photos for comparison. I've found the same thing with the sizing on the 2.0s. I've got 52s, 54s, 56s, 58s, and a 58+ and while my proper size if I were skating and wearing pads would be a 54, only the 58+ feels ridiculously large on.

Personally, I think if you're going to wear a hockey jersey, it ought to look like you could put your shoulder pads on under it. A form fitting hockey jersey just looks bad.

The 6100s are a different story as well. 52 yes. 54 is stretching it and anything bigger is a tent on me.

No problem at all, I had the same concerns in the past because I just figured they were sized like the 6100s. I missed out on so many deals before I realized that 58s werent so big. I still havent tried a 58+ though, I'd like to because that's what size Knuble and Steckel wear and I really want to get one their jerseys but Im not as excited if its laughably large.

No problem at all, I had the same concerns in the past because I just figured they were sized like the 6100s. I missed out on so many deals before I realized that 58s werent so big. I still havent tried a 58+ though, I'd like to because that's what size Knuble and Steckel wear and I really want to get one their jerseys but Im not as excited if its laughably large.

58 jersey on is on top of 58+ jersey in both pictures.

IMG_8783-1.jpg

IMG_8785.jpg

And Mike, let's not make fun of me for having Cablevision and paying Rick Nash's salaray. You're welcome.

Was this year the first time the Winter Classic retail authentic's were 2.0? The 2010 Bruins retail Wc's were 1.0, right?

I don't think the jerseys in the 2010 WC were released as authentics. The following year Flyers fans bought the road jersey and added the WC patch.

I don't believe the Bruins WCs were retailed in authentics, only premiers.

On a side note, I was at the NHL Store this morning dropping something off for a member, and I looked at the Indo Edges again, and they're really not as bad as I remember them being earlier, and the fight strap looked sewn in exactly the same as a 2.0 I have. I think the original run of Indo's might have been bad but possibly improved on. I don't think I would hesitate to buy one now as long as I inspected it first.

Was this year the first time the Winter Classic retail authentic's were 2.0? The 2010 Bruins retail Wc's were 1.0, right?

The retail Bruins WCs were not 1.0s. If you see a retail with a fight strap, its been faked. They didn't offer an authentic WC at retail, just replica.

Though the replica is actually pretty nice.

335bd8a8.jpg

2acf4f9a.jpg

This would be the 2.0 TI that was discussed in another thread. But these were never available at retail.

file-5.jpg

file-6.jpg

Jerseybaron is posting a ton of 2.0s with retail tagging, including Oilers... going to retail this season? His prices are crazy but it is an awesome sign.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/jerseybaron_com/m.html?item=300768548647&viewitem=&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Jerseybaron is posting a ton of 2.0s with retail tagging, including Oilers... going to retail this season? His prices are crazy but it is an awesome sign.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/jerseybaron_com/m.html?item=300768548647&viewitem=&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

I still find it hard to believe my 2.0 GI blue Rangers Callahan jersey from Steiner was cheaper than his Rangers 2.0's. Where do you think he gets them?

Yeah team issued jerseys are usually a great deal but I agree it is hard to believe you got a deal from Steiner. Even MeiGray is charging pretty goofy prices for Caps game issued jerseys.

I asked what else might be posted and he said Pitt, Wash, Chicago and possibly others. I don't tend to ask sellers like that where they get their stuff since its not really my business but this early in the season and getting retail 2.0s no one else has? He's got a good connection that's for sure.

Yeah, like the new Leafs alternate. He took deposits for them and never delivered. Eventually refunds had to be given out.