The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only one size 46 2.0, and it's an ASG. It's hard to get an accurate wingspan, because the arms really point downward, they're not straight across. It's around 60" from the middle of each sleeve tip to the other. Even the sleeve tips are tapered in opposite directions, so from the top of one sleeve to the other it's more like 62" and from the bottom of the sleeves it's around 57 1/2."

Width is approximately 22.5".

Hello! Brand new to the boards here... but have a question for you all.... Im 6'3" 250 lbs and Im looking at getting a Penguins Authentic jersey (Crosby.... yes yes I know =) )... problem is Im deciding on either a 56 or a 60? Ive found a few sellers on eBay that have em... But was wondering on the actual sizing of them. I have a Luongo Size 56 Edge 1.0 jersey and it was tight as hell on me... then I purchased an Edge 2.0 Henrik Sedin jersey Size 58+ and it fit me perfectly... like I could wear pads etc underneath it.... I have a Luongo jersey Size 56 from the year before the Canucks changed to their new jerseys and before Reebok switched to the Edge series.... and that jersey is spot on perfect on me.....

So Im wondering will a a 56 fit me ok? As does it fit like it did before Reebok switched to the Edge series? Thank you in advance for your answers!!!!!

You can't compare Reebok 6100 (pre-Edge) sizes to the Edge sizes, they are cut quite differently. An Edge 2.0 size 58+ is quite a bit more roomy than a 56 1.0, so if the 2.0 fit you well, then you'd probably want to order a size 60 Pens Edge, assuming it's a 1.0.

Hmm, that's a tough one. I'm 6'0', 200lbs. and wear a size 52 Pens EDGE 1.0. I returned a 54, the sleeves were WAY too long. I'd think you could actually be good with a 56, but a 58 would probably be best. Don't know about the 60, that's gotta be a biggie!

I would have been wondering about that as well, but he did say he already tried a 56 1.0, and that it was "tight as hell." He also tried a 58+ 2.0 which fit perfectly, so to me it seems the logical choice would be a 60 in a 1.0. He's also taller and outweighs you by 50 lbs...

Lol I'm 6'2" 240 and wear a 52...

Does anyone know of a dealer that currently has Minnesota Wild (road) 2.0s in stock? I am looking for one in 46 or 50 and Jersey Express has been expecting restock since April.

Neither Jersey Express nor any other dealer stocks 2.0's; those are not for sale to the general public. Dealers do carry the Indonesian-made Edge, but those are neither 1.0 nor 2.0, just worse quality-wise (and not true authentics, either).

I think a lot of dealers are simply out of them and are waiting for the next restock from Reebok. I could only find a 46 1.0 but it's the older vector model, although better quality than the Indo-Edge:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rbk-EDGE-7187-Minnesota-Wild-AWAY-White-Jersey-46-/290696454342?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43aedbe0c6#ht_3560wt_689

It's a pretty small jersey; if you're over 5'7" and 140, it would probably be too small for you.

Thanks for helping out, I want the new wordmark style jerseys because the player I am getting on it did not wear the vector jerseys. I'll probably just pre-order with Jersey Express.

Did you try StitchesNJ? It wouldn't hurt to give them a call to see if they have it in stock. I wouldn't get it customized there but they do sell jerseys.

http://www.stitchesnj.com/Minnesota-Wild-Reebok-EDGE-2-NEW-2011-12---_p_39.html

Any time, glad to be of help.

• 2 weeks later...

Agh ok.... was so confused with my first post.... =) Ok so there's 3 different types of Edge jerseys right? Edge (the spandex type material), Edge 1.0 (like the old Reebok fabric from the 6100s kinda?) and Edge 2.0 (like the 1.0 but a bit lighter)?

OK so my Sedin Canucks 58+ is a 7187 so that makes it an Edge 1.0 right? Cos I can see on the tag inside the next under 58+ it says 7187M I think it was

I had a Luongo Canucks 56... when the NHL switched to the new Reebok Edge series... that spandex stretchy type stuff... so would that be just the Edge? That one was the one that was as tight as hell on me... back when the Canucks changed to the blue jerseys.

Then I just purchased an Authentic Penguins 60 7231 so that guy is the Edge 2.0 then?

Hope that all makes sense?

So if I was to pick up a 7187 say size 60... that should fit me similar to my Sedin 58+ 7187 right???

The "authentic" Penguins you purchased is toilet paper, but that's goes for any Penguins jersey.

Don't pay attention to the neck tag for the code.

The "spandex stretchy" type stuff you are referring to is the xtrafil that was used in EDGE 1.0s that was done away with in gamers early in its first season, except the Edmonton Oilers and a few players including the assclown the Capitals just overpaid. These are the 7187 jerseys.

The EDGE jerseys reverting to airknit found in most gamers and or GI since then are the EDGE 2.0s. These are the 7287 jerseys and have not been retailed in the NHL outside of special event jerseys with small production runs.

The 7231 is the Indonesian-made EDGE jerseys that were retailed as "authentic" but are inferior in both materials and construction to the Canadian-made 7187s and 7287s.

58+ is basically 60.

There are 3 Edge jerseys:

1.0 (7187) - smooth material

2.0 (7287) - airknit material (like the old Reebok fabric)

Indo (7231) -airknit material, but made in Indonesia

The neck tag of 1.0s and 2.0s both say 7187A (size 56 and smaller) or 7187H (sz 58 and larger)

The Penguins is an Indo Edge

The tight Luongo is likely a 1.0

The 58+ might be a 2.0.

OK so my Sedin Canucks 58+ is a 7187 so that makes it an Edge 1.0 right? Cos I can see on the tag inside the next under 58+ it says 7187M I think it was

As others have said, both Edge 1.0's and 2.0's have the 7187 in the tag. All you have to do to tell them apart is look at the material in the front panel of the jersey, as well as the arms. The 2.0's have air-knit, while the 1.0's have x-trafil, the stretchy stuff. If you want some good pictures illustrating this on a Canucks jersey, see this article:

http://prostocknation.wordpress.com/2010/07/30/pro-stock-jerseys-edge-vs-edge-2-0/

Uh Oh Guam's a Flyers fan... haha! :P Im a Canucks fan at heart.... but want to be rooting for another team this year too! :) It was a toss up between the Flyers and Pens.... dont be mad! HA!

Hmmmm... ok so then maybe my Sedin 58+ is a 2.0 and a 7287? Just as that jersey and my Pens 60 jersey... the fabric is the same.... but the Pens one feels a bit lighter then the Canucks one? As Guam mentioned toiler paper thin... and he's right its fairly thin...

So all 7187's are that spandex type/xtrafil fabric.... like I had for my Luongo and being a 56 was tight.... so if I get a 7187 best bet is a 60 then....

Then I just purchased an Authentic Penguins 60 7231 so that guy is the Edge 2.0 then?

Does it have a God-awful day-glo green stripe on the inside collar?

If yes, it's an Indo-EDGE

Uh Oh Guam's a Flyers fan... haha! :P

2rcuz9c.jpg

A Flyers fan, you say? Hmmm....sounds like he and I have some things to discuss...

WoUnF.gif

Does it have a God-awful day-glo green stripe on the inside collar?

If yes, it's an Indo-EDGE

I have at least one jersey with the day-glo stripe that isn't an Indo.