The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6100's are really huge and baggy. They're square-cut with super-wide arms so they feel much looser than Edges, which are more form-fitting. I'd say that just as an approximation, a given size 6100 might be comparable to an Edge 2.0 that's 2 numeric sizes (steps) bigger (e.g., size 52 6100 vs. size 56 Edge 2.0).

How does a size 58 2.0 feel? looser than a 56 in a 6100?

I have a 56 6100 and a 58 2.0, and while the 6100 is looser, I think that they are relatively similar in size.

EDIT: Well just to update, I went and tried on my jerseys, since I haven't worn my Jagr (my 56 6100) jersey in a while, and either I've lost weight or the jersey is a bit larger than I remember. The 56 6100 is definitely looser than a 58 2.0. I also put on my 58+ 2.0, and think that the 56 6100 may be a bit bigger/looser than that too.

Edited by NYRangers_fan1994

Heres a pic I posted a while back. Its an Edge 2.0 size 58 on top of a 6100 size 52. If youre looking for a big size jersey, 6100s are definitely the way to go.

4vn1n5.jpg

Hey canescop86, that's me on eBay. You are free to think what you want.

Plenty of people bought these to trade for other things that I'm certain are worth more than $50. And I'm sure people have sold jerseys at a profit before. There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

As I said you're entitled to your opinion but I just wanted to be clear I'm not hiding from the fact that its me reselling them and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Hey canescop86, that's me on eBay. You are free to think what you want.

Plenty of people bought these to trade for other things that I'm certain are worth more than $50. And I'm sure people have sold jerseys at a profit before. There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

As I said you're entitled to your opinion but I just wanted to be clear I'm not hiding from the fact that its me reselling them and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

I appreciate you being honest about it but have you offered to trade them or sale them on the board yet? I'm sure there are many people that would Rather trade a jersey they spent more on if they were trading it for a jersey like a 2.0. To me it's different then putting it up on eBay for a $150.00 profit. Most people have some trade bait laying around but not 200.00 There were a lot of other jersey enthusiast on this board that would jumped at the chance to get them but maybe life got in the way before they could get online. I think that would been a good opportunity to help your fellow jersey collector while still making a reasonable profit. I didn't see you post them for sale on here before you put the on eBay, if you did forgive me. I wouldn't mind paying around 120 for a jersey if I knew you got it for 50.00 I think 70 bucks is on the high end of a fair profit.

You weren't the only one that marked them up that much either so I'm not just singling you out. Like you pointed it out its one mans opinion. I'm all for making a reasonable profit but not at the expense of other jersey collectors especially since your a member. Just my opinion and I retract my scumbag comment since you had the the cahones to stand up and admit that you were selling them. It's more then most would do.

I appreciate you being honest about it but have you offered to trade them or sale them on the board yet? I'm sure there are many people that would Rather trade a jersey they spent more on if they were trading it for a jersey like a 2.0. To me it's different then putting it up on eBay for a $150.00 profit. Most people have some trade bait laying around but not 200.00 There were a lot of other jersey enthusiast on this board that would jumped at the chance to get them but maybe life got in the way before they could get online. I think that would been a good opportunity to help your fellow jersey collector while still making a reasonable profit. I didn't see you post them for sale on here before you put the on eBay, if you did forgive me. I wouldn't mind paying around 120 for a jersey if I knew you got it for 50.00 I think 70 bucks is on the high end of a fair profit.

You weren't the only one that marked them up that much either so I'm not just singling you out. Like you pointed it out its one mans opinion. I'm all for making a reasonable profit but not at the expense of other jersey collectors especially since your a member. Just my opinion and I retract my scumbag comment since you had the the cahones to stand up and admit it. It's more then most would do.

eBay and Paypal take a hefty percentage, so he's not exactly pocketing $150 from the sale through eBay if the item sells for $200, and I'm sure if you worked out a deal with him here, directly through Paypal, that price would drop significantly. That IS helping a board member. In fact, it's a win-win for both of you.

FYI, A few months ago, he had access to jerseys through a local merchant that we didn't know about, told us what they were charging, and STILL went out of his way to keep the cost down and sell them to us, shipped and all. That was also helping fellow collectors.

At least you've put up the "Make Offer" option. Many jersey sellers on eBay don't even do that.

All of my jerseys always have the "Best Offer" option. I may list them for a higher end Buy It Now price, but I negotiate on every single jersey. For example, I just had a Selanne Wild Wing listed for $700 OBO. I ended up selling it for $600. So I may shoot for a higher end price in case someone hits Buy It Now, but I leave plenty of room for negotiating.

You weren't the only one that marked them up that much either so I'm not just singling you out. Like you pointed it out its one mans opinion. I'm all for making a reasonable profit but not at the expense of other jersey collectors especially since your a member. Just my opinion and I retract my scumbag comment since you had the the cahones to stand up and admit it. It's more then most would do.

Thanks for retracting and understanding. I didn't list them here for sale because my goal is not to sell to board members at a great profit. If there are people on here who want one of the jerseys or have things to trade, they are more than welcome to offer them to me, or make offers on here on the jerseys. I've been fair in all of my sales to members thus far, and will continue to do so in the future. Also, in reference to the "not able to make it to the computer in time" I'm pretty sure that each jersey I have for sale from Meigray is still available from Meigray, so people should still be able to get them for the $50 price tag. I'm not positive on that, but I think they're still there.

Again, thanks for understanding.

eBay and Paypal take a hefty percentage, so he's not exactly pocketing $150 from the sale through eBay if the item sells for $200, and I'm sure if you worked out a deal with him here, directly through Paypal, that price would drop significantly. That IS helping a board member. In fact, it's a win-win for both of you.

FYI, A few months ago, he had access to jerseys through a local merchant that we didn't know about, told us what they were charging, and STILL went out of his way to keep the cost down and sell them to us, shipped and all. That was also helping fellow collectors.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I flip jerseys too. It's the only way to explain why my actual collection is as nice as it is. I didn't buy any extras from the sale, just my Rangers white 56. I am tempted to get a black Dallas 2.0,but I already have too many jerseys as is.

I thought of flipping some of these, then just decided I already have 40 or so I need to sell already, so let other people (members especially) grab on to them while they can at a great price.

One thing I respect that Dan does is that he doesn't post the jerseys in the "It arrived thread" and then immediately posts them for sale on here. The only way I can afford to buy jerseys is to buy some/sell some. I never post stuff in the "It Arrived" thread and then immediately put it in another thread to put it for sale/on eBay. Also, Dan really does look out for the collectors on here. There were a couple of times he saw Isles things and told me about them. Very classy.

If someone gets a good deal on somethng and puts it up for sale, they are entitled to get fair market value for it. What the seller paid should not be a factor in the resale value. If I see something I want for sale, Im going to buy it. For my 48 fishermans, I managed to get them for $30/ea. If I listed them for sale, would it be wrong to ask $150ish for them? No! It's a fair price.

It would be sad if we had to start a "It didn't arrive today" thread.

I meant in the regards of posting a jersey and saying "Here is this pretty jersey...It's up for sale" or "Here is this pretty jersey" *checks eBay* "There's __________ pretty jersey!"

I meant in the regards of posting a jersey and saying "Here is this pretty jersey...It's up for sale" or "Here is this pretty jersey" *checks eBay* "There's __________ pretty jersey!"

I knew what you meant. I was just laughing my Arse off when I thought that was what I saw. Lol

Why in the world do you have 48 fishermans?!

Why in the world wouldn't I have 48 fishermen?

My *pair* of size 48 fishermans. That was horrible wording on my behalf!

He's a fan of seamen.

Oh for sure. Being a seaman is in my blood.

Why in the world do you have 48 fishermans?!

That's like 48 too many!!

?

Why in the world wouldn't I have 48 fishermen?

My *pair* of size 48 fishermans. That was horrible wording on my behalf!

Oh for sure. Being a seaman is in my blood.

Ah, so it was just bad grammar!