DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

I'd be interested in a plate as well but I'd need 11 letters in size...when mine arrives I plan on contacting the company that did the customization for olympics out in BC and see if they still can/cost

For those interested in Swift nameplates for Team Canada Olympic jerseys, Central Crests in Vancouver says they have Swift material. An authentic kit for the 2010's is around $70, and kit plus stitching is $100. Quite expensive, but if you're considering paying $20 additional just for a plate, it's really not so bad. Since they were the original Olympics customizer, I may end up going through them.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From my research, it does not appear as if they wore sleeve numbers on the WJC red (current) thirds. I might just get a kit from EPS and go without a plate. It shouldn't be that expensive if it is just back numbers and a name

Wondering if Central Crests would give us a better rate if we sent in like 20 Canada jerseys. Hmmmmmmm.

I saw that too, and was(and partly still am) interested in it, but I cannot find any info on the net anywhere. I tried looking for past rosters, thinking maybe it was a GI or TI jersey, but, so far, cannot find any info.

Seller says they got it at an auction, it's a 58G, and says it is from a charity game. Likely worn by the cousin of a Hamilton radio jock who was able to play between the pipes that night.

Wondering if Central Crests would give us a better rate if we sent in like 20 Canada jerseys. Hmmmmmmm.

I've used Central Crests a few times. They try to do their best, but they've screwed up a couple of my jerseys pretty bad. They had the "oh well it's on there now" response as well. They are absolutely HORRIBLE with communication. But they did do the Olympic jerseys. I doubt they would do a deal on customization, but it may be worth a try depending on how many people we can get together for this.

I've used Central Crests a few times. They try to do their best, but they've screwed up a couple of my jerseys pretty bad. They had the "oh well it's on there now" response as well. They are absolutely HORRIBLE with communication. But they did do the Olympic jerseys. I doubt they would do a deal on customization, but it may be worth a try depending on how many people we can get together for this.

I wouldn't send my jersey to them to have them do the work. If they won't sell me just the kit I will not use them. I have the capabilities of putting on my own kits so that is my way of making sure nothing goes on my jerseys unless I have a look at it first.

If anybody needs a hand getting a kit from them I can help out. Numerous members on here have helped me with kits over the years so I only see it fair to return the favour. Fire me a PM and we can figure it out. Actual kit and shipping costs, no "finders fee" or any of that trash.

I've used Central Crests a few times. They try to do their best, but they've screwed up a couple of my jerseys pretty bad. They had the "oh well it's on there now" response as well.

That doesn't sound too good. Were your problems due to inaccurate fonts, or poor quality workmanship? Did they absolutely refuse to fix the problems? I've never used them before. The Olympics font looks pretty simple; I would hope that as the official customizer they wouldn't screw it up.

If anybody needs a hand getting a kit from them I can help out. Numerous members on here have helped me with kits over the years so I only see it fair to return the favour. Fire me a PM and we can figure it out. Actual kit and shipping costs, no "finders fee" or any of that trash.

Anyone have experience with EPS for the Canada jerseys? I have read the nameplate is close but not exact. I would rather avoid Central Crests from the sounds of it.

Anyone have experience with EPS for the Canada jerseys? I have read the nameplate is close but not exact. I would rather avoid Central Crests from the sounds of it.

I had them do the Crosby I used to own. The namplate was not the right material and the shoulder 8's were a little off as well. There was a seller on ebay about a year ago that was selling kits and had the right material but I don't remember the username. I bought the replacement nameplate off them and it was the right material.

I had them do the Crosby I used to own. The namplate was not the right material and the shoulder 8's were a little off as well. There was a seller on ebay about a year ago that was selling kits and had the right material but I don't remember the username. I bought the replacement nameplate off them and it was the right material.

Is this the company that you're thinking of?

http://stores.ebay.com/Rocky-Mountain-Sports-Marketing?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

That doesn't sound too good. Were your problems due to inaccurate fonts, or poor quality workmanship? Did they absolutely refuse to fix the problems? I've never used them before. The Olympics font looks pretty simple; I would hope that as the official customizer they wouldn't screw it up.

Fonts being too big. The workmanship was standard. To be fair to Central Crests, I didn't provide them with letter measurements or anything that specific. I gave them pictures of the exact gamers I was asking them to replicate. I may have been able to work out a deal with a re-do, but to be honest I just wanted to get my jerseys and peace. I kind of felt I was pushing my luck by asking them to customize these jerseys. They were older style Canucks jerseys and all I had them doing for me previously were patches and the odd nameplate. They do do some of the call up and last minute game jerseys for the Canucks, so they have the Edge material and can customize those perfectly. I would presume they can do the Team Canada Olympic jerseys to spec. But honestly, it never ceases to amaze me what customizers in general can screw up. I've asked them once or twice and they always insist they have the swift material for those. Next time I'm down there I'll ask them to show me first hand.

Is this the company that you're thinking of?

http://stores.ebay.c...=p2047675.l2563

Nope. It wasn't a store. It was an individual who said they got the material straight from Nike.

I would presume they can do the Team Canada Olympic jerseys to spec.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to give them a try with the Team Canada one, but if they give me something other than a Swift nameplate, I'll be pretty p.o.'d.

Can someone with a 54 Olympic Canada jersey measure pit to pit for me?I have one on the way but I'm scared its too small from talking to people with swift jerseys. I wear a 50 in edge 2.0