DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

Are they actually selling at those prices, Cowboys? I'm not surprised to see the $300+ listings, but I'd be surprised if a bunch sold for that.

So, with these Olympics jerseys flying around, anyone with an extra Red want to sacrifice it for nameplates? ;) I'd be in. Both olympics had red plates, so a bunch of people should need them.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just had a good look at the red's I have. To me it looks like you can get 6 plates of it easy. 1 would be long enough for 8 (maybe 9) letters, 3 would be good for 7 (maybe 8) letters, and two would be good for 6 letters. You can probably squeeze two more plates off it for a 4 or 5 letter name. If you can get commitments for 8 plates at $20 per then it would be worth it for someone to cut one up. If anyone does I will pay for a 6 letter right now

If anyone wants to discuss buying one of these (either red or white) to cut up for nameplates, let me know.

While I bought the jerseys for my business, I'm still willing to work with board members to sell them for less than I will on eBay and I understand that Swift material is very hard to come by in any color.

So if people need red nameplates and want to pool their money to cut one of these up, or if people need white and want to cut one of those up (if they match several teams), let me know.

Please note, I can't cut the jersey up and make the plates. I'll work with someone to sell it off so that they can cut it up and send out plates to people.

I just had a good look at the red's I have. To me it looks like you can get 6 plates of it easy. 1 would be long enough for 8 (maybe 9) letters, 3 would be good for 7 (maybe 8) letters, and two would be good for 6 letters. You can probably squeeze two more plates off it for a 4 or 5 letter name. If you can get commitments for 8 plates at $20 per then it would be worth it for someone to cut one up. If anyone does I will pay for a 6 letter right now

I would def take one...would need one long enough for 6 letters. They used nameplates on the red Alts right?

I'd be interested in a plate as well but I'd need 11 letters in size...when mine arrives I plan on contacting the company that did the customization for olympics out in BC and see if they still can/cost

You weren't here when he was posting, he was a jerk to pretty much everybody.

He's had his good days and he's had his bad days.

Incorrect, I've been a member here longer than you have.

Just because you've only had good dealings with a member, or you haven't witnessed any negativity from said member, doesn't mean others haven't had bad dealings, and/or experienced some negative posts here and there.

I've dealt with him in the past quite a few times and I've experienced both sides.

If he wants to come on and defend himself he can, and if any member has any new negative experiences with him because of a failed transaction (or other), then they can post it in the feedback thread accordingly.

But for now, do you guys mind letting this go? ...pls and thank you.

Nice deal and nice jersey and I can probably walk to that guys place, but I have no idea who #31 Maxwell is that would require a goalie jersey in the last season or two. I'm not up on my Bulldogs knowledge, but I couldn't find any info.

Asked on the wantlist, but no dice. What's the average price for an '03-04 Habs CCM white vintage (pref. 48)? Just wondering if I should go for replicas of both the '03-04 jerseys instead. hockeyjerseyoutlet on the 'Bay seems to be the best value ($90 a pop).

Ok i know this is going to start a chit storm but i have to say it, I find it kind of chitty that dsl and others use the board to get information and go out buy jerseys so they can then turn around and flip them for money.

In the past there was a Habs jersey i wanted DSL bought the whole lot out at a store when i offered to pay his cost plus a modest 15% -20% finders fee. He politely declined and said he could sell the jersey for double my offer on the bay.

Dsl and others are free to do what they want no different from meigray or classic auctions in game worn. Where i have an issue is DSL and others are acting like dealers and collectors, this forum is not for dealers its for collectors. Before anyone rants on me that everyone can do what they want , my point is not that DSL or anyone else cant or shouldnt do what they are doing. My point is that using the forum to flip jerseys is kind of crappy.

Anyway i said it and i stand by it, agree or disagree it is my humble opinion. For the record i have bought thing for many members on this board and could have sold it for double on the bay but i didnt .i would say 9 out of 10 times those people have done a solid for me.

if an outlet sells jerseys at a fraction of the cost near my area rest assured i would share with everyone. By the way i dont want any of the jerseys being discussed and i was not infering or saying DSL is selling jerseys for double what he paid them, he did however do it with the habs jerseys.

anyway hope you had a great happy new year

all the best

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I can say that I don't treat this forum as a dealer, in my opinion. I collect just as much as I sell, and I participate in many threads that can show that.

I was the one that found the deal on the Canadiens jerseys. I didn't take that info from someone on this forum and use it. In this case, yes, I did. This would be the first time that has happened, actually. If one instance means that your opinion of me is that I'm not treating the forum as a collector, but rather as a dealer, then that is your opinion.

I've been very upfront with everyone about the fact that I have been selling jerseys as my job for the past few months. Again, you're entitled to your opinion, but I just wanted to explain that I don't feel I'm treating the forum as a dealer, because I am a collector, and that is what brought me here in the first place.

There is a selling section of this forum, and I guarantee there are people who are selling jerseys for more than they paid for them there. Being collectors doesn't mean that any jersey purchased has to be sold for the same price, or even for a moderate profit. If someone finds a steal on a Burger King jersey, they wouldn't then turn around and sell it for a moderate profit. They would sell it for what it is worth. Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but buying jerseys in bulk doesn't change that in my opinion. With some of my jerseys, they're priced to cover eBay fees, and the fact that I will need to move down and accept offers. I'm sure with what I end up selling them for, if someone walked into a store and saw the jersey for that price, they'd snap it up. Like you said, everyone is free to do what they want. If I get stuck with these jerseys, no one has to even offer me a modest profit on them. That's the risk I'm taking by doing this.

I knew there would be some who wouldn't be happy about this, so I'm not shocked to see your post. Everyone can have their opinion of this. I'm fine with that.

Nice deal and nice jersey and I can probably walk to that guys place, but I have no idea who #31 Maxwell is that would require a goalie jersey in the last season or two. I'm not up on my Bulldogs knowledge, but I couldn't find any info.

Ben Maxwell

And wasn't on the team last year. Given the wordmarked jersey. I emailed the guy and he said his Dad bought it from a charity auction and was only assuming it was game worn given the fact that it had light wear. Was there some sort of charity game, or something?

And wasn't on the team last year. Given the wordmarked jersey. I emailed the guy and he said his Dad bought it from a charity auction and was only assuming it was game worn given the fact that it had light wear. Was there some sort of charity game, or something?

It honestly looks like the warm-up Crunch jersey i owned. Its tough to tell from the pictures though. It should have sponsor patches and stuff if it was a gamer.

Hamilton Bulldogs Gamer - $130

Kijiji

I saw that too, and was(and partly still am) interested in it, but I cannot find any info on the net anywhere. I tried looking for past rosters, thinking maybe it was a GI or TI jersey, but, so far, cannot find any info.

Disregard what i said, i see the patches on the rear hem. They're under the guy's feet and the jersey is partially folded. It would be from 2011-2012 cause it has the wordmark.