It is good or not?

lafountain

Haha thanks, was out all night and just got in. Nice Hershey shirt for sure and a 2.0 but I have a Matty P gamer in that style, not to say I wouldnt have went for it though!

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

This isn't really an ebay question but I have a friend who's sun is a huge rangers fan, and he is looking to get him a jersey but he really doesn't have the money to do it after some job problems, if I had one I would give it to him but I don't. He recently discovered this website called www.siamtradingpost.com . I am curious if you guys know anything about it so I can save him from a case of identity theft or something else.

Thanks

Hi guys,

This isn't really an ebay question but I have a friend who's sun is a huge rangers fan, and he is looking to get him a jersey but he really doesn't have the money to do it after some job problems, if I had one I would give it to him but I don't. He recently discovered this website called www.siamtradingpost.com . I am curious if you guys know anything about it so I can save him from a case of identity theft or something else.

Thanks

Not sure what that site has to do with Rangers jerseys but uh, well, identity theft is bad, mmkay.

tumblr_mlrzsbPFZJ1s4mo9mo1_500.jpg

There are lots of hockey (and other sports) jerseys available if you peruse the site. Nothing but stock photos, so who knows what you'd be getting. I wouldn't take a chance; better to buy from a known legitimate site.

I bought from Siam Trading Post back in my younger days. It will be a fake, no doubt. Everything on their site is fake, and will be a "reproduction" as they like to call it. Don't go there.

I did find it interesting that they carry Brodeur sizes (up to 10x)

Is that why Avery called him "fatso"?...............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-Phoenix-Coyotes-Doan-Roenick-Jersey-Authentic-Signed-Large-Green-Autographed-/200956472258?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ec9f06bc2

Don't suppose there are any autograph experts in here? The guy said that he got it from a season ticket holder and thinks the auto's are all legit but has never had it checked out. Also said if I had it checked out and it was fake he would refund+shipping but that is alot of my time and let me tell you that time is valuable ;). Thinking about buying it for my by brother as a bday/xmas present and having it framed or something. Any opinions haha?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-Phoenix-Coyotes-Doan-Roenick-Jersey-Authentic-Signed-Large-Green-Autographed-/200956472258?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ec9f06bc2

Don't suppose there are any autograph experts in here? The guy said that he got it from a season ticket holder and thinks the auto's are all legit but has never had it checked out. Also said if I had it checked out and it was fake he would refund+shipping but that is alot of my time and let me tell you that time is valuable ;). Thinking about buying it for my by brother as a bday/xmas present and having it framed or something. Any opinions haha?

a ) would anyone fake a Letowski, Ylonen, Suchy, etc, autos just to pass the bigger names? (see c )

b ) chances are, if the team's all around to sign a jersey, they're not really taking the time to practice they're best cursive, so comparing to other sigs out there may not be a great way to confirm legitimacy

c ) he's only asking $150 obo...some folks out there ask $150 for a blank replica jersey sans sigs, so I'm doubting this guy's trying to fleece anyone

d ) all of the above

I'd say it's probably legit, but either way, it'll look good framed...I mean, who's going to tell you or your brother that it's fake?

Hi guys,

Wondering if you can help me out on this issue. I tracked down a jersey on ebay from a seller called pro-jerseys. I dont know anything about him, but what I found really odd was that I found what seems to be the same jersey on sears.com (I didnt even know they sold Campbell Conference all-star jerseys).

Here is the url for the ebay listing, http://www.ebay.com/itm/WAYNE-GRETZKY-1984-Campbell-All-Star-CCM-Vintage-Throwback-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-/300957389627?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&var=&hash=item461275533b, and here is the listing on sears.com http://www.sears.com/ccm-wayne-gretzky-1984-campbell-nhl-all-star/p-000000000000000037920000000000WGCA1984JHP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks guys

It is the same jersey, and the pictures are even the same. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same seller as well; on the Sears site it says "sold by Vintage Jerseys." Perhaps the Sears website also features listings from individual sellers like Amazon does with its Marketplace sellers.

Although the photos seem to indicate that the jersey is a legitimate replica, the eBay listings for this company look suspiciously like those of a company called Custom Throwback Jerseys, with very similar (if not exact) wording in their product descriptions. I did not have a good experience with that company, and I am very suspicious that Pro-Jerseys may be that same company. I may be wrong, but in any case that's a lot of money to pay for a replica, which may possibly turn out to be quite different from what you expect, which was the case with the jersey I ordered from CTJ.

Although the photos seem to indicate that the jersey is a legitimate replica, the eBay listings for this company look suspiciously like those of a company called Custom Throwback Jerseys, with very similar (if not exact) wording in their product descriptions. I did not have a good experience with that company, and I am very suspicious that Pro-Jerseys may be that same company.

LAK is correct, they are the same company. This was researched a while back when someone was asking about the other "projerseys" on ebay:

Seller Id "pro-jerseys" on eBay is a Canadian company (customthrowbackjerseys.com)

Seller Id "projerseys" on eBay, is a New York area company (pro-jerseys.com)

Both are legitimate retailers (in the sense that they don't sell fakes) however neither is known for being 100% accurate in their customization and both focus almost exclusively on replica jerseys.

Real or fake? From what I can see of the fight strap it looks suspect...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251321279032

Fake. You posted the same crap last week. Same seller, same crappy jerseys. Stay away.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005GXRUCC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1377924724&sr=8-1π=AC_SX110_SY165

I know its an indo edge but for 86 bucks can it be that bad of a purchase? Just wondering

If I scored a deal on an Indo Edge I would make it the one I wear.

From what I hear they are put together well just slight differences in material.

That is a great deal and the majority on this board would agree with the team choice.

The Indo's actually aren't that bad. The NHL Store here has a pair of Wings Winter Classic Indo's that looked to be well made, aside from the obvious differences. I wouldn't buy one unless I got an uber-deal on it though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/pre-owned-youths-Starter-Buffalo-Sabers-Dominek-Hasek-hockey-jersey-size-L-XL-/130964310341?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1e7e14c945

Did Starter ever manufacture Buffalo jerseys? It looks legit, but...

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not thinking of getting this. It's way too small. I just wanted clarification on whether or not Starter ever made their jerseys.

That's a replica jersey. Starter made replicas of all teams .

That's a replica jersey. Starter made replicas of all teams .

So a different company made the ones used in the games? If so, I'm guessing it was CCM and/or Pro Player?

And telling by the Western Conference logo, this is around 1996-98.

In the late 90's you had CCM, Nike, Bauer, Starter, and eventually ProPlayer (after Starter's demise) making the game jerseys and authentics for various teams. CCM, Starter, and ProPlayer also made replicas of all of the teams.

Starting in 2000-01, all teams jerseys were made by The Hockey Company who owned both CCM and Koho. The home whites were CCM, the dark away jerseys and 3rd jerseys were Koho. The same held true for replicas. In 2004 just prior to the lockout, Reebok bought The Hockey Company. For the 2005-06 & 2006-07 seasons, they kept the authentic jerseys the same, simply replacing CCM and Koho with the Reebok vector. Replicas were still branded CCM. In 2007-08 came the dark ages the Reebok Edge and both authentics and replicas were crap branded with the Reebok vector. Starting with the 2011-12 season the vector was replaced with the Reebok wordmark.

I'm pretty sure this is a fake (Toews) because the letters seem a bit blocky, but I will continue to defer to community judgment to be safe

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11999701@N05/9671257665/

Thanks guys

Yeah, it's pretty bad...