It is good or not?

lafountain

Fake, but one of the better ones I've seen. The fight strap stitching is always a dead giveaway.

Yep bad fight strap stitching.... Fake...

NHL Crest on front looks bogus as well...

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The A is wrong, but interestingly enough the rest of the lettering is correct, but for a CCM, only from 1996-97.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/rightwinger-owen-nolan-of-the-san-jose-sharks-and-st-louis-news-photo/287743

There's no doubt it's team-issued, so if it were my jersey I wouldn't really care if it were a regular road jersey with a WC patch stitched on, it's basically the same thing. If it still matters to you, when you get the jersey check the born-on date sticker on the wash tag or the sleeve tags. If the date is in 2009, then it would have been team-issued for the game. But if it has a born-on date after the game (2010-11), then there would be no doubt it's a regular season road jersey with a patch added later.

It finally arrived today-- the date on the back of the tag is 28-10-09, and from the other tags I have it seems the convention is to have the year last so I believe it is indeed from 2009!

wOoT, thanks for the help guys

It finally arrived today-- the date on the back of the tag is 28-10-09, and from the other tags I have it seems the convention is to have the year last so I believe it is indeed from 2009!

wOoT, thanks for the help guys

Nice! Who are you going to get? I'd say go with bobby Clarke!

I'll be darned- it really is a WC team-issued. Enjoy!

Thanks guys-- I haven't decided on who yet, I was thinking of just sticking with Giroux since I don't have an authentic of his yet-- I already have a Timonen inbound and since Voracek didn't play in the 2010 winter classic I can't do that

As a Flyers fan I naturally love Bobby Clarke, but I just wouldn't feel right with his name on that jersey, idk maybe I'm weird-- I'll definitely have to get a Clarke jersey at some point tho : )

Hmmm, that is an option-- I already have replica jerseys of Pronger and Richards and the fact that they aren't on the team is a bit upsetting so I'm also wary to go for them-- Maybe I'll put it to a family vote or something, you're really making my decision process difficult : )

. It actually is team issued. Nice!

There's a ton of great options for that jersey, really. Pronger, Richards, Hartnell, Laperriere, Timonen, Gagne, Briere, Giroux, and of course Leighton (heh).

If you wanted to go off the wall with it, you could get Syvret. The only Flyers goal scorer.

I have a blank replica to still get done (already have Pronger and Richards). Haven't decided who will go on that.

I eventually want to get a 52 or 54 authentic and get a Giroux done up (as I work on my Giroux collection).

We were just talking about those vintage jerseys a couple weeks ago. If they have the grey neck tag number size and a fight strap they are pretty much guaranteed to be a fake if i remember correctly

I found this LecCair jersey on ebay and I've been wanting one for a while. I know the flyers wore Nike jerseys in the 99/00 season but was LeClair ever captain???

Did they wear the CCM's in '98?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Authentic-John-LeClair-Philadelphia-Flyers-jersey-/161091132567?pt=US_Mens_Athleticwear&hash=item2581c79c97

Thanks

That's actually a 1999-2000 jersey. Flyers stopped using Nike after 98/99. Still wasn't captain though.

Yeah, the patch solidifies it's from 1999-2000. The crest patch is the more-angular version of the regular Flyers logo that they only put on their jerseys, which is the one thing you have to look out for in Flyers jerseys made since the 1982-83 season, which was when they first started using that specific logo. Always keep that in mind. Always.

According to this, the jersey you got there is the real deal, though since LeClair was never a captain on the team, that may raise suspicion. Perhaps the "C" patch was just sewn on after. Maybe the 2000 patch was sewn on later as well, who knows. Either way, you might get a few sarcastic smirks from pure Philly fans who know their history. Other than that I'd say it's 100% legit.

I understand these are both reproductions, but I'm not familiar with them enough to tell the fakes. The fight straps look pretty much the same as most knock offs. You can see the stitching through the jersey, and it looks suspect.

Are these fakes or does CCM just suck and put crappy fight straps in their vintage repros? (This wouldn't surprise me...)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251321279032?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251326387770

I would appreciate insight from anyone who knows a little more about vintage reproductions.

Thanks

In the legit authentic Vintage Hockey jerseys, CCM used the same high quality fight straps found in their regular issue 1990's and 2000's jerseys. If you see a "CCM Vintage" jersey with a crappy fight strap, it's either a knockoff (not legit), or possibly an official replica that someone tried to put a fight strap on, like that d-bag on eBay, oilerstitans does.

Legit Vintage authentics also have NHL shields on the hem next to the CCM logo, and a Vintage Hockey neck tag with blue borders on the top and bottom.

In the legit authentic Vintage Hockey jerseys, CCM used the same high quality fight straps found in their regular issue 1990's and 2000's jerseys. If you see a "CCM Vintage" jersey with a crappy fight strap, it's either a knockoff (not legit), or possibly an official replica that someone tried to put a fight strap on, like that d-bag on eBay, oilerstitans does.

Legit Vintage authentics also have NHL shields on the hem next to the CCM logo, and a Vintage Hockey neck tag with blue borders on the top and bottom.

Thanks man, I appreciate the info. As I figured then, but that helps for the future.

Not an expert on AHL jerseys but this looks like a steal if you have some Tide handy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hershey-Bears-Jersey-/221274511397?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3384fd1825