It is good or not?

lafountain

There isn't any question that the jersey is a legit authentic, but whether it's really a Finals Game-issued one is another matter. I would think that if it had been Finals-issued, it would have a Cutting Edge "Stanley Cup Finals" tag in the hem, like the other Lightning Finals gamers. Even if it were a regular season game-issued and someone added the patch later, it would still have a Cutting Edge set tag on it. And since Tampa Bay was a MeiGray team at that time, you would think that the jersey would also have a MeiGray tag on it as well. Since the seller doesn't mention any of these things and has no other proof, I would not assume it's game-issued.

image_zps12813dda.jpg

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This old Yotes third.

The collar is a different color than what I've seen is the actual color. Other than that it looks legit. It's something minor, but is it good?

It's a legit replica. Starter made tons of replicas where accuracy wasn't 100%

This old Yotes third.

The collar is a different color than what I've seen is the actual color. Other than that it looks legit. It's something minor, but is it good?

I have one of those lol

I have one of those lol

Lucky! I always loved crazy thirds like this, the Lightning Storm, the Pens mid 90's alt, heck, even the Fishermen. :P They're colorful and unique, and while some may not look that great on the ice, I think they raise the bar on the whole jerseys-as-a-fashion-statement deal. :P I'd totally wear that everywhere. Just like all my other sweaters. :D

Bad fake. Look at the puffy numbers on the back and puffy crest. The crappy fight strap. The cut of the jersey is wrong. The color is too red.

And is it just me or do the letters get taller as we go from 'S' to 'L'?

I'm pretty sure this is a fake, but wanted to confirm. I guess it could be a practice jersey....

CapsJersey_zpsfa360872.jpg

It's a fake. No one has ever worn #68 for the Capitals.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310758256964?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l4455&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI310758256964.N7.S1.M1355

So I'm almost positive that this is authentic, but would like some confirmation.

Here is my rational for buying this piece of junk:

1) I want to see if it can be cleanly stripped;

2) The price is low enough to use this as an experiment.

If all works out then it turns into an amazing deal.

The biggest issue though is whether the stains can be cleaned. I can try some oxyclean and/or dry cleaning.

Thoughts?

Lucky! I always loved crazy thirds like this, the Lightning Storm, the Pens mid 90's alt, heck, even the Fishermen. :P They're colorful and unique, and while some may not look that great on the ice, I think they raise the bar on the whole jerseys-as-a-fashion-statement deal. :P I'd totally wear that everywhere. Just like all my other sweaters. :D

Yea I was a young kid when I got it...I loved it! Even pulled a jersey foul and got it customized with my name lol I didnt know any better haha

It's legit but the customization is awful, so is it worth the trouble to strip it and recustomize it?