It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help me learn...what makes it fake rather than real with bad customization?

Immediately you should be able to tell the crest is the wrong material and looks horrible.

$%28KGrHqR,!qYFJSuCW1pgBS%28gbU3v+g~~60_

In addition to the crest and the awful customization the overall cut looks very wrong for an Edge jersey, the NHL shield on the neck looks very sloppy, and where the fight strap attaches is another giveaway.

As far as being a fake versus a legit jersey with bad customization, it's all about the materials. Even poorly customized jerseys use twill in most cases, only the counterfeiters use the puffy/plasticy fake-twill material.

Immediately you should be able to tell the crest is the wrong material and looks horrible.

$%28KGrHqR,!qYFJSuCW1pgBS%28gbU3v+g~~60_

In addition to the crest and the awful customization the overall cut looks very wrong for an Edge jersey, the NHL shield on the neck looks very sloppy, and where the fight strap attaches is another giveaway.

As far as being a fake versus a legit jersey with bad customization, it's all about the materials. Even poorly customized jerseys use twill in most cases, only the counterfeiters use the puffy/plasticy fake-twill material.

Thanks, I do see exactly what you are talking about. I wasn't even considering it because a) it was too good to be true, and B) it didn't look right. Plus I already have a red Brodeur, but if it were a legit authentic I'd have to buy it for $50.

I appreciate the help in teaching me what to look for.

That jersey also has white sleeve tags that are only found on Premier replicas. Legit authentics have black tags, although of course there are plenty of fake jerseys that have black tags as well.

I reallllllly want this one, it's practically a steal. But...the name and number outline boldness are kinda suspicious to me... :wacko: Everything else looks fine though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-mens-mario-lemieux-pro-stitched-jersey-hockey-nhl-large-/271296044518?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f2a811de6

I reallllllly want this one, it's practically a steal. But...the name and number outline boldness are kinda suspicious to me... :wacko: Everything else looks fine though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-mens-mario-lemieux-pro-stitched-jersey-hockey-nhl-large-/271296044518?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f2a811de6

I believe it's a legit replica jersey. Can't speak to the accuracy of the customization, though.

It's a legit replica. It's looks like the basic starter factory customization.

Looking to snag this beauty:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251354645778?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

how big is a 56? I usually wear 52, which perfectly fits my dimensions. Would this be stupidly big?

Looking to snag this beauty:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251354645778?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

how big is a 56? I usually wear 52, which perfectly fits my dimensions. Would this be stupidly big?

I've got a team issue Alfie finals just like that but it's a 54 and it's a tent. So I imagine the 56 will be huge. The rbk 6100 were normally massive.

I guess I can roll up the sleeves and rock it like that...and it's so nice. lol i'm 6'0 240lbs btw.

Wow, I was just on eBay today trying to determine if the jerseys I was looking at were actually legitimate, and I found this thread… AWESOME!

Now I am going to have to start looking again! Thanks all for this!

I found an older Mighty Ducks jersey that has teal colored numbers on the back and on the arms. There is no boarder on the numbers. The name place looks correct to me. Were these numbers ever done this way? It's a egg plant and teal jersey.

Edited by goonsmack

Any Mighty Ducks eggplant/jade jersey should not have solid teal numbers; the numbers are primarily white with colored borders.

So I'm a little new to this jersey but found one a little used and thought It would be a nice jersey to have and well I got the chance coming to get it signed so want something real.. But after I got it I'm just noticing details on the jersey that seems very wrong but then again I'm not the expert so hoping someone can confirm it for me..

post-16825-0-77967200-1382380645_thumb.j

post-16825-0-91050900-1382380669_thumb.j

Hi guys,

Has anyone ever ordered from http://www.footballfanatics.com/ before? If so, are their jerseys legit? Also, what is their customization like with names/numbers?

Thanks

I have not ordered from them but they use stock photos from what looks like NHL.com. Which means you're either getting a legit Reebok replica or a knock-off. God only knows about their customization. What are you looking for specifically?

So I'm a little new to this jersey but found one a little used and thought It would be a nice jersey to have and well I got the chance coming to get it signed so want something real.. But after I got it I'm just noticing details on the jersey that seems very wrong but then again I'm not the expert so hoping someone can confirm it for me..

As CJ said- fake.

Sorry. It takes some time to become familiar with what you need to look for regarding real vs. fake but if you stick with it, you'll get it.

Hi guys,

Has anyone ever ordered from http://www.footballfanatics.com/ before? If so, are their jerseys legit? Also, what is their customization like with names/numbers?

Thanks

I have not ordered from them but they use stock photos from what looks like NHL.com. Which means you're either getting a legit Reebok replica or a knock-off. God only knows about their customization. What are you looking for specifically?

Going off Google, I find that others who've ordered through them have been 100% legit. I'm basically after the jersey in my avi <-. It comes from footballfanatics.com because a UK site orders through them so I don't have to pay absurd credit card fees and customs, since it's all included in the Pound Sterling price that the UK site charges me (£130 btw, for a TML Home Premier w/ name and number)

footballfanatics.com is a legit retailer, they only sell licensed products. They were bought by GSI Commerce in 2011. GSI Commerce in turn was bought by eBay and is now known as eBay Enterprise.

Anyway, GSI offers warehouse solutions for online businesses. Ever notice that if something is sold out on Sports Check it's also sold out on Sports Authority and D!ck's Sporting Good's websites? They all have shared inventory through GSI.

So for customization, in theory buying a jersey from Football Fanactics or Sports Authority or should get you the same level of customization as shop.NHL.com, 'cause they are all GSI clients.