It is good or not?

lafountain

Thank you, sir. Rbk neck label should be green also, correct?

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The green neck label is only on the indo edges

All you have to do is compare it to a real one (retail 1.0):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Pro-sz-54-Pittsburgh-Penguins-2008-Winter-Classic-Crosby-Jersey-/261265315633?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cd4a05731

Pay close attention to the texture of the materials, the stitching of the jersey panels and brand/size tags, and the obvious bad fight strap on the fake.

Thanks guys. With your help, the smack hath been lain. or laid, or whatever.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PHILADELPHIA-FLYERS-AUTHENTIC-WINTER-CLASSIC-TEAM-ISSUED-EDGE-2-0-JERSEY-SZ-56-/290930798997?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43bcd3b195

How about this one? I feel like no one would have the audacity to sell a fake for $450, so if it is real, what would a realistic price be if I were to make an offer?

It's real.

Thanks for the quick reply... I can't wait until I can master the art of authentic jersey recognition... you not only had to see my post and read it, but you then followed the hyperlink and confirmed the authenticity in less than a minute lol

Well the strap is good, you can see the vector is stitched from the neck tag and that seller doesn't sell fakes (although overpriced on everything).

Alright cool-- thank you for the tips-- now I just need to see how much I can make him budge on the price : )

Don't count on it. But it's worth it theyre team issued winter classic there's only a few of them around

Don't count on it. But it's worth it theyre team issued winter classic there's only a few of them around

Granted, JerseyBaron seems to have the Bruins one too, but based on a conversation I had with Barry, he said there were no blanks left from that game.

So I think there's a chance JB may have just bought some blanks and put the Winter Classic patch on them.

It would still be an authentic jersey, but not team issued (at least not for the Classic).

Again, I could definitely be wrong, given that he has Bruins ones as well, just passing along some info.

And yea, JB rarely moves on his prices, so don't expect much.

Granted, JerseyBaron seems to have the Bruins one too, but based on a conversation I had with Barry, he said there were no blanks left from that game.

So I think there's a chance JB may have just bought some blanks and put the Winter Classic patch on them.

It would still be an authentic jersey, but not team issued (at least not for the Classic).

Again, I could definitely be wrong, given that he has Bruins ones as well, just passing along some info.

And yea, JB rarely moves on his prices, so don't expect much.

The B's worn the 'Winter Classic' style jersey for at least 1 game that I can remember against the Ottawa Senators - http://www.icethetics.info/storage/blog/BruinsWCvsSens.png

But in that game they wore a jersey without the Winter Classic patch. If what Barry says is true, I wonder if the extra jerseys are simply overstock from that game... i.e. exactly team issued stock without the patch which were exactly the same as the WC issued in every way except for the patch.

The Winter Classic jerseys that were worn during the other games not outside have almost always been one of the sets worn during the game only with a small swatch of fabric covering the Classic patch on the shoulder. I know for a fact that the Rangers and Flyers did this. Here is the Rangers proof:

IMG_0535-vi.jpg

And I'm almost positive that the Bruins did the same thing. I seem to recall a conversation with Barry about this some time ago and him confirming it. As far as I know, these three teams are the only ones who wore their actual Winter Classic jerseys at other points in the regular season. After all, the Penguins, Capitals AND Flyers turned theirs into either alternate or road sets later down the line. The only one I'm not 100% sure about is when the Wings wore theirs in 2009 against the Blackhawks to close out their home season.

Awesome. Meant to post this one up too, never seen a lettered/numbered Starter before....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eddie-BELFOUR-Chicago-Blackhawks-Starter-jersey-XL-red-/111145194124?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item19e0c5128c

That's just a retail replica

I ended up getting him down to $300 for the Flyers Winter Classic 2010 jersey, although at this point you guys do have me worried regarding its pedigree and cost drop lol

However, I did do the guy a favor in fixing up his website so it's possible he gave me a larger discount just for that so idk

I'll be sure to take pictures and inspect it to see what you guys think-- if we looked at the patch stitching do you think it could be used to determine the validity of it?

There's no doubt it's team-issued, so if it were my jersey I wouldn't really care if it were a regular road jersey with a WC patch stitched on, it's basically the same thing. If it still matters to you, when you get the jersey check the born-on date sticker on the wash tag or the sleeve tags. If the date is in 2009, then it would have been team-issued for the game. But if it has a born-on date after the game (2010-11), then there would be no doubt it's a regular season road jersey with a patch added later.

Alright, cool-- I didn't even know there was such a thing- I will be sure to check that right away- it really wouldn't be a big deal to me, I would just like to know exactly what it is instead of wondering, thanks for the tip