It is good or not?

lafountain

Sabres jersey

Is this one any good? I can tell the new fakes better than I can the old ones.

You can buythe same thing from RCS brand new for a good bit less. Uncustomized, of course...but you won't have to wonder whether they're the real deal!

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sabres jersey

I would request more pictures of that one. I'm not 100% sold that it is fake or legit. The cut of the jersey looks a little off to me. But at the same time everything else looks legit based on the pictures.

Sabres jersey

Looks good.....

The fight strap is correct and the way the sleeves don't exactly fold cleanly are indicators of this...

This one "promises thats its not one of those chinese knockoffs". My gut says otherwise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Henrik-Lundqvist-New-York-Rangers-Authentic-Jersey-New-/300551039772?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item45fa3ceb1c

This one "promises thats its not one of those chinese knockoffs". My gut says otherwise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Henrik-Lundqvist-New-York-Rangers-Authentic-Jersey-New-/300551039772?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item45fa3ceb1c

I saw that, and I'm going to agree with you.

Forget your gut, your eyes should tell you that's super fake.

Forget your gut, your eyes should tell you that's super fake.

I agree, that is terribly fake...i hate that the seller is saying its not a chinese fake. Come on now

I don't think so. There should be a Reebok logo on the left sleeve.

Reebok does NOT place the vector on the sleeves of authentic jerseys. I think it is legit.

The Kings 3rd seems ok to me. The neck tagging seems to go along with the theory (or trend) that the 3rd jerseys/all stars, etc. have that new REEBOK tagging instead of the standard RBK ones for home/away jerseys. Still ask for a couple more pictures to be sure I guess

The Kings 3rd seems ok to me. The neck tagging seems to go along with the theory (or trend) that the 3rd jerseys/all stars, etc. have that new REEBOK tagging instead of the standard RBK ones for home/away jerseys. Still ask for a couple more pictures to be sure I guess

I know for a fact what you said about the REEBOK neck tagging is true. I've seen authentic thirds and that is certainly the case. IMO that jersey is good. What another poster said above about the arms not being flat when laid down is another indicator of a legit jersey. But a fight strap photo IMO would tell the full truth.

The font looks like it is bolded, but again, during that era, there were so many different fonts used, it is fine. The numbers are correct on the back but a little off on the sleeve. The numbers should be "angled" on the sleeves.

IMG_3994.jpg

Thoughts please? Apart from it being a 48:)

Palffy

NYIJM has some good analysis about it and based on what he says it might be worth it. That is, unless you don't really care about the jersey being 100% correct with that minor mistake on the arm font.

Nonetheless, the jersey looks legit to me. But I don't know anything about the Islanders "Fisherman" style.

Thanks Slugger, it is becoming a rare jersey. I have seen so many different variations at the Coli and nobody will point it out as a foul or incorrect because it is a common error...it isnt messed up that badly. Here is a better picture of the sleeve numbers on a Palffy. Even my Palffy jerseys are not 100% accurate.

IMG_2714.jpg

Thanks everyone, I have a Bertuzzi already with the customisation all wrong so may go for this one. As you all say, getting the custom job right on these jerseys is very hard.

First off sorry for the big post/cat fur :(

I have a few things I'm just quite confused of. I have 3 replica jerseys. The Ducks 3rd alternate came in the mail today, got it from HockeyJerseyOutlet, the Pronger was a gift from the GF for Xmas which came from eBay and the Canadiens jersey I bought from SportsCheck last spring. If you look at the wrist Reebok symbol, both Ducks jerseys are heat pressed patches however the Canadiens is embroidered. Also if you look at the neck tag, the 3rd alternate Ducks and the Canadiens are the same style tag but the Pronger is not.

I'm wondering if any of the 3 are fakes or if indeed they are all proper replica's and just have those weird differences. Thanks!

p1020229d.jpg

p1020230d.jpg

p1020232q.jpg

p1020233w.jpg

p1020236.jpg

p1020237hs.jpg

p1020231e.jpg

Your jerseys are all official licensed products (replicas/premiers). :thumbsup:

Reebok changes things frequently on jerseys. What are they up to next?!?!?1

Your jerseys are all official licensed products (replicas/premiers). :thumbsup:

Reebok changes things frequently on jerseys. What are they up to next?!?!?1

Ok sweet thanks for the reply!! I have a couple of authentics on the way, I can't wait to get them, these were before i started reading this forum/really getting into jerseys.