Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

mfitz804

Update on my NSJ experience. Box arrived today and 4 of the 5 jerseys I sent and paid for were in the box. My instinct is that in the cluster he's clearly been in for months, he probably just missed getting it into the box. Bottom line though, it's paid for and not in the box. I just hope the urgent email I just sent about it gets treated on an urgent basis. Not holding my breath sadly.

EDIT: I did get a prompt response. The issue will be taken care of and nothing bad happened to the jersey. He claimed to have emailed me last week about it, which I didn't get, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

Edited by Van67

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mailed some jerseys to Keener’s cross-border partner on 1/25. They were delivered to the partner on 1/27. Got an invoice from Keener today. They typically invoice before they start on the jerseys, so they’re not done, but this has been some good turn around time so far. 

An FYI for Hawks folks.... Tom officially retired and sold CSL January 1st. Ryan is the new owner and he’s been working there since ‘97. This doesn’t have anything to do with wait times, but it’s good to know for those of us accustomed to emailing or speaking with Tom

My November 4 order from EPS was ready today, so maintaining that same 12-15 week time that we are all accustomed to. 

55 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

An FYI for Hawks folks.... Tom officially retired and sold CSL January 1st. Ryan is the new owner and he’s been working there since ‘97. This doesn’t have anything to do with wait times, but it’s good to know for those of us accustomed to emailing or speaking with Tom

Sent them a Hawks jersey last month.  They got it on a Tuesday and shipped it out on Friday.  Smoothest transaction I ever had with a customizer.

1 minute ago, Schlepprock32 said:

Sent them a Hawks jersey last month.  They got it on a Tuesday and shipped it out on Friday.  Smoothest transaction I ever had with a customizer.

That’s insane, how the hell do they do them so fast??

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

My November 4 order from EPS was ready today, so maintaining that same 12-15 week time that we are all accustomed to. 

That's actually not bad considering how many NHL jerseys they had to do, what with the alts and reverse retros too.

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I saw some 708 area code call me so I thought my car warranty was expiring for the 347th time.  I answered the phone in a British accent not thinking it could possibly be CSL but it was.  Kind of felt like a schmuck when I switched back to my Brooklyn accent to give my cc number. Lol.

Just now, Schlepprock32 said:

I saw some 708 area code call me so I thought my car warranty was expiring for the 347th time.  I answered the phone in a British accent not thinking it could possibly be CSL but it was.  Kind of felt like a schmuck when I switched back to my Brooklyn accent to give my cc number. Lol.

I would’ve stuck with the British accent. Once you are in, you have to commit. 

TWSS

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

This is crazy! 
I'm glad they're keeping it going  
I'll have to brown nose Ryan now :)

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I would’ve stuck with the British accent. Once you are in, you have to commit. 

TWSS

You bloody wanker. 

On 2/8/2021 at 5:51 PM, mfitz804 said:

It helps that they're only doing two teams total. I don't think CSL does any pro teams other than the five on their website and 3/5 aren't playing right now.

Has anyone in Canada used EPS recently? I could have a box ready in the morning for them, but with the time it's taking for packages on the way back to get from USPS, through CBSA then to Canada Post... thus giving me a desire to use Purolator or UPS, which is probably going to kill my wallet... I'm wondering if it's a better idea to order loose kits and send them to someone north of the border to have the sewing done. 

Thoughts?

10 hours ago, Van67 said:

Has anyone in Canada used EPS recently? I could have a box ready in the morning for them, but with the time it's taking for packages on the way back to get from USPS, through CBSA then to Canada Post... thus giving me a desire to use Purolator or UPS, which is probably going to kill my wallet... I'm wondering if it's a better idea to order loose kits and send them to someone north of the border to have the sewing done. 

Thoughts?

Just use Canada Post. They been good recently. Back to normal speeds 

5 hours ago, AlereFlammam said:

Just use Canada Post. They been good recently. Back to normal speeds 

It's not Canada Post I'm worried about, it's the wait at the border after USPS gets it to Canada. CBSA controls that.

Last package I sent was a total of 10 days from the time I sent to when the recipient on the eastern seaboard got it.  I'd use Canada Post.  And I don't think it's any quicker to just order kits from EPS and the cost is the same whether they sew or not.  I'd just leave them in EPS' hands, they do such great work.  And as a plus they always send at a low value with no customs fees on return.

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

Last package I sent was a total of 10 days from the time I sent to when the recipient on the eastern seaboard got it.  I'd use Canada Post.  And I don't think it's any quicker to just order kits from EPS and the cost is the same whether they sew or not.  I'd just leave them in EPS' hands, they do such great work.  And as a plus they always send at a low value with no customs fees on return.

Shipping to the US isn't what I'm worried about, it's the wait at the border after USPS gets it to Canada. CBSA controls that. The last 3 packages I've had come from the US to Canada (dating back to last summer) via USPS have sat at the Canadian border for 6-8 weeks before being handed off to Canada Post by CBSA. Has this gotten any better for anyone in the last month or two?

I am leaning towards sending my jerseys to EPS, but I can't hide my nerves with how long packages have been taking to cross the border unless shipped to Canada via Purolator, DHL or UPS. Also, I've been charged customs fees on EPS return packages before. I asked them on a future box of jerseys to declare a low value to avoid it and they refused. 

Edited by Van67

1 minute ago, Van67 said:

Shipping to the US isn't what I'm worried about, it's the wait at the border after USPS gets it to Canada. CBSA controls that. The last 3 packages I've had come from the US to Canada (dating back to last summer) via USPS has sat at the Canadian border for 6-8 weeks before being handed off to Canada Post by CBSA. Has this gotten any better for anyone in the last month or two?

I am leaning towards sending my jerseys to EPS, but I can't hide my nerves with how long packages have been taking to cross the border unless shipped to Canada via Purolator, DHL or UPS. Also, I've been charged customs fees on EPS return packages before. I asked them on a future box of jerseys to declare a low value to avoid it and they refused. 

Seems like you're getting screwed by everyone.  CBSA held my EPS package for a week and a different package for a day or two, and these are in the last month.  I've seen no significant delay coming from USA to Canada.

Also EPS does the lower package value for me all the time without asking for it, not sure why they'd refuse if you've requested it.  I'd say that's odd but wish you better luck on future packages.  Only thing I can think of is I never send more than 2 jerseys to EPS at a time so maybe with a smaller package coming back they're more comfortable listing a lower value??

5 hours ago, jsh139 said:

@Van67 I’m sure you probably already considered it, but would Keener not be able to do what you need EPS to do?

Some yes, some no and most of the yes, EPS' prices make my decision, even when factoring in shipping costs.

On 2/8/2021 at 7:30 PM, jsh139 said:

Mailed some jerseys to Keener’s cross-border partner on 1/25. They were delivered to the partner on 1/27. Got an invoice from Keener today. They typically invoice before they start on the jerseys, so they’re not done, but this has been some good turn around time so far. 

Keener showed my jerseys on KJ Live on 2/12, so they should be coming back to me soon.  4 days from invoice to completion. Pretty good turnaround time, I'd say!

That's a pretty speedy turnaround.  I've got one custom and a few small fixes to go their way soon, this inspires some confidence.  The last one I got back from them the work was absolute perfection too.

29 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

That's a pretty speedy turnaround.  I've got one custom and a few small fixes to go their way soon, this inspires some confidence.  The last one I got back from them the work was absolute perfection too.

This was two full customizations and a third that just needed a patch.  But, all common things they normally do.  From what I could see on their live stream they looked great, haha.

Just got a shipment notice from Keener.  DHL Express.  Says it was picked up today and will be delivered on Friday.  Wow, if that's true it'll be much nicer than the usual 6 to 26 days from Canada Post.