Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

mfitz804

54 minutes ago, CYI3ERPUNK said:

Question for you all, felt this thread was appropriate to ask:

I got a jersey back from a customizer and it was damaged, had a pretty big pull on one sleeve and a small hole on the other.

I emailed them and they told me there was no damage on the jersey when they customized it and then asked for pictures.

I sent pictures and then was told they're not sure how the damage occurred, but if I were to get it repaired it would be barely noticeable and that they were sorry.

I emailed them back basically saying this was unacceptable because I'm now stuck w/ a damaged jersey to which they never replied and I'm not really sure how to proceed.

I thought about calling them but I'll probably just lose it and start yelling @ whoever I speak to, :lol:

What would you guys do in this situation?

If you paid through credit card you can try going through them to have your purchase refunded or if they say the damage wasn't done by them you can try getting the postal system involved if the package was insured.

Other than that unless you want to go through small claims court you're SOL.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was invoiced by EPS yesterday for an order I mailed in on 6/15. That’s 15 weeks, minus the two days it was in transit. 

21 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’d probably call them and lose it, yelling at whoever I spoke to. 

Lmao, ok good, I'm glad there's someone else who would be just as pissed as me.  Thought maybe I was out of line for wanting to scream @ someone over this.

21 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

If you paid through credit card you can try going through them to have your purchase refunded or if they say the damage wasn't done by them you can try getting the postal system involved if the package was insured.

Other than that unless you want to go through small claims court you're SOL.

Yea, I thought about contacting my bank but then my relationship w/ this customizer is basically over and I'll have to find a new one.  I've sent them a bunch of jerseys, only have had an issue w/ this one.  I'm just disappointed w/ how they're acting over it and I guess I shouldn't even want to send them more work anyway.

18 hours ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

It would be helpful if you tell us which customizer it is. 

We've all had lots of experiences with the leading customizers and can likely give you customized advice depending on which one it is. 

I'm not trying to drag anyone's rep thru the mud, just wanted to see what you guys would do in this situation.  I should out them considering how poorly this has been handled, but I don't really see how it would help me.

Edited by CYI3ERPUNK

2 hours ago, CYI3ERPUNK said:

I'm not trying to drag anyone's rep thru the mud, just wanted to see what you guys would do in this situation.  I should out them considering how poorly this has been handled, but I don't really see how it would help me.

You shouldn't think of it as dragging anyone though the mud, you should think of this community as a resource to help you with your problem, especially if you've been treated that bad, as you seem to indicate. Plus you are doing all the others here a service by alerting them to subpar service. 

If you scroll through this thread, you'll see plenty of cases where the customizer is specifically named and the community helps each other. Customizers do great work, but service is part of what they provide, so we have to hold them accountable, even if it's some of the best of the best, whether it be EPS. Cutting Edge, Keener, Bobcat, CustomCrafted, Blake's, ACE, PX, etc, etc. We know the individuals that work there and can often give you strategies specific to them. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BleedingBlue said:

Hey guys, just getting back into collecting after a few years. Just wondering, in the past I used Gameday Sports Archives for a lot of customizing (mostly 90s and Leafs jerseys.) I don’t see any website or online presence any longer, is Truman still active?

Thanks

Not sure if he still is an option but I had him do up a white Ultrafil 90's Hawks jersey for me a few years ago and it needs to be stripped / re-done. 
Hawks are probably one of the more simple kits to do so from here on out my kits will be coming from Keener or the team customizers. 

Edited by Hockey Bob

On 10/14/2020 at 7:55 AM, BleedingBlue said:

Hey guys, just getting back into collecting after a few years. Just wondering, in the past I used Gameday Sports Archives for a lot of customizing (mostly 90s and Leafs jerseys.) I don’t see any website or online presence any longer, is Truman still active?

Thanks

Truthfully, I was never too impressed with his work - I think there are a lot of others who are probably more accurate. 

Anyone dealt with Cutting Edge Sports recently? I emailed a request for some captains lettering (home and away C and A kits) for a jersey back in September, and after I learned that their website doesn't have the correct email address listed, I followed up with a call about two weeks later to make sure they got my request. Managed to speak with someone at the shop and was told they were looking at the request and to expect a response but haven't heard from them going on a month later. 

I've had some challenges with following up with customizers in the past (think Custom Crafted) - and know some customizers don't really like getting one-off small requests. Any suggestions on how best to follow up with them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Zack845 said:

Anyone dealt with Cutting Edge Sports recently? I emailed a request for some captains lettering (home and away C and A kits) for a jersey back in September, and after I learned that their website doesn't have the correct email address listed, I followed up with a call about two weeks later to make sure they got my request. Managed to speak with someone at the shop and was told they were looking at the request and to expect a response but haven't heard from them going on a month later. 

I've had some challenges with following up with customizers in the past (think Custom Crafted) - and know some customizers don't really like getting one-off small requests. Any suggestions on how best to follow up with them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

They've not replied to a few emails I've sent since early summer, and I double-checked the email from my prior communications with them. I've given up. 

Been waiting on a response from CSL for a week so perhaps they shut down again. Normally Tom is extremely responsive. If I recall they also ran out of red edge material for nameplates. Looks like I’ll be sending a pair of Hawks jerseys to EPS instead. I know they’re not the official team customizer, but they do customize the Icehogs and I’m pretty sure the two are identical. Someone please correct me if this assumption is wrong

9 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Been waiting on a response from CSL for a week so perhaps they shut down again. Normally Tom is extremely responsive. If I recall they also ran out of red edge material for nameplates. Looks like I’ll be sending a pair of Hawks jerseys to EPS instead. I know they’re not the official team customizer, but they do customize the Icehogs and I’m pretty sure the two are identical. Someone please correct me if this assumption is wrong

The main thing that bugs me about EPS is that they surge their nameplates on all 4 sides, where a lot of teams don't surge the vertical sides (such as the Leafs). Based on this image, I would say the Hawks also don't surge the vertical edges.

A big pet peeve of mine, but probably something you can ask them to not do.

john-hayden-of-the-chicago-blackhawks-ch

4 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

The main thing that bugs me about EPS is that they surge their nameplates on all 4 sides, where a lot of teams don't surge the vertical sides (such as the Leafs). Based on this image, I would say the Hawks also don't surge the vertical edges.

Good point! Checked an Icehogs TI vs a Hawks TI and you're right. Surged sides on the EPS, not the CSL. Thank you for pointing it out

7 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

john-hayden-of-the-chicago-blackhawks-ch

SLC doesn't do any serging.  The nameplates come from reebok/adidas serged top and bottom.  SLC and most other normal places just leave it as is and cut the nameplate to whatever length they need.  EPS has to be fancy.

8 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

I had them do a Canada 2010 swift for me. They had no problem doing the no-sew letters on the nameplate, but I asked them to not do a zig-zag stitch of the nameplate, as the swift game jerseys are not done that way, and the answer I got was "we'll do it how we do it" and I got a zig-zag stitched nameplate. Hopefully that attitude has changed since.

34 minutes ago, Van67 said:

I had them do a Canada 2010 swift for me. They had no problem doing the no-sew letters on the nameplate, but I asked them to not do a zig-zag stitch of the nameplate, as the swift game jerseys are not done that way, and the answer I got was "we'll do it how we do it" and I got a zig-zag stitched nameplate. Hopefully that attitude has changed since.

That’s weird. While they can be a little stand-offish, I’ve never had them tell me no when I made a special request. 

I personally like the EPS fancy surging even if it's not quite accurate. 

Edited by JJM4

EPS also seems to leave too much space between their nameplates and back numbers. They like to put the plate as high as possible and crop it tight. That leaves too much space between the plate and the numbers. Check out their on-ice teams and you’ll see what I mean. Make sure to tell them details of how you want the plate and numbers placement if that bothers you. It’s subtle, but it was enough to bother me.

EPS:

1996-97 Mikael Renberg (Back)

Ruberti’s (on-ice customizer):

1998-99 Game Worn Dainius Zubrus, road set 1 (Back)

36 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

EPS also seems to leave too much space between their nameplates and back numbers. They like to put the plate as high as possible and crop it tight. That leaves too much space between the plate and the numbers. 

EPS usually does what I ask them to, but twice now they’ve done Flyers jerseys just like yours, with the nameplate too high and too much space between it and the numbers.  I even asked them to put the nameplate a certain amount below the shoulder seam, and they didn’t.  

9 hours ago, LAK74 said:

EPS usually does what I ask them to, but twice now they’ve done Flyers jerseys just like yours, with the nameplate too high and too much space between it and the numbers.  I even asked them to put the nameplate a certain amount below the shoulder seam, and they didn’t.  

Yeah, I remember you saying you had to adjust the nameplate after you got the jersey.  But, I didn't realize that when you specifically asked them to do it a certain way, they ignored you :(

9 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

*TheBigGoalie still drools... 🤤 

Meigray has three for sale on consignment. Plus a practice jersey and a stick.  All a little pricey, though.

https://www.meigray.com/itemcatalog.aspx?searchtype=3&search=vanbiesbrouck

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Meigray has three for sale on consignment. Plus a practice jersey and a stick.  All a little pricey, though.

https://www.meigray.com/itemcatalog.aspx?searchtype=3&search=vanbiesbrouck

Thanks. I’m well aware of them.