Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

mfitz804

On 10/22/2020 at 11:05 PM, Van67 said:

They've not replied to a few emails I've sent since early summer, and I double-checked the email from my prior communications with them. I've given up. 

Given the tone from whomever answered the phone - I get the sense that they really don't like small commissions. Or anyone who isn't the Red Sox, or a college team. Would anyone here have any thoughts/advice on another customizer who might be able to replicate the 2001-2002 era BC hockey font? Looking just get the Captains 'C' and 'A' in the home and road versions for a display. 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Zack845 said:

Given the tone from whomever answered the phone - I get the sense that they really don't like small commissions. Or anyone who isn't the Red Sox, or a college team. Would anyone here have any thoughts/advice on another customizer who might be able to replicate the 2001-2002 era BC hockey font? Looking just get the Captains 'C' and 'A' in the home and road versions for a display. 

EPS might be a good bet, but I'm not exactly a barrel full of NCAA knowledge. I wanted Cutting Edge to do my Islanders fisherman jersey. I do have a Bertuzzi hybrid jersey that they did and can be copied if needed, but the limited pics I am able to find kind of suggest the arm numbers changed a bit from one year to another in the wave era. I'll figure it out and probably send it to North Star Jerseys, which also keeps it in Western Canada, which I now consider a requirement due to the current disaster that is cross-border (and even domestic cross-country) shipping. 

20 hours ago, jsh139 said:

EPS also seems to leave too much space between their nameplates and back numbers. They like to put the plate as high as possible and crop it tight.

Funny, I’ve also noticed that on gamers and other jerseys I’ve had them customize

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

Funny, I’ve also noticed that on gamers and other jerseys I’ve had them customize

Yeah, I think that’s just how they do their customization. So, they just do it for any jersey, their team or not. 

Realistically what Josh will tell you is that the way EPS does them is league mandated and any customizer who isn't is breaking league rules.

I remember that being the response any time someone would ask EPS to use non-EDGE nameplates on an EDGE jersey.

1 hour ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Realistically what Josh will tell you is that the way EPS does them is league mandated and any customizer who isn't is breaking league rules.

I remember that being the response any time someone would ask EPS to use non-EDGE nameplates on an EDGE jersey.

What that tells me is that they can’t be bothered to customize to the buyer’s specifications. “We’re not Burger King. You can’t have it your way”. 

11 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

To be honest, if you’re going to measure every aspect of a jersey and won’t be happy unless everything is perfect, just go to the actual customizer. I’m sure there are situations in which that isn’t possible (like someone going out of business), but in all other situations, use the right guy. Don’t use the wrong guy and then  be critical that it’s not exactly like someone else’s work.

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

To be honest, if you’re going to measure every aspect of a jersey and won’t be happy unless everything is perfect, just go to the actual customizer. I’m sure there are situations in which that isn’t possible (like someone going out of business), but in all other situations, use the right guy. Don’t use the wrong guy and then  be critical that it’s not exactly like someone else’s work.

I definitely agree with this - EPS operations are way too big to handle every customer request. I assume they just have their standard processes and don't deviate away.

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Stick this quote right to the front page of the website.  

17 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Can't argue with that. 

Here's where I miss the other forum you created where we could just like something and not have to quote it. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 9:06 PM, TMLFAN said:

If you paid through credit card you can try going through them to have your purchase refunded or if they say the damage wasn't done by them you can try getting the postal system involved if the package was insured.

Other than that unless you want to go through small claims court you're SOL.

Sorry for the delayed update, but this is what I ended up doing.  Chase refunded me, but I'm not sure how disputes work, maybe they have a chance to dispute my dispute or something.  Anyway, thanks for the advice!

Also, for the person asking about who the customizer was, it was Keener.  Which is disappointing for me, because I've sent them a bunch of jerseys and now I'm going to have to find a new customizer.

Edited by CYI3ERPUNK

19 minutes ago, Van67 said:

I'd be interested to know how Keener has been recently as well. Are they still not liking detailed instructions as well?

Also, has anyone had recent communication with North Star Jerseys? 

Not recently - but I ordered a kit back in June for Penguins Stadium Series and I still haven’t received. I was told 1 week back in October, but still nothing. I know a bunch of others are having similar issues. 

• 1 month later...

Just got invoiced from EPS today.  Late August early September to now, I believe it's about 15-16 weeks wait. 

I’m still waiting on an August 18 order, but I did request (and was granted) a player change two months after, which probably put me back to the bottom of the list. 

They only have 2 of my jerseys right now, which is atypical for me. I haven’t been buying blanks. 

All they had was 2 of my jerseys too.  You're lucky you got a player change in, they seem pretty stickler on all orders being final when sent in, but I guess you've done enough business with them that they honored it. 

39 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

All they had was 2 of my jerseys too.  You're lucky you got a player change in, they seem pretty stickler on all orders being final when sent in, but I guess you've done enough business with them that they honored it. 

I was pretty surprised they said yes. But I have 8n fact wasted a ton of money on jerseys with them over the years, maybe that did get me a little cred. 

Ha, maybe they cleared a log-jam today.  I got an invoice today for an order of 4 random minors I sent in mid-late August.

(shipped UPS 8/17, I'd have to look up date of receipt, but I'm too lazy)

Edited by LetsGoCaps
Detail

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I was pretty surprised they said yes. But I have 8n fact wasted a ton of money on jerseys with them over the years, maybe that did get me a little cred. 

Speaking from experience, does "cred" equal "money down the tubes"?

Anyone received any communication from North Star Jerseys recently (yes, again)? I did get a reply about a month ago and got told my jerseys would be ready in time for Christmas, yet here we are. I sent another email last week, but crickets so far. 

Edited by Van67

10 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

Speaking from experience, does "cred" equal "money down the tubes"?

Given how many I have had customized and no longer own, I would say definitely so. 

20 hours ago, Van67 said:

Anyone received any communication from North Star Jerseys recently (yes, again)? I did get a reply about a month ago and got told my jerseys would be ready in time for Christmas, yet here we are. I sent another email last week, but crickets so far. 

While we're on the topic of crickets, has anyone dealt with Sports Haven recently?  I sent in a Red Wings jersey about 4 months ago and have not gotten a response in two emails already.  This is my first time using them so I don't know if this is protocol for these guys.  I swear I'm only buying gamers from now on to avoid this, I don't care how much it costs.

Edited by Schlepprock32

27 minutes ago, redwingsdownunder said:

I'd imagine they're pretty pre-occupied with the season jerseys right now. They have a reputation for being very slow. Have you tried calling them?

Goes to a voice mail with a full mail box.  I sent it in September hoping to avoid the start of the season.  Gonna be a long winter 'til I see that one.